[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with the crippling depression and loneliness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15
File: 1441954813899.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1441954813899.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
How do you guys deal with the crippling depression and loneliness? I'm losing my fucking grip here
>>
The longer I live the more it seems like a suicide is the best option moving forward.
>>
>>27689771
>losing my fucking grip here

Get one, you gotta
>>
>>27689771

Generally, I don't.

Caffeine seems to turn down the effect a bit though.
>>
File: 1445649851064.jpg (139 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445649851064.jpg
139 KB, 1500x1500
>>27689771
It just keeps going and going and going and going

There is no respite lol
>>
>>27689771
accept it and keep moving
the instant you stop moving the river pulls you under
>>
>>27689771
I spend every waking hour keeping occupied.
It ain't workin desu senpai I'm gonna have to nut up and just go out solo to meet people.
Momentary anxiety and whatever consequences await me can't be worse than slowly cracking.
>>
File: 1457065793284.png (79 KB, 389x640) Image search: [Google]
1457065793284.png
79 KB, 389x640
I decided to drink a few beers it got so bad. At least i can temporarily for like an hour be halfway desenstized.
>>
Eating healthy helps. Well at least I think it does
>>
>>27689771

I work out a lot.

I also don't really get lonely, or if I do it doesn't seem to manifest as any sort of painful emotion. That's the benefit of being a sperg.

As for depression, well I got it but it doesn't get that bad thanks to exercise, keeping busy and this medication I take called trazadone.
>>
I play mmos, there I can pretend I'm not alone
>>
>>27690007
Trazadone helps you not be depressed?
>>
>>27690030
Any good mmos to play? Sometimes i play clash of clans or halo, but they both get old. I was recommended neverwinter, is that any good?
>>
Alcohol works pretty well, I think. Just be careful. It's great for anxiety and takes the edge off depression. Just don't drink if you're suicidal or there's a good chance you'll pull the trigger. It certainly helps with loneliness. You're more likely to meet someone, and less likely to care when things go sideways. Trust me, after a few drinks of a $200 dollar scotch, whatever bad shit you were feeling won't seem to matter. You don't have to go that expensive, but you get the idea.
>>
>>27689771
>>27689793
>>27689795
>>27689841
>>27689878
>>27689906
>>27689931
>>27689953
>>27690007
>>27690030
>>27690035
>>27690060
>>27690107

>>27689876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQiH3YO0VB0

We all deserve a brief respite. I spent countless hours listening to this song (and others like it) while daydreaming during my waking hours. It has become an addiction that has many times in my life consumed most of my time and mental health. Things are finally starting to look brighter in my life again, but for that to happen I need to apply myself and start doing instead of idealizing. I'm writing this to vent and to say to all of you that things can get better, even against awfully unjust odds. Every time something that resembles an opportunity appears, do your best to try and seize it.
>>
>>27690114
Tis a good song. Thanks man, im glad things are looking up for you. I remember i had that same daydreaming problem when i was younger too

>>27690107
>tfw no money and only have 8 beers left

It takes me chugging like 5 to feel anything
>>
>>27690114
You're probably right. I thought I was screwed after all that happened last year, but now it's like everything is back on track. I've worked out the money problems for the most part, the physical and mental scars I had are healing, and even though I thought romance was dead I just got a gf. Maybe I'm being delusional and it's just moments till the next disaster, but I'd say things are looking up. I think they can for most you guys as well. If an old dog like me gets another chance, you will too. You can't take back your mistakes, but you can try not to make the same ones twice. Here's hoping for the best.
>>
>>27690305
How old are you senpai? I can relate to a lot of that, I just dont see things getting any better
>>
>>27690191
I know that feel. I've been building up a tolerance too. I drank a 6 pack of Guiness and half a liter of whiskey in one night. I couldn't believe it. That is something to be aware of though. It's easy to lose track of your drinking. All things in moderation, though I'm hardly one to talk.
Even if you're broke, it's worth it to have the good stuff I'd say for special occasions or when you're feeling really down. Just set it away somewhere and don't chug it like you would the cheap stuff, even though you'll want to. I think everyone who likes a good drink should have that fine wine or scotch in reserve though. Just my opinion.
>>
>>27690390
I turned 30 a few months ago. That may not seem old, but that's ancient for the dating scene, and probably older than most of the people here. I have enough regrets for one lifetime, and mine will probably be very short. Still, I have a renewed sense of hope and I feel OK for the first time in quite awhile. All I can say is life is full of surprises, good and bad.
>>
>>27690060
for a free mmo its amazing imo. people bash on late game but I found it fun. Loved the holiday events, and had fun with the bantz. Talking about years ago, though.
>>
File: 1457314583733.jpg (148 KB, 1020x759) Image search: [Google]
1457314583733.jpg
148 KB, 1020x759
>>27689771

