[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like my puppy's paws, /r9k/? I figured you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: paws.jpg (423 KB, 1306x979) Image search: [Google]
paws.jpg
423 KB, 1306x979
Do you like my puppy's paws, /r9k/?

I figured you guys would like this. Cute, right?
>>
what dog?
>>
>>27679591

Looks like a choco lab.
>>
>>27679586
Those are some cute paws anon

Make sure you handle his paws a lot and train him to love having his nails clipped/dremmeled. You'll thank yourself when he's big. Kikopup on youtube has some good videos on this.
>>
>>27679586
There's nothing cute about a dogs paws. Go shill your childish pet propaganda elsewhere. Why do you have to use stupid language like cute and puppy? Is it to affect an innocent carefree attitude?

I hope your shitty dog gets run over in front of you.
>>
owning a German shepherd is literally my only life goal. one day il live in a place fit for one, this one room apartment wont do
>>
>>27679744
>his only goal is owning shitty dog
Someone fell for the pet meme hard, kill yourself you pathetic waste of space.
>>
File: holy shit anons home.jpg (309 KB, 978x1301) Image search: [Google]
holy shit anons home.jpg
309 KB, 978x1301
>>27679634
Don't worry anon, she's already a 70 lb behemoth and well used to having her paws handled.

>>27679707
My puppy loves you too, shitposter-kun.
>>
>>27679792
dead people cant own German shepherds you silly, also, why do you care about a stranger on an anonymous image boards taste in dogs?
>>
>>27679812
>everyone look at my dog! I'm making pointless thread about my waste of space animal because I need attention!
Dog fags are scum of the earth, we'd be better off if you all shot your shitty dogs then turned the gun on yourself.

>>27679887
You're contributing to the cancer that is pet culture and dog ownership. You don't even know why you've been indoctrinated to desire your stupid little dog and now you've pinned your hopes on dumb animal that it will somehow improve your life. Grow up.
>>
furry propaganda
get out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
osx doenst allow me to hold e lol
>>
>>27679936
>Dog fags are scum of the earth
I found the sociopath, you'd do well to take a dive off of a skyscraper.
>>
Cute doggy friendo :3
>>
>>27679986
dogs don't have the socio part so sociopath is not applicable
>>
>>27679953
Type "defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false" in terminal.

>>27679986
>sociopath
Nice meme dumb ass. It's simply rational to dislike dogs and their shitty owners. In the steaming shit pile that is pet owners you come out as some of the worst. You are the most narcissistic and selfish people as well as being maladjusted emotional children.
>He doesn't like my pupper, he must be a sociopath!!!!
Meanwhile you go home and eat hamburger you fucking hypocrite. I wish I could beat your dog to death in front of you.
>>
>>27680057
thanks for the os x tip m8
>>
File: 1457836077307.jpg (145 KB, 599x904) Image search: [Google]
1457836077307.jpg
145 KB, 599x904
>>27679586
that's pretty cool i guess but can you do this?
pic related it's me
bet you can't
>>
>>27679936
>Dog fags are scum of the earth

You realise that dogs were the first domesticated animal and have been companions to humans for like 20,000 years?

In fact, many theories suggest that it was our alliance with dogs that helped us out compete neanderthals, as they hunted dogs for food while we utilized them to help us hunt and fight
>>
>>27680261
therefore this means that the dogs are the least evolved domesticated animals
>>
>>27680261
The use of dogs in history and people's relationship to them is completely removed from how they are treated now. They weren't dressing the dogs around the camp up in knitted sweaters and posting photos on cavebook hoping for likes.
>inb4 muh hunting
A small minority of dogs used in recreational activity by few people.
>>
>>27680305
No, it doesn't. It means that dogs have gone through tens of thousands of years of selective breeding to make them as useful to us as possible, whether as companions, guards or for other services.
>>
>>27680345
>They weren't dressing the dogs around the camp up in knitted sweaters and posting photos on cavebook hoping for likes.

