[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots thought of becoming a teacher I have never been good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Any robots thought of becoming a teacher I have never been good at anything in my life at least I could just baby sit a bunch of kids and mark assignments I'd like to do IT but it's dead.
>>
I'm majoring in classical composition, and if I can't land a job scoring vidya, cartoons, or films or something, I want to be a high school or college music professor. Sounds pretty easy and stress-free. I'm not concerned about the income, since it's obviously livable.
>>
>>27691749
Nice that sounds awesome I'm 19 currently doing nothing I have no job prospects but thought I could at least do English/History teaching here in Australia. Scoring for vidya, cartoons or film would be sweet but I imagine hard to get into.
>>
>>27691794
Why not become an ALT in Japan? You're closer than me, just a stones throw away you lucky chap!
>>
I thought about it. But then I realized I fucking hate high school kids.
>>
>>27691678
I'm a teacher in the UK; holidays are good, kids are sometimes OK, the workload is crippling. The pay seems alright when you have no money, but after a few years you realise it's awful.
>>
>>27692031
If you could go back what would you do you see I'm not good at anything and I'm thinking the holidays are decent but obviously the workload would be shit and the pay isn't to awful.
>>
That's the direction I'm headed towards atm, here in California. I'm doing a liberal arts BA and realized that I hate science and math courses.

I have virtually no ambition or talents. I don't know how to make it in the private sector. I'm probably too dumb, fat, and anxious for law enforcement. Definitely too dumb and squeamish for nursing.

Seems like teaching is the only other choice here.
>>
>>27692079
Grad scheme, do an MSc, marketing, or anything really. The trouble is once you're in teaching it's so hard to get into any other sector. My pay is about 42,000GBP, which is high, but the job is killing me. But I can't get out and earn the same somewhere else. Plus, most of my university 'friends' now earn way more....
>>
I'm tempted to teach high school CS for at least one or two years, if only because all the teachers I had were fucking awful and even high school brats deserve better.
>>
File: 1418020369845.png (319 KB, 712x712) Image search: [Google]
1418020369845.png
319 KB, 712x712
I'm a substitute teacher and I can't even imagine having to responsibly do this shit EVERY day and stick to a curriculum plan and deal with kids' bullshit on a daily basis. Granted, I've learned that I hate children even more than I thought. I mean, despise them. Children don't deserve to even be called humans.

I'd rather be a fucking janitor than a real teacher.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456832831090.jpg (45 KB, 622x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456832831090.jpg
45 KB, 622x720
I've been working my way up the ranks in my school district since 2008.
Almost done with school, two more years to go. Then I can take over the preschool classroom I work in.
Life's alright.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.