[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times you fucked up when talking to a girl thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: bobby panicking.jpg (15 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
bobby panicking.jpg
15 KB, 556x561
>be in school
>rarely talk to girls
>be in the same bio class as a 7/10 but adorable qt that actually talked to me and seemed to care about me
>felt ok
>she apparently had long hair that went down to her hips, but I was too interested in her to notice that specific detail
>finished bio exam and started next semester
>fast forward 2 or 3 weeks later
>walking through hallway to get to class
>see her walking the opposite direction and she sees me
>say hi and we stand around and talk for a little
>she asks if I notice anything different about her
>mfw I haven't seen this girl in 2 or 3 weeks and I honestly don't remember anything about her changing drastically
>say nothing but stare at her for a few seconds
>stand there like an autist inspecting her
>blank out for a sec and start sweating a bit
>"I cut my hair anon, it's shorter now, can't you notice?"
>she got a hair cut that only took 2-4 inches off of her hip-length long hair and I didn't notice at all because I haven't seen her in a few weeks
>reply "oh yeah, you did, sorry I just haven't seen you in some time" or something like that
>we say goodbye and rush off to class to not be late
>mfw I realized how awkward I was only after school
>mfw I could almost sense how she instantly lost respect for me
But why?? Her hair is pretty and all, but I couldn't tell she got a hair cut, for fuck's sake, it's been weeks since I saw her that time!
>>
I doubt she had any respect for you to begin with so you didn't lose it, if anything it might have pushed you up a notch.

You're falling into a dumb trap where you think you have to know everything about her and compliment her on everything. IT'S A TRAP mentality don't do that; it's oneitis in the making.
>>
>>27691769
>I doubt she had any respect for you to begin with so you didn't lose it, if anything it might have pushed you up a notch.
you think? but she was so sweet and caring whenever I talked with her.
I know the compliment situation is comparable to a bomb-defusal situation, but how was I supposed to get out of that?
>>
File: 1448427036138.jpg (25 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1448427036138.jpg
25 KB, 450x450
>text jokes to a girl one too many times
>"Don't text me anymore."
>Makes fun of me in front of everyone in class several times

This was in college BTW.
>>
>>27691909
Women are "nice" to a lot of people for a lot of reasons I wouldn't put to much weight into it.

Women's attraction works a lot different than men's. You can't just pay attention to her to make her like you, it almost does the opposite for them.
I don't know your current end goal but you can't just play a passive game where she asks you for compliments and you fumble around, she's not gonna ask you on a date, you have to do that. Since you're not in class together anymore, it won't be that awkward to get rejected. You should ask her to get lunch together or chill and get coffee.
>>
>you like me?
>hah, nice joke, you're way out of my league
Still lose sleep over it occasionally.
>>
>>27692043

Women's attraction is automatic. Either she is into you right away and everything you do is attractive, or she finds you repulsive and everything you do disgusts her.

This is why she is the one who has the yes/no answer immediately available when you ask her out. Its why paying her attention doesn't change your attractiveness for the better.
>>
>>27691709
lmao she probably didn't think nothing about it as she just went back to texting 12 others guys shortly afterwards
>>
>be in 8th or 9th grade, decent girl into you. Probably a virgin too. Don't do anything because I wanted other grills at the time.
>be in 10th grade, petite athletic girl into you. Later find out she has a boyfriend. She would hold hands and pretend to be in a relationship. She would make up rumors about me doing things with other girls.
>At my first job, a short, thicker mexican girl into me but has a kid. (Ended up taking her younger qt virgin sister on a date but nothing happended.) Bisexual hippie type girl also. And a major slut would have banged me. And an international Mongolian worker that I took out on a date. Never really regretted these.
>18 worked with a Qt Ukrainian petite girl with a sexy accent. Coworker said she had a thing for azn guys. She was a slut apparently.
>18-19 Another girl I worked with called me a handsome devil. Slightly pudgy but blonde and qt. Didn't do anything and I still don't know why. For some reason I regrett this the most.

