[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm turning 23 in a few days. It's really crunch time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I'm turning 23 in a few days. It's really crunch time for me to be honest. Still a virgin. Still Obese. Still a depressive-anxious mess. Still no friends, let alone partner of any kind. Doing poorly in college and with work because all I want to do is lay around and sleep.

Life doesn't feel like living. And hasn't since around 2011 at least. I would have probably killed myself by now without my parent's neetbux. I used to be majorly depressed where I would sob all day and physically ache. I can be thankful that has subsided and all I feel is a numbness.

I know I have undiagnosed High Functioning Autism. Thinking about going to a psychiatrist to prescribe me some drugs to help with focus and the anxiety. Should I go?
>>
>>27701568

the pharma jew will just fuck your life up even worse, go see a talk therapist and work on various coping skills
>>
>>27701568
why dont you at least work on yourself and start losing all that fat, op?
>>
is your name tyler
>>
>>27701568
>all those issues and about to turn 31

Get on my level
>>
>>27701619
Well, I have. 275 to 263 in an 8 month period is negligible though. It really hasn't helped to alleviate many of my mental issues.
>>
File: 1435626109606.jpg (117 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1435626109606.jpg
117 KB, 500x400
>>27701568
Pharmaceutical anti-depressants are generally only effective for people who are unable to properly intellectually or psychologically fathom the concept of depression and their own nuanced variation of it.

If you're smart enough to articulately express a succinct self-evaluation on a Laotian spelunking forum, you're probably too smart for a nice mister doctor man to give you a super special magic pill to make all the bad feelings go bye bye, but I'm sure that comes as no real surprise if you're being honest with yourself.

Plus if being fat's bothering you, you REALLY don't wanna take depression or anxiety meds. If you're gonna self medicate get some St. John's Wort from your nearest lesbian hippie store and talk to your doctor about CBT. Anecdotally, that is usually the best course of therapy for the kind of clever-but-self-obsessed-and-morbidly-neurotic manchildren that tend to make up this board
>>
>>27702481
Do you suppose your observation applies to things like Adderall/Baclofen for focus and anxiety control. Or are you thinking mostly of SSRIs?
>>
I'd see a psychiatrist. Fuck that all shit about just being more active or reading philosophy to deal with depression (though yeah, that did helps) - but I started 10mg fluoxetine after 6 years as a total loser and 2 years as a suicidal loser, and feel like a functional human being again.

Sometimes it really is just an imbalance of neurotransmitters.
>>
>>27701568
If anything, get some shit off a DNM. lchudifyeqm4ldjj.onion/?ai=31617
>>
>>27701568
>>27701598
This. What you need is to learn cognitive behavioral therapy, OP. It's very effective for treating depression and anxiety, and you can learn and apply it either by yourself or with a therapist. Keep an open mind and give it a try, because you've really got nothing to lose and every reason to change.
>>
>>27702481
fag

>jdjnksvnksdvn
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.