[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nightmares & Sleep Paralysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: sleep_paralysis.jpg (66 KB, 322x260) Image search: [Google]
sleep_paralysis.jpg
66 KB, 322x260
Just woke up from a nightmare w/ sleep paralysis. There was an actual old hag/witch this time. I've had this kind of nightmares before but never with an old hag. Bitch was pissed at me for some reason.

Shit was terrifying. However, as usual, 10-15 minutes later and I'm already forgetting most of what was going on.

All I remember is that she wasn't actually on my chest but near my window, hovering the ground and with glowing red eyes, dirty black hair and a long dark purple dress. She had a creepy smile and crooked, long teeth. She was messing with my head the fucking bitch.

All I was thinking during that was "This is just a nigthmare. It's scientifically impossible that an actual monster witch is in my room right now".
Still, pretty scary.

Tell me about your experiences, robots.
>>
Fuck, that's hella scary.
No joke, I would've shat my bed.
>>
>>27689872
>This is just a nigthmare. It's scientifically impossible that an actual monster witch is in my room right now.

I think the same thing every time i shit myself kek
>>
A long haired demon lady appears.

She a qt

Im a lucky guy

I still get scared tho
>>
How can one willingly induce sleep paralysis?
>>
>>27691125
Try to lucid dream. Thats how it happened for me.
>>
>>27689872
Should have just fucked her. Its not easy, but someone's gotta do it.
Lose your virginity and stop the scary witch.
>>
>>27691125
Sleep on your back
Don't sleep much at night then nap during the day

I avoid both of these.
>>
You know OP, in my lucid dreaming experiences, I have heard of people encountering other beings or spirits in the "other" planes they visit when lucid dreaming.

Essentially, when lucid dreaming, you temporarily "leave" your body and allow it "open" to other beings/spirits/forms what have you. This only happens very rarely (apparently) because our plane of existence rarely intersects with the other planes at a point where an entity would reside near you in their plane of existence at the exact moment you begin a lucid dream.

I have not heard about his happening to anyone (but how on earth would it be proven it quite paranormal) , BUT, there is a risk of being trapped outside of your body by one of these other forms. Being that this is such an odd topic, and not really officially researched or discussed, not many people have evidence of being "possessed".

This may worry someone lucid dreaming but apparently through your own willpower you can protect yourself while lucid dreaming. If you have ever lucid dreamed, you typically begin floating near your body. If you do see any sort of entity near you you should begin to imagine it leaving. You should yell at the entity in a stern voice to leave. While a living being lucid dreams it has been assumed we have a much higher willpower than a paranormal being, so it is easy to avoid being taken by an entity and trapped outside of your body. Consequently, it would also has been theorized that it would be easy to invite an entity to control your physical form.

Lucid dreaming can be fun, and is apparently used in warfare in "extra sensory brigades". Even as far back as WW2, the allies used lucid dreams to successfully spot German targets and even supposedly acquire vital intelligence (IE encryption codes)

Start reading around about lucid dreaming from "legit" sources and you learn some very fucked things.
>>
>>27693068
Fuck off to /x/ and take your blog with you
>>
>>27693118
should i post the frog instead? ree?
>>
>living in Colorado at the time w/aunt & uncle
>sleeping in living room
>had a false awakening
>woke up paralyzed
>not even joking I felt someone on my arm pinning me down while hissing at my ear
>body temperature drops and my teeth start chattering
>broke free, questioned it and fell back to sleep
>>
>>27693156
G-get off m-my board, r-r-reeee?
>>
>>27692126
>tfw have had to sleep on stomach for years otherwise have paralytic episodes
>this causes something similar to scoliosis since lower body is flat but torso is angled up slightly
wew
there's just no winning
>>
When I was depressed I used to get these almost every night, most of the time it was at the exact moment of falling asleep.

Never got a witch, it was a silhouette of a man in a coat drenched with rain water, wearing those fishing hats. He didn't look pissed, it seemed like he was going about his job of coming into my room and making me feel his presence every night.