I'm by no means defending that, I find it disgusting that people are allowed to breed dogs that are so small/wrinkly/long/whatever that they develop serious health issues, there is definitely an issue today with people breeding dogs purely for looks. But that doesn't change the fact that a lot of breeds of dog are, nowadays, bred simply to be companions. (although the vast majority of dogs outside of the first world are still working dogs)
>>
>>27680358
And yet the vast majority of pet dogs are fucking useless.
>>
>>27680433
Cavemen dogs weren't fucking companions that did nothing else.
The pet dog now is useless. People who's dog is their companion are overly attached to their animal and delude themselves into believing it's their friend.
>>
>>27680444
again, I completely agree that the trend of lapdogs and breeding dogs to the point of serious health issues for the sake of size and aesthetics is terrible, but that hardly tarnishes the history and current use that dogs have involved with humans (not to mention that the entire concept of a "dog" wouldn't exist without humans, they don't exist in the wild)
>>
>>27680497
>The pet dog now is useless.

Well most large breeds offer a modicum of safety, and if it's trained at all then many breeds can work as effective guard dogs for a house or some such. Not to mention the fact that companionship in itself is a use?

>People who's dog is their companion are overly attached to their animal and delude themselves into believing it's their friend.

Why wouldn't you consider it a friend? You enjoy each others company, it reciprocates affection as you give it, how is it anything but a friend?
>>
>>27680508
>current use that dogs have involved with humans
Which is? Outside of niche things like seeing eye dogs and k9 units what purpose do they have?

>>27680573
Most dogs aren't guard dogs and the average dog owners is not getting a dog for that purpose.
>considering dog a friend
lol it's a fucking stupid dog, are you also friends with house plants?
>dog fags says he'd save his dog before saving another person from burning building
You people are sick in the head.
>>
>>27680650
>Most dogs aren't guard dogs and the average dog owners is not getting a dog for that purpose.

Just because a dog isn;t trained to attack intruders doesn't mean it cant be a god guard dog, my mate in high school had a retarded little terrier that would start to bark up a storm if anyone so much as began to walk down the drive of their house at night. Alarm dog is a more accurate term than guard dog, although many large breeds will act as both even without training.

>lol it's a fucking stupid dog, are you also friends with house plants?

I mean, I know you're trolling, but I'm bored and drunk so I'm not sure how to answer this without sounding condescending

>You people are sick in the head.

I never said that etc. etc.

try harder
>>
>>27680650
i am a friend with my venus flytrap, she's my partner for over 15 years at this point. no dogs though for me.
>>
>>27680761
I'm not trolling but I am laughing that you think a retarded dog is your friend. I love those kind of friends who you can never communicate with and are too stupid to have human like emotions.
A dog is simply an expensive stuffed animal for children like yourself.
The vast majority of dogs shouldn't exist and serve no purpose other than the vague idea of their being companions for pathetic owners. The environmental impact alone is non-trivial.

Are you like most dogfags who think it's good that you can't kill stray dogs?

>>27680815
Should tie the knot.
>>
>>27680858
>I love those kind of friends who you can never communicate with and are too stupid to have human like emotions.

Actually, there's been a lot of recent research showing that dogs can understand and react to human emotion quite well

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2251326/

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/12/1/20150883

http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/12/150505

I mean, it's not really surprising considering how we guided the evolution of the entire species.

>The vast majority of dogs shouldn't exist

Completely agree here, breeding for aesthetics is cruel and leads to many breeds with massive health defects

>Are you like most dogfags who think it's good that you can't kill stray dogs?

I mean, if it attacks people or is obviously in pain/ill then go ahead as long as you're humane about it, are you like most edgelords who thinks inflicting unnecessary pain on lesser species is fun?

>A dog is simply an expensive stuffed animal for children like yourself.