Escapism and caffeine.
>>
>>27690623
Neverwinter used to be amazing.
The foundry was the single best implemented idea i've ever seen in an mmo, most of the quests on it were legitimately a blast to play.

But recently the developers have realized it's dying and now they're just pulling every last bit of cash out of the game they can.

You literally have to pay real money to heal your characters injuries now.
>>
Dedicate your life to spiritual growth.

Try meditation and alternatively psychedelics though they're not everyones cup of tea.

Search the internet and dive into the world of the occult. Seriously not fucking with you here.

It's a will really change the way you look at existence.
>>
I don't know. Right now literally the only thing I do is drink and go to the gym, which still helps, but I can barely even both lurking 4chinz anymore let alone other forms of escapism.
>>
Make yourself feel better, evaluate what makes you so miserable ask it a couple times to yourself and you might even get the answer yourself. The biggest mistake is saying you're flawed, you are not flawed maybe you are according to society, your parents and other bullshit stuff but you're just like anyone else, you feel.
>>
File: 1459397085656.jpg (100 KB, 960x324) Image search: [Google]
1459397085656.jpg
100 KB, 960x324
I drink to the point where I sleep all day because apparently picking up weight lifting for a year and pursuing a PhD isn't good enough for women.
>>
>>27689771
i don't deal with it

i bury it and embrace escapism
>>
File: 1459748121240.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1459748121240.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>27689771
It amazes me how worthless piles of shit like you can just keep spewing out shitty threads like this everyday. Do you ever get tired of going to an online discussion board and complaining about how shitty your life is? Why do you insist on ruining our board? Tumblr exists so edgey autists like you can go and wallow in your depression. Just go over there and stop fucking our board up.
>>
File: 1430338244742.jpg (41 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1430338244742.jpg
41 KB, 420x420
I smoke weed, listen to music and play video games until I smoke enough that I lay down and pass out, then wake up and repeat. It only helps so much though.

I just need to kill myself already.
>>
>>27691997
This board was always shit.
>>
File: 1450419646604.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450419646604.png
12 KB, 645x773
>>27691997
who gives a heaving heck
>>
>>27691997
Please explain what a good /r9k/ thread is you fucking dick.
>>
File: 1395793475655.jpg (226 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1395793475655.jpg
226 KB, 1134x1001
>>27689771

At first, I was the kind of guy to tell you some shit to help you out, but after everything that I've gone through, I've realized that life just isn't fucking fair at this point.

After having lost one of my best friends on fucking New Years none the less, I try my best to fucking get due with classes even still, and my reward for it is fucking lung cancer even though I stopped smoking years ago because I wanted to stop relying on chemicals and shit to help me out.

Add on top of that that I can't get into a lot of jobs that I was considering up to this point because I inherited my grandfather's bad knee, because what I really don't need at this point is money or anything.

My family is constantly screaming at me again, yet even harsher because everytime I act even slightly annoyed, they go on a tangent about how I'm just like my mother when she was going through cancer treatment, even though I've never even fucking once fucked with people as bad as she did. The best part is that she's the one bitching at me too, despite the fact that she's no reason to be doing so.

It's a fucking grand life I'm living right now, alright. I didn't even have the chance to make myself a nice goddamn life back before whenever I was constantly abused and fucked around with emotionally by my mother when she was doing all the shit she could get away with because I trusted her, because everytime I even considered doing anything, I just didn't ever have the energy to try, because it wouldn't of helped.

