[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cutting is a meme just like nofap how the fuck is cutting yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: cutting.jpg (10 KB, 236x237) Image search: [Google]
cutting.jpg
10 KB, 236x237
cutting is a meme just like nofap
how the fuck is cutting yourself supposed to make you feel better?
cutting literally serves one purpose, and one purpose only:
to get attention.
>>
It's a rush, it kills boredom, it creates a feeling when there is lonely, it's a quick way of producing aestheticly pleasing blood. Plenty of people cut you just don't know because they cut the top of their thighs.
>>
>>27687619
>when there is lonely
Lol, when there is none I meant
>>
releases endorphins
>>
>>27687619
>producing aesthetically pleasing blood
what
stop trying to rationalize these idiots, they are trying to get attention because they are too stupid/unstable to get it any other way

>>27687514
>to get attention.
you hit the nail on the head OP, these people are too stupid to survive and should be encouraged to cut until they are happy
>>
>>27687653
[citation needed]

stupid fucking robot this is an original comment
>>
>>27687514
When my cuts are healing, it feels like my body loves me.
>>
File: birthday_1.jpg (129 KB, 850x1079) Image search: [Google]
birthday_1.jpg
129 KB, 850x1079
>>27687777

next quads coming up, see them first here
>>
>>27687742
>implying you can feel when your cuts heal
bullshit
>>
>>27687697
Like I said, I and plenty of others cut in places no one ever see's, it isn't for attention.
>>
>>27687773
>posting about how much you cut to get some human interaction
>not for attention
>>
endorphins
>>
>be me in middleschool
>i fell for the cutting meme
it doesent do shit and just like op said its just for attention
>>
>>27687796
>On an anonymous image board where no one knows who I am
>You are posting for interaction as well
Good logic son
>>
>>27687806
see
>>27687714

where do you people get this "information" from?
>>
>assmad robots assmad at cutlords because chicks dig cutting scars
>>
I used to cut myself when I was 18. It was partly to get attention, but also made me feel better.
Later, I stopped doing it regularly, but still burned myself occasionally, but only in places that can't be noticed.
>>
>>27687863
Having cut and knowing how much of a rush it is.
>>
>>27687900
so because you used to cut, you're now a scientist who knows what chemical reactions are going on in your mind when you cut yourself?
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 766x960
Better than cutting yours balls open.
>>
>>27687514
Am I really fucked up if I feel compelled to lick up that blood?

It just looks so colorful and wet, and I like the metallic taste.
>>
>>27687927
Oh bore off
>>
>>27687978

You're giving me nightmares
>>
>>27687870
>chicks dig cutting scars
you must be very poor and stupid, i bet you smoke because "chicks dig smoking guys"

do you honestly think the girls who dig cutting scars are right in the head? do you think they are good girls to be around

>>27688040
he is right tho, just because you were stupid enough to cut doesnt mean you know shit about what happens. you arent a doctor or medical researcher, dont go throwing around big boy words like endorphins while being a 20 something who still lives with his parents and cuts for the feeling

for all you know its a placebo

be honest, if you never heard of cutting feeling good or some shit before, would you have started? no obviously not
>>
>>27687514
>>27687619
the fainting game (first post in http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t85176-thumb-blow-game-fainting-game/ come with a ***TRIGGER*** WARNING too...) is TONS better, i'd deffo recommend it over cutting for a quick euphoric trip to cure some boredom...
hell just hold your breath for 90 seconds, and you'll avoid risks of fucking your life over permanently
>>
>>27688096
>do you honestly think the girls who dig cutting scars are right in the head?
No, and that's why I like them. I like a little adventure in my life. Sue me.

>do you think they are good girls to be around
I don't want a good girl, I want a bad bitch ;)
>>
>>27687514
its an expressoin of self-hate, just like biting your nails or having permanent suicide thoughts
>>
I 100% agree if you mean slitting wrists and thighs and other shit like that.

However, when I was 14 or so I would cut one of my knuckles a lot because I thought it was interesting and it gave me a huge rush. Nobody knew about it because my knuckles were always all roughed up anyway from various other things.