Do you get a full body spasm before you sleep when the sleep paralysis starts?
>>
>>27693088
Equinoxes/the opposite of equinoxes are times when this shit is (supposedly) very dangerous bc of that intersection and weakening of inter dimensional barrier stuff
if you believe in it
>>
Is this a type of paralysis?
> sleeping
> someone like mom call my name
> I hear my name being called and I talk back but no one is answering me
> hear mom get worried she's screaming at me to wake up
> am yelling back that I can hear her
> can't officially wake up until she shakes me
> be confused as fuck, she thinks I died
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>27693282
I never got full body spasms but I did tend to get a lot of leg twitching type things
My visitor was always a ghoul type thing, looked kind of like a skinwalker I guess?
>>
I had one last week. Fucking horrid nightmare.
Then wake up and get turned around by one that seemed to be leering at me.
Actually kind of cute in a creepy sort of way.
>>
>>27693321
Yeah, this kind of thing used to happen to me all the time, trying to talk but couldn't speak and all that while fully conscious but still asleep.
If the term fully conscious but still asleep makes any sense at all
>>
>>27693310
i wont doubt the possibility of a link or several links between the metaphysical paranormal and physical cosmic events.
>>
>>27691125
You are probably asking this because you have never experienced it, but as someone who has sleep paralysis about3 times a week I can tell you its not something you would ever like to induce

I've been like this since i was 5 and is not something you will ever get used to
>>
>>27693362
Yeah, I get it. I just don't know how to classify it, since paralysis is your brain waking up before your body usually, but I'm still in the dream, even though I'm aware I'm being called irl.
>>
I have had them semi-regularly for a long time. They are fucking awful and I mourn for anyone else who has to go through them.

>4 AM
>wake up suddenly from dead sleep
>fully conscious, thoughts and motions are controllable
>get a horrific uneasy feeling, as if something else is in the room
>choose not to look anywhere other than my phone, which is now on
>look to the side of the phone across the room
>see a large shadowy figure, probably 8 feet tall, transparent, sort of in human shape but like a crude paint drawing that fades to nothing on the edges
>it quickly floats from right to left around my bed
>i somehow am able to let out the weakest, most debilitating "Ah-AHHH" scream I have ever done

In previous times I have never been able to scream but I've always felt like I could move around, like bury my face in the pillow or ignore it. There have been a few times where I just put my face in the pillow and tried to make it go away, it eventually does. This most recent time has got me tweaked the fuck out because I'm not sure if this is sleep paralysis or schizophrenia setting in. I have many more examples if you guys want to hear them.
>>
I often end up getting raped in nightmares, so I started taking deleriants just to induce them.
>>
>>27693338
Skinwalker? I just learned what that is, pretty spooky to see that thing in reality.

I only saw my visitor in my dreams, but when I wake up I hear the door open (I live alone), I hear wet footsteps and I feel a presence (like an aura I feel getting closer to my upper spine). I want to tilt my head but I can't, all I see is the silhouette in my peripherals moving towards me.

I was depressed for a year, saw this almost every night. Stopped being scared, and tried to get into grimoires and demonology because I was retarded.
>>
>>27693391
With stuff being found out constantly about physics on the quantum scale, it wouldnt surprise me if a whole bunch of supernatural/paranormal shit is proven to be higher dimensional hijinks of some kind desu
Too bad we can't process higher dimensions in any way
>>
>>27693473
That wheeze that is the only sound you can make while in that state is the most terrifying thing of all imo
>>
>>27691125
Don't sleep for a couple days. Sleep on your back with one pillow.
>>
I'm going to get fedora tier responses but anyway my sleep paralysis and other bullshit stuff happening around my house stopped when I slept with a bible under my pillow. I got this shit and weird knocking around my house for years. Now nothing.
>>
>>27693473
Please do post. I've never been able to move during sleep paralysis myself.
>>
>>27693561
Better analogy I just thought of, the wendigo in until dawn but about the size of gollum
There were times when there were other things but I never really saw them or if I did, I don't remember them
>>
File: CUF3NwKWoAECeu0.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CUF3NwKWoAECeu0.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>27689872
>It's scientifically impossible that an actual monster witch is in my room right now
All fears are based in ignorance.
>>
>>27693629
>the wendigo in until dawn
what the fuck is that thing? how was your initial reaction to the first time seeing something unnatural sitting on your chest with physical features like that?
>>
>>27689872
In the hospital atm
Heard somebody whisper
"Who do you trust more, rats or crows"
Started sweating so hard the brd sheets got stuck to my back.
Cant move either since post OP
Pull myself up so hard a wound starts to bleed some
Stumble into the bathroom and just think how stupid the whole thing was
Go back to bed and try to fall asleep
>>
>>27693613
Hopefully this doesn't qualify as a fedora tier response, it's not intended as that but if you lived alone it's likely to have just been psychological reassurance type stuff
Sort of like a placebo effect I guess?
>>
>>27693615
>>27693596

