[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend I made in psych ward messaged me saying what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
A friend I made in psych ward messaged me saying what's up. How should I respond? I didn't talk in 4 months.
>>
No people with friends on /r9k/? I thought this place was infested with normies.
>>
> "nm - jus being anxious and asking the internet how to reply to someone i feel guilty about losing touch with"
>>
>>27675060
I don't feel guilty. I just don't know social interactions so I am asking everyone who has friends to give some pointers.
>>
File: mork and mindy.png (97 KB, 228x276) Image search: [Google]
mork and mindy.png
97 KB, 228x276
>>27675085
oh, in that case tailor it to the situation, ie;
> "nm - just overthinking how to answer you cos i suck at social interaction so i asked the internet and it told me to say this"
>>
Just answer honestly. "Not much, just being severely depressed and hating life. How about you man?"
>>
File: Rage Pepe5.jpg (11 KB, 199x171) Image search: [Google]
Rage Pepe5.jpg
11 KB, 199x171
>>27674865
>making a friend

GET OUUT CHAAAAD
>>
File: ¦3rilliant.jpg (50 KB, 180x207) Image search: [Google]
¦3rilliant.jpg
50 KB, 180x207
>>27675243
nah m8, it's cool cos it happened in psych ward

... that's like Spring-Break for je/r9k/s
>>
>>27675231
>>27675312
You are a really bad person, anon.

>>27675231
That seems depressing.

>>27675243
Nice meme, memebot.
>>
File: u cant handle my edge.jpg (153 KB, 615x1008) Image search: [Google]
u cant handle my edge.jpg
153 KB, 615x1008
>>27675372
>You are a really bad person, anon.

trudat - but that's what makes me the life and soul of any party, and why anon should trust my lessons in Conviviality 101
>>
>>27675194
I unironically support this. If he was in a mental ward with you he would understand.
>>
I made friends in a mental health ward too but never spoke to them after

in fact the only time I ever got a girl's number was from a mental health ward. either that or she asked for mine and I gave it, don't remember

never spoke to her again though desu
>>
Just say something like "Hey, long time no talk. How's it going?" You want to break the ice, let them talk about their life and listen intently. People want to be listened to, the better you get at that the better you'll be at understanding others.
>>
File: 1440017409988.jpg (89 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
1440017409988.jpg
89 KB, 565x565
>>27674865 (OP)
>making a friend

GET OUUT CHAAAAAD
>>
>>27675471
yeah, i was being sincere - if OP keeps it real, he either develops a friendship with someone who knows he can't into friendship, or the texting guy decides he doesn't want to spend the energy befriending OP and drops it

either way OP wins

... course there is one small little caveat, and that's whether the texting dude is a raving loon who wants to form a suicide-club or rob banks or something, and whether OP is into that

but seeing he's from this circleje/r9k/, i'm guessing he's down for anything :3
>>
>>27674865
"pretty tough, man. Trudging along."
>>
>>27674865
Say "good, how are you?" Don't be so beta.
>>
I am thinking of saying something along those lines.

>not much, juts shitposting on /r9k/, what you up to?
>>
>>27674865
It depends. What's up, anon?
>>
keep it simple.

>hello how are you
>>
File: sad-mccartney.jpg (41 KB, 476x600) Image search: [Google]
sad-mccartney.jpg
41 KB, 476x600
This guy gave me his number while we were in the psych ward too. He was really fucking manic. His name was Justin. Justin was a very interesting character, so I'm gonna tell you guys about him and you can tell me if you think I should give him a call now, three months later. I'm hypomanic right now, so forgive me for being overly verbose. I'm very talkative and I have trouble focusing my thoughts.

Now Justin was like a textbook fucking manic patient. It seemed like he was constantly amped out of his mind on speed. He was ridiculously full of himself and constantly stroking his own ego. I never really figured out for sure whether he was psychotic or just a pathological liar, but he kept making up the most outrageous claims about himself. He was a complete megalomaniac. Like for example, if you told him you liked to play some video game then he'd tell you, with a completely straight face, that he coded and designed that game all by himself or that he owned the company.

I was the only one who would put up with his shit, because I thought the guy was hilarious, so he kept sitting next to me at every meal and we'd shoot the shit for hours while I doodled with markers in the kitchen. I mostly hung out with him because I was really fucking bored in that ward and Justin was like the only entertainment I could find. But I think he really thought we were pals, because he gave me this pretty cool hardcover book filled with tattoo art and it looked really expensive. He also tried to give me this huge gold necklace of his, which must've cost a fortune, but I didn't feel comfortable taking expensive jewelry from him, since cognitively he was pretty much a child and it'd feel like taking candy from a retard or something. Once he ran out of his own stuff to give away to everyone in the ward, he started giving me all this strange shit he pocketed from the kitchen and activity room, like a Joker playing card or a playing piece from some board game or a fistful of Monopoly money.
>>
>>27677089
Over and over, he kept telling me that Bill Gates communicated the winning Powerball numbers to him through the TV and that he was getting out that evening to collect his money. Every day I was there he kept saying, with complete conviction, that same mantra: he was definitely gonna get out this evening, for real this time, and he was going to sue the hospital if they stopped him. He always had some plan for what he'd do right after he got out; he'd say he was going to head straight over to pick up his lottery money, or fly across the country to fist fight some celebrity, or start a world tour with his super cool rock band, or appear in the Supreme Court to sue Obama or the Pentagon or the NSA or the doctors in the psych ward. His story changed every time and all his plans were completely ridiculous.

