[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /never having kids/ here? Of course most of us can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: baldy.jpg (55 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
baldy.jpg
55 KB, 852x480
Who /never having kids/ here? Of course most of us can't get laid anyway, but I'm referring to those who wouldn't even if they could. What are your reasons?
>>
>>27701432

I'm way too lazy, sadistic and unempathic to look after a child, little shit would be getting put up for adoption for its own well being
>>
>>27701432
I'm gay so no kids for me ever, I don't date either.
>>
>>27701432
Having children is like condemning a new person to 60 or more years of Hell just because you wanted to have a miniature you to relive your past through.

Who /antinatalist/ here? I consider having children immoral a priori.
>>
>>27701509

that's just you universalizing your own suffering

granted your child would probably have a horrible life from having you as a parent lmao, but theres plenty of people with amazing lives
>>
>>27701561

True. I wouldn't risk it though. No matter how strong or successful you are it will never prevent the possibility of your child being a miserable shit.
>>
Money, coming up with it aint that easy a few people get lucky. Having an extra expense like kids makes it more difficult less money to invest if the right opportunity comes around.
Pregnancy is an ordeal, and it never fucking ends because you get a kid after it. Now you have something that constantly needs attention at all fucking hours for years.
Education for it, public education isn't bad people expect too much from teachers they give them a block of wood and get told turn it into a masterpiece of a sculpture, that's not their job. Their job is giving tools to the kid so they can shape themselves, everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves regardless of whoever else has an obligation for that, but that's way too over looked these days.
Along with education is a career, it's irresponsible to have a kid without having some sort of business to get them started with, you can call it nepotism but if your not setting them up to function in the economy they're totally fucked from the start unless you have a plot of land they can live off of or can provide for them for fucking ever.
Honestly I could come up with more reasons if I had to. Having children is a horrible decision most people are born due to irresponsible accidents.
>>
>>27701432
It's not worth it.

If you can't form strong social bonds, you would be a failure of a parent. I don't want to have a child growing up with a stunted father like me. Once I become a better person maybe I'll consider having children, but for now I am in no position to be responsible for essentially taking care of another human being.

How can I do that when I can't even take care of myself?
>>
>>27701937
>Along with education is a career, it's irresponsible to have a kid without having some sort of business to get them started with, you can call it nepotism but if your not setting them up to function in the economy they're totally fucked from the start unless you have a plot of land they can live off of or can provide for them for fucking ever.

I feel you man

Shipping off your kid to college and saying "lol just give a firm handshake" is the biggest lie of this generation
>>
>>27701432
I want sons but not a wife.
>>
File: 1459836206082.jpg (135 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
1459836206082.jpg
135 KB, 680x1020
>>27701432
I have issues with my parents, they both had issues with theirs. I want to be the better person and break the cycle.

Plus, if I had a son and he lost his virginity at a younger age than me (21 yo virgin here so pretty fucking likely), I would most likely fly into an autistic rage and kick the shit out of him with the justification of "hey, you're a big fucking man now, you can take a beating"
>>
>Have autism
>Got some genetic bone condition which could be passed on to any kids I have

Those are the main reasons. The autism or some aspect of it doesn't really worry me, it's the bone condition which does because I only have it mildly and there is a chance my kids could get it servilely to the point they are in wheelchairs, and that's something I don't want to put them through. Or even risk it.

That and I have a short temper. I don't think I'd be able to handle it when my kids are screaming their heads off and there's nothing I can do to stop them. Plus I'm lazy, and fighting depression. I wouldn't wanna put them through waking up one day to find me gone and then find out a little later that I jumped in front of a train.

All that being said I'm starting to get to the age where I am sort of wanting to have kids, but I just know that it's not practical.
>>
I'm probably going to be dead at 40 anyway so if I do have kids around about 30, ill have 10 extra years of fun if I dont.