Anybody else do anything like this?
>>
>>27688228
So how are thighs different if no one can see them?
>>
File: IMG_20160406_122038.png (818 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_122038.png
818 KB, 640x640
>tfw think cut scars are really cute and attractive
>>
>>27687714
>>27687863
it's common knowledge, if you passed junior high biology class, that the human body releases endorphins when in pain or under stress. endorphins are a natural pain reliever and the rush of a release of endorphins feels especially good because the human brain/body can adapt to minimize self-inflicted pain in some people, especially those with borderline personality disorder or depression.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55001

https://aeon.co/essays/how-self-harm-provokes-the-brain-into-feeling-better

http://www.ahcmedia.com/articles/63579-the-difficult-chronic-pain-patient-a-case-of-borderline-personality-disorder

I can't believe you're such a fucking retard that you don't know basic fucking biology.
>>
>>27688319
This basically. You become addicted to your natural pain killers. It's also why BDSM can feel amazing and a good Dom knows how to build up the pain so you're getting that maximum rush without a huge amount of shocking pain.
>>
>>27687514
Your a fucking close minded fool. Untill you've done it, and I mean consistently don't preach at me what you "think" cutting helps you fucking pussy bitch. You don't have the balls too gash youre body fucking tool is what you are. Shut the fuck up with your normie ass shit. Come back when you are versed In the subject nigger.
>>
>>27687978
Likewise good taste sir. These faggots who are opposed are too pussy too try themselves.
>>
>>27687514
Some people's brain's just get out of control and they have to cut themselves to allow them to focus on that instead of having their brain spiral into negative hurricanes that overwhelm them.
>>
>>27687514
If you cut it just means you hate having a body
But you're too pussy to actually destroy yourself
Or afraid of the social/existential repercussions of true mutilation

So you settle for superficial shit

The attention bit is true as well but not in the way you think it is
It isn't a call for pity, or for people to be concerned about you
But you are wearing a symbol of whatever it is you're feeling, and that is pointless unless you want at least yourself to see it (and maybe others)
>>
>>27687514
deriding cutters looks to be an effective way of making roasties butthurt
perhaps in that respect cutting serves another even greater purpose
>>
>>27688650
Maybe people cut for different reasons?
>>
>>27687514
Not for attention, I do it in places where nobody would see.

To me it's self punishment for fucking something up. I realized that it probably stemmed from my parents strictly disciplining me as a child. Did something wrong? Backhand. Without pain I feel like I'm getting away with it
>>
>>27688699
I myself cut for different reasons at different times.

sometimes I'm in so much mental pain that the physical pain helps distract and calm me, and helps me get my head back on straight enough that I can go to sleep and sleep it off.

other times I hate myself so intensely that I feel like I should punish myself in some way, and so for that, I cut.
>>
>>27688780
My sentiments exactly, this guy gets it.
>>
>>27687514
"Cutting releases endorphins. Endorphins relieve pain." That's what they said on House so I believe it.
>>
My whole left forearm is all fucked up since like 6 months ago because I used to abuse benzodiazepines and alcohol and every time I did I'd cut myself or try to an hero. Weird shit. Real deep cuts too, thick ones that'd be down to muscle. I'm off the benzos and only drink once in a while at the moment. Now I'm stuck with these horrible fucking scars.
>>
>>27688101
No, do not do that either. Just masturbate you dumb teenagers.
>>
>>27687514
People cut for a variety of different reasons

I just do it because I enjoy the pain which is why I use a serrated knife and drag it along my skin and as someone who's agitated constantly pain is a nice escape.

I do it on my arms because I'm anal about symmetry and scars on anywhere else really fuck with my head. It's also a place that's quite hard and easy to cut.

Obviously I look like an attention whore if I ever go out with a t-shirt but whatever.
>>
>>27687514
True. Other attention seeking behaviors:
-posting on 4chan
-making jokes
-thinking you have the pretend mental illness called depression
>>
>>27688491
Here is the reply you so desperately wanted.
>>
>>27689415
wow you sure did pwn OP
>>
I don't get it. If you hate life just smoke weed all the time.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.