He'd talk about his winning Powerball numbers all the fucking time, planning ridiculous things he'd spend the money on and promising everyone in the ward a cut of it. One day, he took me into our room, just the two of us, because he wanted to discuss something in private. He whispered excitedly that he was going to fly me out to some Midwestern indie festival in his private jet and he was gonna bring acid, shrooms, MDMA, and anything else I wanted. That's when he handed me his number. Had a really big laugh after he told me this plan; this time I couldn't hold it in.

I really thought that he had at least some self-awareness of what he was doing. Surely, really deep down, he knew he was being facetious and he was consciously just messing with everyone, right? But he didn't laugh with me; instead my laughter actually seemed to really upset him, which made me feel kinda bad. Like how you feel accidentally telling a child there's no Santa Claus. That's why it's my guess he was delusional and not just lying. It must've been frustrating being laughed at for things you really and genuinely believed.
>>
>>27677240
Text him. On the off chance that he really is rich, you could score big
>>
>>27677240
Anyways, despite his daily promises, he never got out any of the evenings he said he would. I left before he ever got released, so I'm not sure how long they kept him in there. I'm pretty sure he has to have gotten out by now. It's not really that hard to convince the doctors to free you, as long as you've got some basic intelligence. But I'm not completely sure, since his meds didn't seem to fix him even a bit. Maybe the hospital's still struggling to treat him.

I overheard a few of the doctors saying they couldn't discharge him because he kept making threats that, when he got out, he was gonna beat up Obama and send him back to Africa (Justin didn't believe he was a native American citizen and kept wanting to see his birth certificate, of course). He told me in secrecy that he was gonna fist fight with quite a lot of celebrities, usually saying they both planned to have a brawl that night (right after he got out of course) in LA or Las Vegas or wherever. I didn't tell anyone, but he probably told the wrong person about his future fights and they ratted him out to the big guys. He also kept fighting with the nurses after our designated bedtime because he couldn't sleep (because of his mania) and he had nothing to do (the nurses forced us to stay in our rooms and be quiet). He was my roommate, unfortunately, so he'd keep me awake every night screaming about stupid shit or tearing pages out of magazines and taping them on the walls.

He got kinda physical with the nurses whenever they tried to make him go the fuck to bed already, so they'd have to stick a needle full of Xanax in his ass almost every night, just to make him get some shut-eye so we could all finally sleep. I saw him a few times knocked straight the fuck out, like a ragdoll. His body was sprawled across the nurses' desk and he was lying in this position that suggested he was getting ready to attack but they nabbed him just in time.
>>
File: 1276786667716.jpg (182 KB, 1173x900) Image search: [Google]
1276786667716.jpg
182 KB, 1173x900
>>27677415
So that's just about the whole story of my psych ward buddy, Justin. I've still got his tattoo book and a few of the trinkets he stole for me, which I look through nostalgically sometimes. To be honest I kinda miss the guy, even if he was fucking nuts. There was something so innocent and naive about him. Maybe he was like a child looking out at the world with complete wonder and amazement, so confident he was going to take it all on and make it his own. Or maybe, more simply, he made all this stuff up because he just wanted to impress everyone. Maybe the poor guy just wanted to make a few friends.

Anyways, I lied in the beginning. I don't really care whether you guys think I should text him or not because, being completely honest, I probably won't. He was manic while he was in the hospital and I know from experience that being in that state changes your entire personality. He's probably a completely different person now, assuming he's all better and everything, and there's a very good chance he doesn't want to speak to me. And I don't think I'd want to hang out with a sane version of him either, if I'm being honest. His insanity was the main thing I liked about him. Every other part of him kinda painted a picture of someone who's just a really huge twat.

>>27677390
I remember, one morning a few weeks ago, that I woke up early and I was unable to go back to sleep. I kept wondering, like what if he was telling the truth all along? So I did a quick search to see who ended up winning and the winner didn't look even remotely like Justin; it was some completely different guy.

I'm kinda curious as to what he's doing these days, now that it's clear he's not getting shit. He said he was like 30 years old and I don't think he had an actual job. He was definitely making up all the jobs he claimed to have. His family appears to be well off though, like I saw his parents and they looked pretty upper-class. Plus he had all that expensive jewelry on him.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.