>3 AM 2 years ago
>wake up in the dead of night
>scoot to end of bed and turn on computer
>sit on end of bed reaching across chair to operate keyboard and mouse
>browse something, white screen
>something seems wrong, lights seen under door from the bathroom aren't there
>a black dot appears on the door to my right less than 2 feet away
>look at it, it disappears
>go back to browsing
>dot appears again
>same thing
>look away for a second and it comes back
>repeat this about three times until the dot stays on the door
>it gets bigger and bigger and suddenly holy fucking shit there is something morphing through my fucking door oh my god
>a black, 2D matte figure like a paper cutout of a man comes through the door like the hole was a portal from another world
>i start scooting backwards onto my bed and it leaps towards my chest
>I black out and hear what I can only describe as the sound of falling through a doorway on the ground with hundreds of empty air pockets linearly placed along the sides of the "hallway", like a slotted hallway
>snap awake, cold sweat, computer is OFF, lights underneath door are there

This shit has stuck with me. What the fuck was the falling noise? What the fuck even was that? I did a lot of research into "shadow men" and am thoroughly fucking spooked. It was just a 2D shadowy figure. It looked totally flat without any eyes or discernible features.
>>
>>27693655
nigga you do you even know what delirium is?
>>
>>27693700
I wasn't saying that he was afraid because he was ignorant, I was congratulating him on overcoming his fear through scientific reasoning.
>>
>>27693088
That sounds more like astral projection to me.
>>
File: 1340320585678.jpg (72 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1340320585678.jpg
72 KB, 500x400
In all seriousness, what you experienced was a demon sometimes commonly called shadow people.

Why did it happen to you? Here are a few probable causes. I've had them too so I can at least try and give you an idea of why they appear.

First of all, drug use. We have this thing in the center of our brain physically called the pineal gland and spiritually called the third eye. This gland controls our sleep and wake cycles, it's also responsible for the secretion of DMT (a naturally occurring hallucingenic drug) during our dreams.

When you do drugs you forcefully open it. If you don't know what you're doing this makes you extremely susceptible to entities such as shadow people.

Second reason is you've been dabbling in things you shouldn't have. Reading esoteric texts, messing with ouija boards, trying to summon a succubus. These kinds of things can attract them into your life. Stop messing with the occult.

Thirdly is sin. You've let your thoughts be filled with depravity and indulged evil thinking. You might have done something evil in real life too. Indulging suicidal thoughts can be a part of this or thinking of wanting to kill somebody. The intention and condition of the heart can attract these nasties

Finally you're either about to or already have discovered that Jesus Christ is real, that there really is a heaven and a hell. That there really are demons and angels. That the Illuminati isn't a joke and that Satan really does control this world.
>>
>>27693088
>You should yell at the entity in a stern voice to leave.
GET ON OUTTA HERE
>>
>>27693789
Oh fuck off with your hippy Hindu bullshit, this was a comfy thread until you ruined it
>>
>>27693688
>>27693473

Also I have had numerous spooky experiences with stuff coming out of dark places out of vision.

>Closet has mysterious ethereal pitch black floating figure with a terrifying "presence" staring at me
>I look at it, I feel the presence sharpen and my spine starts tingling
>I watch it slowly get bigger and approach the bed (i just fucking shivered from the memory holy fuck please stop, just saw something move in my peripheral vision around my closet door because I'm sleep deprived right now)
>bury face in pillow
>presence leaves after crescendoing to a fever pitch cracklingly serious shiver down my spine

Also
>similar situation
>look towards bathroom hallway connected to room with a sliding door (different from previous story)
>get same uneasy presence
>see movement in the dark inside the bathroom
>something scares the shit out my internal endocrine fight or flight response somehow that makes me flip around in the bed and nope my way back to sleep

Fucking kill me
>>
>>27693282
>it seemed like he was going about his job of coming into my room and making me feel his presence every night
I can't believe I got assigned to anon, again. I'm so tired of that motherfucker, I can't even get into the zone.
>>
>>27693816
If you've ever heard of min min lights, I got a couple of things like those every night for about 2 years a few years ago
They always seemed either neutral or happy, idk it never seemed like they intended harm or anything
>>
I had it for years until it just went away.

>have super horrible sleep paralysis
>something always there
>a weight on the bed
>screaming at my face
>wake up, but really im sleeping again
>sleep paralysis again
>screaming and yelling and biting at me
>get up, too terrified to go back to sleep

That happened for a couple years until this happened.

>sleep paralysis
>not scared
>feeling very calm
>lady in white/silver outfit in my peripheral sitting on me, stroking my chest
>never have sleep paralysis again
>all i want is for her to come back to me
>>
File: Shadow people.png (58 KB, 314x236) Image search: [Google]
Shadow people.png
58 KB, 314x236
>>27693811

I don't advocate hinduism. I advocate christianity if you want these things to go away.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>27693885
Whoa. Dude, I think you got laid.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.