The fact you say stuff like this makes it really hard to take you seriously man, I don't even own a dog
>>
>>27680858
>Should tie the knot.
when interpreted literally its sounds offensive because tying a flytrap in know will harm it
am i defending plants rights at this point
oh internet
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x366
Fuck off Doghater you extreme autist
Quit shitting everything up
>>
>>27680858
Dogs are still way more useful than bloody cats. And there are alot more of them.
>>
>tfw hate dogs
>tfw don't want them anywhere near me
>tfw don't want to go places where there may be a dog
>tfw when dogs jump up on me or lick me I want to kick them in the face
>can't tell normie dogfags how I feel because that would make them think I'm weird/evil

fuck every dog and dog owner times infinity
>>
File: image.jpg (481 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
481 KB, 1024x1024
Post more of your cute pup, OP, please.
>>
you americans discussing about dogs have no idea about dogs who get thrown out on the street
you have laws about that and effective services
but here, in post-2nd world in 3rd world countries stray dogs are a real problem
in my city they kill someone every other month or so
even in USA there are 10000s of victims of dogs
they also spread viruses including rabies
>>
>>27681114
But why? Did you have a bad experience with one as a kid or something?
>>
>>27681067
cats r cute
dogs aren't
there isn't pretty much any use for a pet except being cute
>>
>>27681136
Well, yeah? If anything that's an argument for the love and care of dogs and the abhorrence of abandoning them to form feral populations rather than an argument against dogs themselves.

Bear in mind there's no such thing as a wild dog, dogs literally only exist because of living with humans, and feral dogs only exist because people haven't properly cared for their dogs.
>>
>>27681162
no
I just don't want your fucking smelly slobbering retard shittily trained dog being all up in my fucking personal space jumping on me barking licking me

>oh, just tell him to sit Anon

FUCK YOU CONTROL YOUR FUCKING ANIMAL
>>
File: ruff.jpg (776 KB, 1306x977) Image search: [Google]
ruff.jpg
776 KB, 1306x977
>>27681120
Here's when she was little
>>
>>27681235
So would you not have a problem with a dog that is properly kept/trained?

Because I'm pretty sure most people would agree with you there, people who have dogs but have no idea how to train them or raise them properly are fucking awful
>>
>>27679812
Your dog is an ugly sack of shit
>>
>>27681009
I take it the anti dog poster is just going to ignore this post and the multiple links to studies proving him wrong then?
>>
>>27681273
I have yet to meet a dog that leaves me the fuck alone

tell him to sit, bullshit, he doesn't even listen to you, why the hell do you think he would listen to me?
>>
File: pupper mcdoggo.jpg (340 KB, 980x1305) Image search: [Google]
pupper mcdoggo.jpg
340 KB, 980x1305
>>27681279
Nah, she's a qt.
>>
>>27681321
>tell him to sit, bullshit, he doesn't even listen to you, why the hell do you think he would listen to me?

Then I'm sorry you've only encountered people with shitty untrained dogs

I've no idea what it's like in the US, but here in the UK dog training is a big deal. There are a ton of government and charity ads and services saying that if you don't have the time/knowledge to properly train and raise a dog then you definitely shouldn't buy one.
>>
A D O R B S

You're making me wish I had one too.
>>
>>27681309
everything that can listen reacts to emotion
>>
>>27680057
You raise a good point on the hypocrisy between pet ownership and animal consumption. I wish more people had the fucking brains to see this.
>>
>>27681357
it's like the dogs know I don't like them so they do their utmost to be as annoying as possible

god damn those literal sons of bitches
>>
>>27681416
Yes, but dogs have been shown to be able to recognize subtle human showings of emotion, such as body language and facial expression.

Seriouslu, do some reading on the subject, it's fascinating how our intertwined evolution with and artificial selection of dogs has led to them being pretty primally linked with us. In fact they're the only animal (other than other humans) that will take emotional cues from a humans face and eyes rather than body language as a whole. This is why dogs can "tell" when you're sad or happy or whatever, they can pick up on minute changes that oftentimes other people wouldn't be able to see.

Again, before you call me dogfag or whatever, I'm speaking as a biologist rather than a dog owner
>>
>>27681498
some people like me not really can't why a fucking dog could that come people can't
>>
>>27681564
>some people like me not really can't why a fucking dog could that come people can't

Are you alright lad?