I fucking paved through it, just barely, and immediately after everything, when I'm liable for finally being able to get away and actually be able to make my own decisions and get back confidence I lost so long ago, I get hit with all of this and end up right back where I fucking started.

I can't fucking handle it, anymore.

Just don't even bother, OP. It's good to just know when to throw in the towel.
>>
>>27692100
Literally anything but this shit. My problem isn't that you worthless neets post depression threads, if you didn't, I would have no one to laugh at, my problem is that our board is overrun with them.
>>
>>27692171
>literally anything but this shit
>race bait threads
>women hate
>normies die
This the quality content you've been coming to /r9k/ for?
>>
>>27689771
Doctors thinks I should try ECT

Seems fishy to me
>>
File: 1315773512574.gif (833 KB, 167x167) Image search: [Google]
1315773512574.gif
833 KB, 167x167
>>27691997
>>27692171
/r9k/ was always filled with depressed basement-dwelling NEETs, that's why moot tried to get rid of the place fuckstick
>>
>>27692171
what the fuck are you talking about, this whole board is trash and you are even worse than trash for believing you are above the trash
>>
>>27689771
Drugs are your friend.
>>
>>27692109
shieeet, cancer is fucked up, just like you, my life is a fucking joke, i start doing exercise? get hit by a car just when i start to build endurance, 3 months on bed, and tons of surgery, now my knee is useless. cant run no more, can barley take the stairs without being in pain, gained 30 pounds cuz cant exercise. started drinking heavily because of pain, and anxiety. now im duping in myself close to 25 beers per night. if i dont have beer its 1/2 to 2/3 of bottle of vodka or tequila. now i cant work as i used to, got fired. started smoking again cuz next thing i will know is that i have got cancer. like life is a fucking joke. i feel like some one is pointing at me right now and laughing his ass of.

pic unrelated.
>>
>>27689771
I replaced my depression with anger. I realized that the world is a cruel, uncaring, and merciless place and that the only way to come out ahead is to act the same way. I suppose it's better this way since I was doomed to die alone anyway.
>>
File: 1412553145572.png (45 KB, 858x334) Image search: [Google]
1412553145572.png
45 KB, 858x334
>>27692171

No one to laugh at? Because this board isn't as big of a joke as it is already.

Because all the other threads with literally nothing but post-ironica black people twitter speak that exists only to make fun of those people yet goes so overboard with it that they end up becoming the very people they make fun of plus bullshit cringey anime avatars that are nothing but moe blob cash-in pieces of shit that are obvious waifu bait for the fucking people who obsessed over buying merch is so much better.

Because talk about how /r9k/ focuses to the point of obsession about their insecurities and use it as bait itself in order for people to come in and preach about the same shit that they feel so bad about themselves, be it height or penis size, is way better than people trying to genuinely help each other out in a harsh time.

Because I really need to know, over and over again, that women are bitches to the highest caliber, as well as why some lower-case fucking retarded tripfag constantly obsesses about why he doesn't have friends, even though every attempt to rectify that will end up with him being the fucking biggest douche in the galaxy, and making every assumption in the world just to make you seem like you're worse off than he is, when it's practically the opposite.

Yep, that's some quality fucking content right there, dog.

Some good ass shit.
>>
I used to play video games everyday and watch shit on my trusty computer, it helped me not fall back into depression, I was even somewhat happy with my life. As long as I have enough stuff to keep myself entertained at home, I'm satisfied.

