[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>told my psychologist about the delusions and paranoia and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1451628685517.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1451628685517.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
>told my psychologist about the delusions and paranoia and voices
>immediately scheduled a meeting with a psychiatrist for tomorrow
>>
>tfw meds are a meme.

They don't work when your life is fucked up.
>>
>>27686465
Almost everyone recognizes hearing voices as a sure sign of mental illness
>>
Get on Latuda. You'll thank me later.
>>
>my psychiatrist is an attractive female
>tell her she can't understand my feelings of isolation because of this
>she flips shit and throws me out of the office for "judging" her based on looks

i am so confused. why the fuck did she lose it?
>>
>>27686491
>>27686510
I don't know if it's schitzophrenia, but it may be on it's spectrum.

My voices are internal and I feel like that come from something else that's living inside my body.
>>
>>27686465
remember son, at the end of the day them niggas just out to get that paper. if you really desperate and you got not other hope try the meds but make sure they don't take advantage of you.
>>
>>27686465
I wish I had voices in my head to talk to.
>>
>>27686530
She's a roastie.

Alternatively, females experiences isolation very differently from males and can feel complete shut off from the rest of the world all while surrounded by their so called "friends".

That said if your psychiatrist is acting like she can relate to you don't be afraid to challenge her on it. However no decent psychiatrist would ever let their emotions ger in the way of their job, throwing you out was very unprofessional and I'd bring up a complaint.
>>
>>27686530
So are you going to beg for her forgiveness or give up on therapy?
>>
>>27686742
Anon should just find a new therapist. She's clearly shitty from the description.
>>
>>27686742
I honestly don't know. We used to get along fine but she legit lost her shit on me. Would be hard to trust again. She blamed my loneliness completely on me and got pissed I said something about her looks
>>
>>27686930
Clearly you struck a nerve and she projected her own insecurities onto you. like I said, find a better therapist.
>>
>>27686530
You should see a therapist with at least a doctorate, next time.
Roasties can't into minds
>>
>>27686530
Psychiatrists are all fucked up. Thats why they get into the profession. My flatmate studying psychology is riddled with insecurities and has changed her sexuality three times in two years.
>>
>>27687133
Yeah man, that's why psychology is full of shit. OP is perfectly fine.
>>
>>27686804
This desu. A lot of therapists are absolute trash and go into it because of their own problems. Find someone who works for you. It took me 4 before I found a good one for me.
>>
>>27686465

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you're seeing someone with a medical degree now instead of some retard whose knowledge of science and mathematics barely extends past stats 101.
>>
>>27687133
>>27687286

It was really weird too. At first she told me about all the guys she slept with when she was my age, and then attacked me for being shy. I don't know if she was ashamed or what. Strange fucking experience overall
>>
>>27687383
Yeh fuck her dude, she's not fit to be treating you or anyone for that matter. Bringing your own experiences Into it as a therapist is one of the worst things because it can isolate the patient.
>>
File: 1459334070027.gif (29 KB, 846x800) Image search: [Google]
1459334070027.gif
29 KB, 846x800
Bipolar Type I here, on Latuda and Depakote. Meds have seriously improved my quality of life.

>My voices are internal and I feel like that come from something else that's living inside my body.

Yep, I get this. You don't hear the voices as if they were actually in the room, right? Apparently that means that it's basically your subconscious clashing with your psyche, at least from what I can gather because my psychiatrist told me drugs couldn't make internal voices go away and that I needed therapy and ever since I started going to therapy regularly the frequency of these symptoms has decreased dramatically.

It gets better.
>>
File: 1454911321158.jpg (301 KB, 690x800) Image search: [Google]
1454911321158.jpg
301 KB, 690x800
>>27686465
>>27686530
>decide to go to psychiatrist after moving for an internship for severe, often suicidal mood swings
>no insurance, so go to a state clinic, most other patients look homeless
>psychiatrist is a middle-aged woman, really talkative and inquisitive, though I am pretty fucked up
>Eventually starts scheduling my appointments at the end of the day, she ends up taking up to two hours with her picking my brain about various topics
>Final appointment, she tells me I remind her of her first husband, and she especially likes interrogating weird engineers

I don't know, it was a state clinic, so it was mostly really the really poor, homeless, and addicted. Maybe I was just different? I always had to explain that my wage was only temporary when I paid.

Having someone really interested in your psychology, thoughts, and emotions is a feeling that is unmatched. That really helped me through shit for a while. Shame most visits to psychiatrists are just med checks.
>>
Does no one here get offered cbt when they first start therapy? It's a pretty effective treatment yet all I see is therapists doing a piss poor job of trying to read a person.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.