[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is exactly a "robot"? What defines you as one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1397688127194.jpg (25 KB, 383x455) Image search: [Google]
1397688127194.jpg
25 KB, 383x455
What is exactly a "robot"?
What defines you as one?
>>
it's a meme. a robot is anybody who actively posts here for any period of time.
>>
>>27686955
a very limiting and censoring hyper-self-awareness
>>
>>27686955
here are the requirements to be a robot

>must browse /r9k/
>cant be a women by any means
>virgin
>below 6'2 or higher than 6'6
>no more than 5 close friends
>cant socialize easily or chooses not to

these is pretty much it just dont be a normie
>>
Nothing. It's a meme that was taken seriously by newfags who found r9k during the feels era of 2011-2012 and started to perpetuate it as if it was an actual thing. Colloquially these newfags use it to refer to a kind of 'social misfit', but originally Robot was just the r9k version of /mu/tant, /v/irgin, fa/tg/uy, /sp/artan, etc...
>>
>>27686955
"Robot" is what people here started calling themselves after the board got nuked around 2010, I think it was.
>>27687095
>originally Robot was just the r9k version of /mu/tant, /v/irgin, fa/tg/uy, /sp/artan
No, originally it was gentlemen, arcanines, or lu/r9k/ers.
>>
>>27687095
Better than the newfags who found /r9k/ in 2015 and made cancer like tendies and good boy points.
>>
>>27687087
>5 close friends
what are you some kind of rock star
>>
>>27687122
>No, originally it was gentlemen, arcanines, or lu/r9k/ers.

"Gentlemen" was just the old r9k version of 'senpai' except never as popular. It was never used as a word to describe r9k users as a group. Arcanine was almost always used in the singular form to describe the board itself, not the users and lu/r9k/ers.never had much traction at any point in board history.

All those others may have been used to some degree, but "robot" was always the most popular & common form.
>>
>>27687002
>>27686955
This man has the main point right here.

I like this board because it seems that r9k but most 4chan boards as a whole are populated by overly self-aware people.

This will usually cripple a person until they learn to focus outside of themselves. I think most robots actually pick up on social cues better than normies and that's why they fuck themselves up so hard.

They read the situation too well, and understanding of it cripples them.

Once you hit rock bottom and bounce back without shame, that will be an asset.
>>
>>27687256
Bullshit, nigger. I was here in 2008, and there was only one robot. It was THE robot.
>>
>>27687920
So was I.

"Robot" as vernacular for r9k users was around in the first year of the board's creations, though it didn't enjoy the kind of monopoly status it does now.
>>
>>27686955
guys who appreciate the anonymous discussion nature, provide interesting content, and don't use the board for reddit/facebook/tumblr-tier attention whoring and faggotry. You don't have to be a hideous virgin recluse but they go hand in hand
>>
>>27687087
>higher than 6'6
No.
Fuck you.
>>27686955
Kissless
Handholdless
Virgin
Male
Never had a girl show interest
Never had a romantic relationship
No female friends
No more than 10 lifetime male friends
Not white
>>
>>27687194

This

Even one friend is pushing it.
>>
>>27686955
I'm the only true robot

Nobody else is one
>>
I personally believe that you do not hold the title robot until you kill yourself, the anon that overdosed on pills and alcohol for instance.
>>
File: owl happy.png (182 KB, 352x262) Image search: [Google]
owl happy.png
182 KB, 352x262
Who /owl/ here?
not me, I wish i had friends even if they treated me like shit
>>
why does there have to be criteria for being a robot
>>
>>27688798
To keep normies like you out of this board.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27688147
This to be quite honest

Except whites can be robots too
>>
File: 1458783443505.jpg (111 KB, 762x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458783443505.jpg
111 KB, 762x1024
>>27686955
Young (16-35) males who have failed to fully integrate into general society, lacking meaningful relationships.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.