[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the "getting a job will make you happy"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: vamp1948a67.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vamp1948a67.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>tfw you fell for the "getting a job will make you happy" meme

What's up bros. I finally got my first job, and it pays pretty well. The problem is that I feel more depressed than ever:
>early mornings
>stress and boredom
>social interaction, and lots of it

By the time I get home, I crawl into bed and browse 4chan on my phone, too tired and depressed to even sit in front of my desktop computer.

The NEET life was filthy, poor and depressing, yet this wage slave life is tiring, stressful and depressing. Is there seriously no way to be happy?
>>
>he works in the morning
hahaha work close shift nigga. 4/5pm til 10:30/11pm. solid 6 or so hours so you will make near full time after five days, and you naturally go to sleep around 12am anyway so just in time to get off work, have a bite to eat, and sleep.
>>
>>27675161
Get a job you like and be financially independent.
>>
>>27675204
>>27675205
I'm not him but both of these are not reasonable suggestions.

You can't pick what time you have to work and can barely pick what job you have. For a job to be one that he would want then probably loads of normies also want it and will take it.
>>
>>27675253
>you can't pick what time you have to work
you've never had a job before, have you?

>and can barely pick what job you have
yeah, you've never had a job before. that, or you got some shitty degree.
>>
>>27675289
>>you can't pick what time you have to work
>you've never had a job before, have you?
Yeah I've had 3 and about to start a 4th. you must work 9-5:30. In one you could do and hour change either side if you wanted or not take an hour for lunch. I'm sure some places are more flexible but they will want to close up the office before 11pm and your boss would want you around for at least some of the hours they are.
>>
File: LaCroix.png (1 MB, 1043x1563) Image search: [Google]
LaCroix.png
1 MB, 1043x1563
>>27675161
nice jpg bro. this game has tons of good writing.
>>
>>27675318
Shut up, Lacroix. You knew Nines' didn't do it.
>>
>>27675345
I was giving the anarchist fuck just what he wanted: martyrdom.
>>
I don't understand how people can find the NEET life depressing. I LOVED every single day of my shut in NEET existence and wish I could return to it.
>>
>>27675317
The dude you're replying to is probably one of those Stemfags who constantly brags about making six figures. "Oh, you can always pick your hours with a job, you've clearly never had a job before hurr durr!"
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 800x533
>post reference to the Brotherhood
>nobody gets the reference

Are you enlightened?

(Did you guys even do this side quest?)
>>
>>27675317
Not sure how an autist like you got an office job, but guess what? Not all jobs are like that. Some places are open 24 hours a day and need employees to run them, like Walmart and grocery stores. There are tons of warehouse jobs that work into the night too. So no, not everyone "must work from 9-5:30".
>>
>>27675459
You're lucky if you ask your boss to swap to night shift and he agrees. Most places hire you at a set schedule and don't like changing it. If the night crew is already full you'll likely get turned down.
>>
>>27675459
He said he got a well paying job nor some shitty mcjob.
Whats that about me having a shitty degree? so I should get a good degree and then work nights in walmart, even though it would be up to my boss if I get the shifts I want?
>>
Are you making a surplus income? If so, work long enough to have some savings, then go NEET again but dedicate 1/4 of your NEET time to improving your skills or building a business or something so you can gain some degree of economic indendence.

If you end up making enough money to live while maintaining a high degree of independence and getting enough cash to get by, with a bit of surplus money - offer some money to someone who's in the situation you used to be in, so they can help themselves and others in turn.
>>
>>27675161
>>27675318
This game looks creepy as fuck, and I don't mean that in a horror film kind of way. I don't like horror shit. This game is creepy in that you know autists are playing and masturbating to it. It's just creepy to think how off track a human mind can get from reality.
>>
>>27675849

>masturbaiting to it

Sex mod was never publicly released. Some mega wizard made a sex mod for this game that is like 6 gigabytes and only have it out to his exclusive forum members.
>>
>>27675161
I wish I could return to the time I played this game.
>>
Who /Tremere/ master race?

