[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it a good idea to take melatonin nightly? i;ve been doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: M6250897-Melatonin_pills-SPL.jpg (41 KB, 399x530) Image search: [Google]
M6250897-Melatonin_pills-SPL.jpg
41 KB, 399x530
is it a good idea to take melatonin nightly?

i;ve been doing so for the past week now
>>
Yes it is. Your body will stop making its own melatonin and you won't be able to fall asleep without melatonin supplements.
>>
>>27693263
I don't believe it. I take melatonin every other night, and I'm still alright on the nights that I don't need it.

Do you have a reliable citation for that claim?
>>
>>27693235
hydroxyzine is 1000% better m8
>>
>>27694383
thats still often enough you dope.

try going a week without and while anyone can sleep if they try to you will have a harder time getting good sleep.
>>
>>27694408
fuck that, get a script for ambien.
>>
>>27693235
its pretty much harmless if you dont abuse it. up to 4mg should be fine. if you drink a beer while taking the pills and then going to bed youre gonna have really interesting and vivid dreams
>>
>>27693235

I take melatonin every night. I have always had trouble falling asleep at night (early childhood trauma). As far as I am aware (and I have been doing this for about five or six years), it has not negatively impacted my life. It has been a blessing because it helps me fall asleep more easily.
>>
>>27694511
4mg is way too much. Less is really more with this
>>
>>27694488
Ambien is pure shit. Gave me this horrible metalic taste in my mouth and I was wired as fuck. And I got this prescribed to me by a doctor. Lunesta was even worse. Sleeping pills are shit. Im prescribed 100mg of trazodone right now but that only keeps me asleep for 3 hours max then I have a headache. Yay insomnia.
>>
>>27694522
thats what it said in the text that came with them. one pill was 1mg and up to 4 was okay
>>
>>27694577

Well yeah, but why take 4 when you only need 1, ya know? Most people who use it for sleep actually take less than a milligram. They only sell 5mg pellets around here, never knew why.
>>
>>27694539
Sounds like they just don't work for you. Z-drugs and Benzos put me to sleep like a babby. Taking just like 10mg of Valium gives me the best quality of sleep ever. Hydroxyzine on the other hand makes me feel groggy the day after. Ditto for benadryl. Melatonin on its own no longer works on me, but I remember it being serviceable.
>>
>>27694630
Z-drugs for the win. I have grown to love that metallic taste in my mouth. Great anxiety relief too.
>>
>>27694648
I'm intrigued as to why you get a metallic taste in your mouth. All the benzos do that to you?
>>
>>27694677
Nah, only z-drugs seem to do that. No clue why either. I know as far as benzos go, xanax tastes bitter as fuck and clonazepam (klonopin) is minty. Neither tastes stick around like they do with z-drugs though
>>
>>27694689
Hmm, yeah. I have legitimate GAD/Panic disorder. I've had to crush Xanax tablets in water to get them quicker into my system -- not fun times.

Btw kiddos, don't do these drugs unless u had to. I was addicted to Benzos for two years. I have large holes in my long term memory, and I feel pretty numb at times when I shouldn't -- I dunno if I can attribute it to that. I've since "kicked the habit" but I still have a tablet when I've been staring at the ceiling for 2 hrs or when my anxiety is creeping up in public situations. Shitsux.
>>
Makes a lot of people drowsy the next day. I do benadryl but if you take too much you'll see spiders everywhere
>>
I will have an intercontinental flight tonight. Is this stuff wrong enough to knock me out? I don't want to risk arrest by taking a benzo.
>>
>>27693235
I used to do this, relying on pills for these sorts of things isn't a good idea. I sometimes take it if I'm having real trouble going to sleep.
>>
Anyone ever been on wellbutrin and tried melatonin?
My dreams are already fucked up and vivid enough, I'm not trying to make them worse
>>27694846
Why's it always spiders with you people?
Is it just a meme?
>>
>>27694846

Jesus, I once took 100mg benadryl and my television start swirling like there was a vortex or a black hole or some shit.

>>27694866

Benadryl is legal. If it makes you sleepy, take it. I can't sleep on flights, but I took 90mg of benadryl and was out for my international flight.
>>
>>27694877
this i take 200 mg DPH for sleep most nights and the most i get is heavy limbs and a breathing room, slight euphoria.

i understand why you guys "see" spiders because of the slight warp of vision to make everything seem alive and moving but still
>>
>>27694866
Melatonin isn't really going to knock you out, it's more for setting a good pattern.

>>27694884
Shit I take that much to sleep now (if I take it; tolerance is a bitch) because it just throws you on the ground and fucks you to sleep. It pairs really well with dxm surprisingly. Much less scary.

Doxylamine is a lot gentler if you just want to sleep or listen to music

>>27694877
yes and no. Deliriants are weird as fuck
>>
Taken it nightly for almost three years. It's good for you, anon. Just remember that you don't need to take a lot; 1mg should be your absolute maximum.
>>
>>27694630
Benzos work the first night then work less and less all while making me incredibly drowsy through the day, same with hydroxazine. Benadryl is pretty weak I have to take a ton of it for it to work. Melatonin actually has a really strange effect on me I get really hyper and then start crying my eyes out. The only thing that ever worked was opiates but I'm never going back to that shit. I just got a gym membership so I'll see if that helps at all.
>>
>>27694745
crushed xanax in water? that sounds terrible

xanax is arguably the worst thing I've ever tasted. I took half a bar one time and a little pit of powder got on my tongue. it was the most gut-wrenching bitter taste imaginable.
>>
>>27695105
One time a xanax got stuck in my throat and chemical burned it. Super shitty.
>>
>>27694983

I was pretty sleep deprived and just about to fall asleep too, so I think that played into it.
>>
>>27693263
>Yes it is.

You mean "no, it isn't"
>>
took 4 the first time i tried it not knowing about it and i felt asleep in like 30 seconds
>>
>>27695133
I definitely believe you. That shit is weird even at lowish doses.
>>
>>27693235
I used to break up a 3mg pill and eat a tiny crumb of it since its proven to be more effective in the long run. So less is more.
I stopped because it gives me crazy dreams and I don't enjoy having crazy dreams.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.