[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Windows XP the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: microsoft-windows-xp.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-windows-xp.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
Why is Windows XP the best?
>>
Windows 7 was peak windows.
>>
because i have nostalgia from playing runescape on my windows xp laptop
>>
>>27676901
>was
I hope you didn't upgrade like a good little goy.
>>
Because it wasn't such a pain in the ass to track down your files and your performance wasn't affected by a bunch of stupid useless gui shit
>>
idk, its kind of ankward
>>
because its the windows 8 of 2001
back then people didn't cry when their start menu changed slightly
>>
>>27676871

It followed the disastrous Windows ME, and turned out to be good enough for just about everybody. Furthermore, the internet was old enough by this point and average people were getting sophisticated enough to realize that they could load different software on their machines, so since the OS was inoffensive and easy to use (because people were long accustomed to the basic ideas), people were happy to leave it on while they downloaded firefox, whatever the new chat app was, etc.

I myself just mothballed a computer that I had been using for literally 14 years, and finally set up the cheap new computer that I've been sitting on. The old machine had XP the entire time I used it, though I reformatted on multiple occasions. I upgraded mainly for security and speed; I'm on 8 now and I've got things cosmetically the way I want them. Certain things are still annoying me but I can find my way around and do what I want. I think one major computer upgrade in 15 years, to a new machine and material that ran under $400 is pretty good.
>>
I like the file search bar on win7s start menu so it's my favourite but im using an onscreen keyboard my pcs so fucked so what do i know
>>
Tbh, win7 ruled. Win 8 kinda sucked but wasn't THAT horrible, and win10 I'm a bit split about.
>>
It works without a bunch of shit I don't need bogging it down and can easily make it do what I want it to do without it hiding features.

Currently using it on this old ass computer I am posting from.
Still works fine and runs everything great.
Only think I really want to upgrade is the hardware.

That being said, 7 is pretty good to. Just don't run right on the hardware I currently got.
>>
File: Windows_Me.png (300 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Windows_Me.png
300 KB, 1024x768
>Why is Windows XP the best?
>Windows XP
That's a weird way of spelling Windows ME
>>
Operating systems now have to appeal to the dumbest user, which, with the ever-growing technology expansion, keeps getting dumber and dumber. XP was kind of the golden age where it was easy enough for somewhat intelligent beginners to use, yet malleable enough for more advanced users.
>>
>>27677737
With that you'd be thankful if you heard the shutdown sound instead of a blue screen
>>
I had to move to Win 7 but I was so happy with xp
I understand that xp was the second most installed os in the world
>>
Am I the only person here that actually likes Win10?
The layout is nice...
>>
>>27678814
Avoiding Vista and Win 8 - Priceless
>>
>>27676871
It was pretty shitty to be honest, family. Slow as fuck after a year, vulnerable to all kinds of viruses, windows update was fucked, font rendering was shit, the whole UI looked like a Fisher Price toy. But it was comfy.
>>
I only remember Windows XP being slow as fuck.
>>
>>27678858
>Vista
I thought we all agreed to never mention that shit ever again
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.