[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your interests, /r9k/? >tfw no qt who would love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: bonaparte.jpg (74 KB, 306x437) Image search: [Google]
bonaparte.jpg
74 KB, 306x437
What are your interests, /r9k/?

>tfw no qt who would love to sit and hear me sperg out about the Napoleonic Wars and French Revolution
>>
Philosophy, Literature, Metal, Guitar, Drinking, and Pleb-tier Anime

inb4 someone calls me a fedora lord
>>
I know lots about 50s and 60s garage music, proto-punk, and punk music (though I don't care much for any of its modern iterations except for stuff like Death Grips, but that's more punk ethos than actual punk)

My main interest in life is film. I try to watch a new one every day. I am mainly into so called "genre" or "exploitation" films, from 50s sci fi to the Italian splatter movies of the 80s. I know a lot about what most would consider fairly obscure genres.

I actually went on a date last week with a girl who studies film at uni. I tried talking with her about movies but she said she only likes capeshit and Pixar. She didn't even know who Dario Argento was.
>>
>>27687512
>I tried talking with her about movies but she said she only likes capeshit and Pixar.

Your date confirmed subhuman.
>>
>>27687512
Sweet anon.

Can you direct to directors who explore existential themes?

Are you studying film?
>>
Continental philosophy, mysticism, crying a lot and cooking.
>>
>>27687565

What's your favorite dish?
>>
Vidya, Marxist philosophy, international relations and language learning
>>
File: 1459398077497.jpg (288 KB, 900x1330) Image search: [Google]
1459398077497.jpg
288 KB, 900x1330
Pretty much just video games. Playing them and making them. Women who play video games are disgusting whores who don't know shit about vidya anyway. And the devs are even worse
>>
>>27687374
do all robot manlets obsess over napoleon?
>>
>>27687610
Anything involving eggs or steak. Maybe pho and tres leches. What about you?
>>
>tfw girl who is interested in the Napoleonic Wars
>specifically more about social and economic stuff that happened afterwards
>have a collection of albums of folk music performed by British troops during the era
>mostly shit about MUH NELSON
>just downloaded the 1970s Waterloo
>literally just wrote an essay peripherally related to the Napoleonic Wars for a bird course I'm taking

Dude, most people like history and are willing to sit and listen if you're (1) accessible to their level of understanding, (2) not judgemental about what they don't know, even if it's rudimentary stuff like Napoleon was French (inb4 buttblasted Corsicafags), (3) make your enthusiasm clear and thus contagious.

As for my interests, see ^^^
>>
>>27687665
Nicee. I'm gonna learn to cook when I move out the end of this year

Steak is based as fuck; although, when I cook it I always fuck up
>>
>>27687664
Might just be me.

I guess I like him because in his youth he was an awkward sperg with no friends who lost his virginity to a prostitute. But he became the most powerful man in the world, the de facto Emperor of Europe and the oldest, most powerful monarchies on the continent were terrified of him.
>>
>>27687741
I think the best way is to only use olive oil, salt and pepper. Let the meat sit like that for a while in the fridge. Grill it, look up directions for how long based on the thickness of the meat. Add butter after you are done and let it sit for five minutes under tin foil.

I don't recommend any seasoning aside from salt and pepper.
>>
>>27687712
Nah he was Corsican, even I know that. He wanted desperately to be known as French.
>>
>>27687791
Fun fact; he was a Corsican nationalist during his youth and hated the French. Though obviously that had changed by a few years later.
>>
>>27687783
Thanks.

bloxbloxblox
>>
>>27687830
Good luck on your cooking adventure.
>>
>>27687712
I should learn more about history on the ground during that period. I mostly read the political/military stuff.

Napoleonic era military music is pretty high tier though.

>Boney was a warrior, away-ay-yah
>a warrior, a terrier, Jean Francois
>>
>>27687529
I don't know why I was expecting more from an 18 year old tumblr user

>>27687551
Sure, I'll see what I can do.

A really overlooked William Friedkin film called To Live and Die in LA is probably the most existential action film I've ever seen. Lucio Fulci has some really existential films, like 4 of the Apocalypse and The Beyond. Some of Roger Corman's early output is surprisingly good, with intelligent scripts and really subtle themes, I recommend It Conquered the World and The Beast with a Million Eyes.

I'm sure you already know like all of Kubrick, David Lynch, Ingmar Bergeman, etc. is heavily existential.

Brazil by Terry Gilliam is really good, as is 12 Monkeys.

Sorry if that's not very helpful.

And actually I study playwriting, though I am only a part time student and am dropping out soon though I should be graduating next month.
>>
>>27687890
It's the inverse for me. I only know general stuff about the war itself, like major battle names, but my knowledge is limited to broad strokes.

I think it's because my interest in the Napoleonic Wars STARTED through music and reading books that happened to be set or written during the same time.
>ex. Lord Byron's ode to Napoleon, etc.

OF ALL THE BRAVE BIRDS THAT EVER I SEE
THE OWL'S THE FAIREST IN HER DEGREE
>>
>>27687966
Awesome. I've actually only heard of Kubrick on that list so thanks for helping me.

I hope I'll find these online somewhere
>>
Motorcycles. I self taught myself how to take apart and build them and that is how I make my money now. I can get parts to make a Honda Rebel chopper for about 5k then sell it for 9k.
>>
>>27688330
That's cool.

I taught myself how to play guitar--I should capitalize on that even though Ill make little money as a teacher.

Autodidactism is for patricians
>>
File: saig1.jpg (579 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
saig1.jpg
579 KB, 2000x1333
>looking at and sharing cyb pics of asian cities
>politics
>geopolitics
>global development
>technology
>future tech
space is also pretty interesting too
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.