Except my computer broke beyond repair last summer and about a week later so did my TV. All I have is a smartphone and a psp now, I am way too broke to afford getting anything back and I've been feeling like shit ever since. I'm too much of a sperg to work but not enough to get spergbux.
Every day feels the same since August, I've never felt so empty before.
>>
File: 1392693738483.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1392693738483.png
646 KB, 800x900
>>27689771
I picked up drawing and replaced the anxieties of loneliness with anxieties of failure
>>
>>27692171
Nice bait nigga, keep it up.
>>
File: 1453636919831.jpg (1 MB, 847x1059) Image search: [Google]
1453636919831.jpg
1 MB, 847x1059
OP back, i couldnt even down my third beer prolly because my body is fucked up from drugs, i feel better nonethless because of you guys. I want to say thank you guys for the quality content itt and for defending me. Idk what i would have done without you guys and this place. I know i may start a lot of shit threads, hell even I wish i could put some more thought in the OP, but I cant even bring myself to be able to coherently put my thoughts down about my situation anymore, its been that bad. I hope everyone of you reads this, because you are loved and you are appreciated.
>>
>>27693102
I live in a constant state of fear that I won't graduate on time, life is terrifying.

Running out of free-ride money famalam
>>
This sounds corny as hell but honestly I think music is the only thing keeping me sane. Whenever i start getting a lot of suicidal thoughts i find that it helps to just put my headphones in and go for a drive or walk and listen to whole albums at once. Mellows me out. Especially at night. Alcohol and cigarettes help a lot too obviously.
>>
drugs and alcohol do it for me
>>
>>27693162
A little bit of debt never killed no money. In a lot of ways you're lucky, a lot of people don't get that kind of free money. I'm 24, got like 1 year of college under my belt and still thinking of going back to school, probably with 0 scholarships. My goose is cooked famalam, your goose? Not so much, you can still make it and I hope that you do.
>>
Anti depressants helped me alot. I know some anons have mixed experiences with them but I think everyone should try at the discretion of their doctors.
>>
>>27689841
you might adhd then

stimulants increase the amount of dopamine in the brian
>>
>>27689771
>How do you guys deal
i drink a lot, and watch anime that makes me sad when I'm drunk. I also find places where I can go for solitude, like little-used nature trails and suchforth.
That's about it.
>>
>>27690030
I play mmo's aswell but recently it does nothing to help. It used to help me deal with life and help me escape from reality but now it just reminds me im pathetic and lonely.
>>
>>27693782

The whole "lol not working for you ya might have ADHD then!" is a total fucking myth stop posting about that shit.
>>
>>27689771
That is my secret, I don't.
>>
You don't. It deals with you.
>>
>>27689771
Try to do stuff.
Like i like to read about stocks , soon will try it out live. Been training at home pull up bar i b9ught for 9 euros. Goal is to train like gymnast.
Yave a own appartment but Neet /government support. Been investigation how tolive cheap and stuff.

Just doing those things takes my head away of loneliness Status.
>>
>>27690526
32 here , stuck as neet and will die virgin too.
>>
Sleep feels like ascending into heaven
>>
I get into habits. It's really helped my depression. I've often felt like I "never knew what to do." Like I used to feel excited to play vidya but that stopped a few years ago. Now I just do it out of habit.

But the depression part got better when I started applying. It takes 21 days to get into a habit. I smoked weed for 21 days straight and basically haven't stopped. Drank for 21 days straight and felt like drinking on the 22nd pretty bad. But then I did good things. I used acne cream 3 times a day for 21 days and my face looks great. I shaved against the grain 21 days and it doesn't cut anymore, my face feels tougher. I exercised on the treadmil for 21 days and I sweat about 1/3 as when I started, and feel bad for avoiding exercise every day. I tracked my fitness on a smartwatch for 21 days and my food intake on myfitnesspal app. Now I've lost 32 lbs.

The truth is that there's no goal to live so you feel hopeless. You have to start doing small stuff and get your mind doing one simple thing: feeling productive. It cures depression. Just do something. Make something. Improve something. Clean! Learn something.

21 days is the key. It's 3 weeks of hell and then you feel like you can't live without it.

Do something new every 21 days. Go walk outside for a minute for 21 days. I promise you you'll walk a mile in public by the end of it if you truly forced yourself to go out and walk down the street for one minute.
>>
>>27695843
and by tracking my fitness and lost 32 lbs, it just started from the 21 days. but i think when I started I dropped 10 pretty quickly, the rest took time. but the point was i felt bad skipping exercise and kept up the weight loss.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.