Parents and sister want me to have kids, but nah.
>>
I can't wait to have children OP. I'd like 10 with a Chad.
>>
>>27701989
>>27701989
Honestly I really REALLY want to go back to college and I'm really close to being able to, like I'm getting crippling depression that it's something just within reach but I can't grasp it right now. But, I really also REALLY don't want to go because a degree doesn't automatically mean someones going to hire you, in fact it's a good reason for people to not hire you and say you're over qualified, like it's catered to females to go "For the experience" which basically means fuck around both literally and figuratively. Like colleges just seem designed to be so fucking hostile to white males I almost want to skip it even if I am able to do it. I just want to learn and get a diploma not get caught up in peoples "I'm young and gotta live it up doing irresponsible things because this is a ride that's going to end up with me being so successful and responsible" shit.

If I haddn't been drinking I meant to say public education is better than people regard (colleges are not public education, very far from it) but there are other things that I would personally feel a child that belongs to me needs to be tutored in, the basics in public education is enough to fill up their days but I've seen first hand how easy it is for the kid to get left behind I honestly wouldn't even consider having a kid unless home schooling was an option from the start.
>>
>>27701997
how u feel about a baby momma
>>
>>27702317
The way things are going, most grads (even stem) aren't able to get a job in their field

This means you're better off sucking it up and entering the workforce immediately

The degree = more money is correlation, not causation
>>
Whenever I look at those dumb gypsies that live near me that treats their own children like total trash and have utter miserable lives my mind refuses any desires of having children just to avoid ending up like them
>>
>>27702375
Yeah, totally I noticed a few years ago when I thought college was just for rich people that a degree doesn't mean shit if you can't put it to work immediately. Even the old guild system you'd get trained, and move somewhere else to practice outside the person teaching you's costumers.
I've tried explaining it to someone that was trying to tell me college is important that I didn't want to pick a path I couldn't ply as a trade on my own for what I was learning. Like if you learned how to work on one specific machine but you learn one component of it first, like troubleshooting a circuit board connection with a voltmeter between gates or whatever to see where the thing is losing power if you couldn't see an outright problem with a component, someone could be like "Oh hey there, Anon. I got this electronic doodad with a problem can you check it? I'll pay you X for doing it" if it's not task I could make cash off of for performing I don't see why I would I should go.
>>
Kids are
>expensive as shit
>take up literally all of your free time
>might fuck you over later in life (teen daughter might get preggo, teen boy might be a criminal, etc)

Not like any girl would ever mate with me but still
>>
I would be a terrible father, I can't take care of myself how in the hell would I ever be able to take care of someone else?

Also I'm XXY so I'm pretty sure I can't have kids even if I wanted to
>>
The crippling responsibility. They'll break your shit, take your money, you have to watch them 24/7 or they'll accidentally kill themselves, they think they're smarter than you and won't listen to you, won't be quiet, your wife will stop treating you as a priority for the rest of your life and you'll regularly get her worst instead of her best, and this will go on for at least 2 decades.
>>
Kids are a pain in the ass. I'd probably wind up abusing mine.
>tfw mom wants grandkids
>keeps asking me about girls when I go home for holidays
>haven't talked to a girl in 4 years
>mom keeps pestering
>break down in front of her saying I can't even talk to girls let alone have a relationship last long enough to get married and have kids
>mom finally leaves me alone
Feels good man
But some days I do think being a single father of a girl would be fun.
>>
>have no mothering instinct
>am socially awkward and would not teach good social skills/get along with other moms
>experience bouts of extreme depression and intense suicidal thoughts
>can barely take care of my dogs, often overwhelmed and won't get more after them
>don't want to shape another person and help them grow
>only want to be responsible for my health/happiness
>can barely maintain family relationships with the people I have
>don't want to get pregnant and never will (have IUD but will get tubal)
>dislike being around children and avoid them
>cost too much money
>just plain don't want to

It's my belief that if you don't want kids, you shouldn't have them. They are an enormous responsibility because you are essentially responsible for laying the groundwork for another person's entire life. Many, many people are having kids and it doesn't matter if I do or not.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.