[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Exploration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Urbex2013.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Urbex2013.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
Hey fellow robots! I made this thread yesterday and it was pretty popular. So drop in, share a story or pic and if you're close to the 44077 area and want to explore with us, leave an email!

I also saw quite a few people that were urbex virgins that wanted to start doing it but weren't sure how to. That got me thinking. My friend and I have been pursuing this hobby since we were around 11 years old. We are 22 now and still going strong! We talked it over and we decided that we want a solid crew of likeminded people to urban explore with us.

We know of dozens and dozens of places that we have explored already and hundreds more that we haven't! So to get this rolling, we are looking for people 18+ (Most of our treks take place in the middle of the night and the last thing we need is someone underage getting busted for curfew.) You have to be in shape. We are not looking for 300 pound spergs. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, it's just that we hike for miles and miles in pretty rough terrain to get where we are going and I know overweight people probably can't do that. Another must is that you know the risks or urban exploration.

Methheads/cops/getting hurt on site/tresspassing are some of the dangers. I personally have never had issue with any police and have never seen any homeless people/methheads on site.

We are located in the 44077 area of Painesville, Ohio and do most of our exploration within 80 miles with some exceptions. So if you really want to start urban exploring and you fit the criteria and live close, please fill this out.

>Age
>Area code
>Email address (throwaways are fine, I just need to be able to contact you.

And that's it! Urban exploration is one of the best hobbies out there for the modern day explorer. You get to go to places that haven't had human contact in a long time. You learn some history about the places you go. I really look forward to hearing from you guys! Hopefully we can get a r9k urbex group going!
>>
File: IMG_20160402_023502.jpg (98 KB, 720x397) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_023502.jpg
98 KB, 720x397
I'm from Georgia and I'm always down for urbex, I do videos on it. Contact me on Skype, it's my namefag.
>>
>>27681907
Will do. Got a Youtube channel?
>>
>>27682019
Yes, I do a series called 'Explore' where I go and venture around weird places. It's kind of new and a little autistic but a few robots like that I make them and consider them /comfy/, so u will do anything to keep em up.

I do not like to shill, but since you asked I'll link.
https://youtu.be/3bPrNLz-kAU

Skip to the bridge, maybe 3 mins in if you want to cut out the silliness/character
>>
File: photo_1456087901033.jpg (902 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
photo_1456087901033.jpg
902 KB, 1456x2592
>>27682097
I* will do anything, not 'u'

I'm on mobile oops.

Here's a pic of an old abandoned toilet I found in the inner city.
>>
>>27682097
Ahh I know you. I've seen your vids linked around before
>>
i dont quite understand what this is. do ou just go around to abandoned buildings and stuff? how do you find places to go to? sounds like its pretty fun, but i kind of live in hicksville and theres not a whole lot of city landscape to explore.
>>
>>27682208
>i dont quite understand what this is. do ou just go around to abandoned buildings and stuff? how do you find places to go to? sounds like its pretty fun, but i kind of live in hicksville and theres not a whole lot of city landscape to explore.

Hicksville generally produces some good decay. Surely there's some really old shit down brick buildings around, maybe old farms that are abandoned. Down in GA it's similar, you just have to be creative.
>>
>>27682208
Mostly. I go to pretty much any abandoned place I can find. I research it online, set up a trail cam and come back a week later to retrieve it. I review it and find if there are any patrols or anything shady happening there. As for finding places to go, I go to the library and get books on old historic places near my location. Then there are websites that list a lot of safe locations for urbex to explore. I lived in a hicktown for a while myself. Follow train tracks/look for abandoned farms. If youn are willing to drive, you could find some amazing places. When I have to drive a few hours away for a location, I just set up camp for a few days.
>>
Anyone know of any asylums in southern Florida?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.