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>27681564
>some people like me not really can't why a fucking dog could that come people can't

has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
Regardless of your studies (which you exaggerate) a dog cannot communicate with a human in any meaningful way and cannot be a friend. It is at best a tool.
>Completely agree here, breeding for aesthetics is cruel and leads to many breeds with massive health defects
That's not what I said. This is third time you have said this, is it the go to phrase for the moderate dogfag?
Mutts shouldn't exist either.
>I mean, if it attacks people or is obviously in pain/ill then go ahead as long as you're humane about it
Why is it necessary that it be hurt or attack people? A stray dog is worthless and an invasive species. At best a nuisance and at worst a danger. They are vermin and should be exterminated. It's ridiculous that average person cannot kill stray dogs on the spot.
>are you like most edgelords who thinks inflicting unnecessary pain on lesser species is fun?
Since when is killing pests unnecessary? Also there's no reason to get upset about someone hurting a stray dog, most people don't cry about mice getting stuck in traps. Why is a dog any different?
>The fact you say stuff like this makes it really hard to take you seriously man, I don't even own a dog
It's true though.

>>27681067
What's your point? I agree cats are useless in most cases.

>>27681114
Just poison them or hit/kick them if the dog is on you. Especially if it's unleashed and you have leash laws. It's great how upset an impotent dog owner gets when you kick their unleashed mutt in the face. I guess it's too hard to obey the law for them.

>>27681202
>If anything that's an argument for the love and care of dogs and the abhorrence of abandoning them
but god forbid we exterminate the strays huh? Every poor pupper must find a home?
>>27681309
Sorry I'm not a no life like yourself who continually scans the thread while drunk :^)
>>27681357
#notalldogs
kek if the vast vast majority of dogs shitty poorly trained animals that serve no purpose your argument loses it's weight.
>>
>>27681657
Christ man, I don't know whether to laugh or feel pity.
>>
>>27681657
>>27681009

>>27681585
>>27681639
He obviously meant that he can't pick up cues.
>>
>>27679812
While your dog is a real QT, I must say you have a nice looking floor there.

8/10 would walk on.
>>
>>27681057
Not everybody who sees dogs for what they are is the same person anon.
>>
>>27681657
>Regardless of your studies (which you exaggerate)

Elaborate on this please?

>a dog cannot communicate with a human in any meaningful way and cannot be a friend.

I (and the vast majority of dog owners) completely disagree. A dogs body language can show a huge range of emotions, and it's not very hard at all to learn to interpret these

>It is at best a tool.
Why are the two mutually exclusive?

>Mutts shouldn't exist either.
Why?

>Why is it necessary that it be hurt or attack people?

Because otherwise it's not doing any harm?

>A stray dog is worthless and an invasive species.

Worthless is arguable, but they are not in any way an invasive species. They don't outcompete any natural species, they don't endanger other animals, and they do no harm to crops or the like. They are primarily urban scavengers which have no bearing on people for the most part.

>They are vermin

They're quite literally not, but it's obvious you don't care much for actual facts

>It's ridiculous that average person cannot kill stray dogs on the spot.

Why?

>Since when is killing pests unnecessary?

Explain how they're pests? They kill no crops and damage no property

>Also there's no reason to get upset about someone hurting a stray dog, most people don't cry about mice getting stuck in traps. Why is a dog any different?

For one, because mice are actively killed due to them actually being vermin/pests, and because dogs are understood to have a very high level of direct and emotional intelligence for an animal.
>>
REMOVE CANINE remove canine
you are worst dog. you are the dog idiot you are the dog smell. ahahahaha ,dogs we will never forgeve you. FUck but fuck asshole dog stink sqhipere shqipare..dog genocide best day of my life
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Just picked up this minx from the shelter. How'd I do? 10/10? I'm a wizard/male spinster btw.
>>
>>27681710
nice before the dog shit and pissed on it and scratched it up that is
>>
>>27681057
>there is only 1 guy that hates dogs
>>
>>27681804
cute as fuck. Good little cat
>>
>>27681657
>Just poison them or hit/kick them if the dog is on you.

poisoning a dog is illegal
owners get pissed if you kick their dog

believe me I wish I could
>>
>>27681804
cats are the only acceptable robot pet

dog owners are fucking normalfags
>>
>>27681812
Hey man, what's your problem?
Did you get cucked by a dog?