I don't know if I have major autism or what. I'm asian and attracted to the white devil and I have mostly attracted white girls. I'm still a KV at 21. I just know I'm going to off myself because I want a white qt virgin. Also I work with mostly males now. And I have a few years before I go to college so I have to go out of my way to meet women.
>>
>>27692105
I think you're completely right when talking about normies. But once sees how robots really are (by spending time with one) attraction would wane pretty fast, regardless.
>>
File: sad scubadude.jpg (9 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
sad scubadude.jpg
9 KB, 236x354
>be invited to some normie kid's party I barely knew
>first time I've ever been invited to a birthday party that wasn't family
>arrive, turns out it's one of those stereotypical high school kid house parties you see in shitty comedies
>dressed as a supreme fedora tier edgelord, sneakers, jeans, black peacoat
>just sit on a couch in a corner and play slots on my flip phone (this was a while ago)
>not one, but three Staceys come up to me
>suddenly get that overwhelming feeling of dread due to being stared at
>try to ignore them
>they ask me about the game I'm playing
>I reply quickly without even looking at them
>suddenly asked what I do, what my interests are
>at the time I had no real interests other than shitposting online and PS2 games
>"I'm not interested in anything, in fact, I'm a really boring person..."
>look down while saying that
>realize how incredibly gay and depressing I sounded
>they say nothing and just walk away
>no one talked to me for the rest of the night
>go home and sulk
>>
File: 1457151449177.png (450 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1457151449177.png
450 KB, 600x580
>>27691948
>getting bullied by a girl in college
When getting bullied anytime or anywhere stand up for yourself most of the time they will leave you alone pham lam
>>
File: 1447796871726.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447796871726.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>27692259

It wasn't that kind of bullying. She wasn't "bullying" me directly, she was "trying to be nice" by talking to me. She just made sure she talked loud enough so others could hear. And then made "friendly" jokes about me. About my height and the way I talked. Others laughed along.

"Standing up for myself" would have looked even more autistic than laughing along. She was super popular and had a reputation as being "very kind and empathetic."

I wasn't even sitting near her. She came over to where I was sitting to make jokes about me. I just ignored her after that, it worked fairly well.
>>
>>27692375
Man I used to be the exact same. They do stuff like that cuz they know you're weak and it "increases" their social standing for 2 reasons. Normies think she was "nice" for talking to a "pathetic loser." And normies will think she's funny and witty.

You need to watch comedians deal with hecklers. Come up with some ammo for yourself and get some quips. I know this shit sounds retarded and cheesy, but it's fucking fun and funny. Acquiring a silver tongue is the biggest self confidence you can ever have. And you're in a great position to use it because honestly you have nothing to lose. Taking a verbal shit on someone is fucking hilarious and completely turns the tables. It also opens your mind to how people shit-talk and trash talk, most of it is not out of malice, it's just fun/funny.

If you ever get the chance, go near a construction site or hard labor that has a bunch of dudes in it. They shit talk constantly and laugh their ass off at each other, not because they're mean, but because it's hilarious and bonds them.
>>
>>27692488

That was years ago. I've had plenty of practice since then. But you're right, you have to make a conscious effort to learn how to be a dick back to them if you don't talk like that normally.
>>
>>27692488

Also, I never had trouble talking shit with guys but its definitely coming from a different place when girls do it. Its really easy to tell that guys are just giving you shit and expecting you to give them shit back.

This chick was straight up pretending to be a sweet thing while being a total cunt.
>>
>in store
>wearing band tee shirt
>legitimate 9/10 helps me
>starts talking about how she loves that band and blah blah blah, she moved from back east to out west because she thought there would be more opportunity
>tells me that its been really hard to meet new people out here
>"T-thanks, y-you too"
>Take my purchase and leave.

I understand she was probably only being nice because I was a customer, but I still wonder about the small chance I had been given a golden opportunity and fucked it up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.