Guns and Thaumaturgy op
>>
What job did you get OP?
>>
I just quit my job of over 4 years for those reasons. I'd just panic about work on my days off.
>>
>>27675911
I played them as my first go and found it hard as fuck on some of the bosses. You ran out of blood magic really quick and all my other stats were low as crap so I would run our of bullets and not be able to hit well
>>
>>27676039

I went gun spec first and Thaumaturgy 2nd.

I would shoot things with strong guns while having that bloodshield on me.

And doing other stuff. Ez pz mode. Maybe Ming was a little hard.
>>
File: malkavian.jpg (50 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
malkavian.jpg
50 KB, 800x500
>>27675911
I vaguely remember enjoying a mad Malkavian play through.

I should revisit it, but the magic of most things has waned.
>>
>>27676069

Tfw no blood doll gf. Was a great date simulator.
>>
>>27676066
I went blast magic and would shoot all my blood at them and all the bosses would not have taken any damage so I had to use things I had nothing in.
I did then try and go more blood tank build and it was better
>>
>>27675161
>you will never play vtm for the first time again
>>
>>27676104

That werewolf forest was pure ass. How come werewolves>vampires?
>>
There is a guy in the beginning in the diner that completely fucking dusts you.

Try killing him, you'll know which one when he wrecks you.

He's only in the beginning of the game. Apparently he is the boss of the carnival of horror or something.
>>
>>27676137
I had to look up how to do it. I'm such a pleb
>>
>>27676137
So was the sewer level
>>
>>27676195

Me too. There's no shame in looking up stuff I do it all the time.

You can kill it by closing the door on it.
>>
>>27676211

Oh yeah I forgot about that level. It was pretty long but I didn't have too much trouble.

The nosferatu den.
>>
>>27676211
That bit were you had to make the dumb run.

It took me ages, I gave up and looked for another way to go and of course turned to looking it up but I just couldn't make it. It took ages.

or are you talking about the fatguys and no access to any blood. How am I meant to fucking blood magic
>>
>>27676245
I just remember it being absolutely horrible.

>no access to any blood
Just gave me flashbacks. #TRIGGERED
>>
File: ocean house hotel.jpg (26 KB, 599x253) Image search: [Google]
ocean house hotel.jpg
26 KB, 599x253
>>27676211
>>27676195
>>27676137
Man the Haunted Ocean House Hotel was awesome, caused genuine fear and dread, very reminiscent of The Shining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSFpESP6NM
>>
>>27676321
The majority of the game was 10/10 imo

shame it was released the same day as HL2
>>
>>27676321
Yes, top tier horror.
Eerie and jump scares and ingame character threat
>>
>>27676321

That's the no fun level.
>>
>>27676321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt871DyKQbQ&nohtml5=False

better vid.

oh god i was playing it with a friend watching me who genuinely believed in ghosts, don't know how he managed.
>>
File: 1448319816126.jpg (54 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
1448319816126.jpg
54 KB, 400x599
>Get a job
>"Well, at least I'll have money for vidya"
>Come home
>Only want to sleep
>No time for vidya
>>
>2016
>not making money online
baka desu senpai
>>
>>27675289

You sound like you've never had a job before.

I've been working various jobs since I was 14. The only job I actually liked was working 3rd shift at a movie theater. The job paid like shit, and I needed a second one to live, but it was best tier. Every job I've had where I was making """""good""""" money was pure shit, and arguably worse than a minimum wage job because they hold your shitty $12/hr over your head like you'll be able to retire in 2 years.
>>
>>27675161
>Is there seriously no way to be happy?
Shut off that pessimistic voice inside your head and you'll be happy. How much intense physical pain does an early morning really involve? Try looking at these things like challanges you are supposed to overcome rather than flaws that are not supposed to be there.

It's not work that makes you unhappy. Even if it involved intense physical pain, you're not working right now. Work is in the past and in the future, but those things don't have physical existance, so really it's just in your head. Just accept the world for what it is and the past and the future won't make you unhappy. "Early mornings" will be much less painful and they'll only tormenting you 'til noon, rather than 24/7. If you come to terms with the past, it goes away.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.