Stuck forever in robot life because you're less likable than an animal?
>>
>>27681657
spot the future serial killer
>>
>>27681903
>cats are the only acceptable robot pet
not
>rats
>snakes
>snails
>lizards
>ants
>stick insects
>tropical fish
>parrots
>ferrets
>capybaras
>axolotls
>any other autism friendly pet

Saying that cats are the only acceptable robot pet after dogs is like saying that going to small gatherings of friends is the only acceptable robot activity after going to parties
>>
>>27679792
>>27679707
>>27679936
Cancerfags GTFO
>>
>>27681337
Love your dog OP
Wish I had one too
>>
>>27681963
>rats
>snakes
>snails
>lizards
>fish
>birds
those are fine too

>ants
enjoy having to poison them when they escape the ant farm

>ferrets
smell like shit

>capybaras
>axolotls
special snowflake hipster pets, therefore normie
>>
>>27681926
>waste time cleaing up shit, walking, grooming
>waste money feeding it and taking it to the vet
>floors and furniture ruined

who's the cuck again?
>>
>>27681789
>dog looks at face longer
>they can understand emotion!
They're stupid animals and even if they have basic abilities to interpret humans it's simply because they are excellent parasites.
>I (and the vast majority of dog owners) completely disagree. A dogs body language can show a huge range of emotions, and it's not very hard at all to learn to interpret these
I've heard this and seen this so many times lol. It's almost always some pseudoscience junk where the owner projects their feelings and expectation onto the animal. The same sign is interpreted in different ways depending on situation. Just more dogfag delusion desu.
>Why are the two mutually exclusive?
I didn't say they were? Them not being capable of being friends is not by dint of them being able to be tools.
Why should a stray mutt exist?
>Because otherwise it's not doing any harm?
A stray dog does do harm retard to the environment, ecosystem, and humans.
>Worthless is arguable, but they are not in any way an invasive species. They don't outcompete any natural species, they don't endanger other animals, and they do no harm to crops or the like.
What worth do they have? Here's some reading :)
http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UFE0044028/00001
It's ridiculous that stray dogs cannot be killed because they are no different than things like rats. I'd love to hear why a stray dog digging in the garbage is any different and deserves not to be put down on the spot. I guess we should wast time and resources capturing it and storing it in a no-kill shelter because god forbid a dog dies meanwhile we slaughter animals everday.
>because dogs are understood to have a very high level of direct and emotional intelligence for an animal.
There's animals that are more intelligent or similarly intelligent animals that nobody gives a shit about. It's funny why only dogs and cats get the privileged treatment it's almost like nobody actually cares in some structured way and simply doesn't want muh cute pups and kittys killed.
>>
>>27682126
>Caring about what other people do with their personal property and time

I bet you're a fucking communist
>>
>>27682177
>anyone who doesn't like dogs is a commie

kek stay mad normie dogcuck
>>
>>27681874
>poisoning a dog is illegal
Won't get caught.
>>27681937
nice meme!

>>27682177
cuck a doodle do :^)
>>
File: dogmeat.jpg (219 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
dogmeat.jpg
219 KB, 500x374
this kills the dogcuck
>>
>>27681804
Cats are pretty pathetic imo. It's the ultimate beta pet
>>
>>27682253
welcome to beta headquarters
>>
>>27682324
Well that explains all the catfags and sociopaths
>>
>>27679707
Go fuck yourself you pathetic waste of space.
>>
>>27679936
Shut the fuck up you weak ass pussy.
>>
>>27682198
You're a gay pussy faggot. You won't do shit. :^)
>>
>>27682781
>>27682815
>>27682866
>Dogfags are this mad
>>
File: 22315753066_10b899bbc8_o.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
22315753066_10b899bbc8_o.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Rate this pipper
>>
>>27682991
cancer/10
>pipper
Why are you losers so childish?
>>
>>27683059
Why are you such a little anal bitch?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.