[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>22 >already feel like an old man who has wasted away his life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg (41 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg
41 KB, 800x800
>22
>already feel like an old man who has wasted away his life
>>
File: sad_keanu.jpg (33 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
sad_keanu.jpg
33 KB, 307x409
>>27674465
>21
>wasted 3 years in university
>only 4 exams passed
>don't even like the subject
>no idea what to do else with my life
>>
>>27674532
I'm 22 and don't even have a hs degree
Fucking normies
>>
>>27674465
>19
>already feel like i missed every chance at fixing how i interact with others
>tfw no gf neer ever
>>
>>27674532
>23
>wasted 7 years

fuck, don't be more anon, don't be me. Right after I make this post I'm going to unfuck a microscopic sliver of my life by trying to do some studying.

Thanks for your post anon.

Don't be me.
>>
>>27674465
>>already feel like an old man who has wasted away his life

I'm 60. You have indeed wasted half your life.

You're basically finished by around 38-40. After that:

>you're invisible to society
>Women around you are either mothers already or have no interest in it. They're also either married or divorced and bitter or single and full of hate for men. In any event, they're not interested in a fling with *you*. If they want anything to do with sex at all (most don't), they want a 19yo to make them feel young and in love again for a fleeting moment, not some old fart with no energy.

>it's not just that women no longer see you as a potential partner, *no one sees you at all*. You are something to step around, step over, step on.

>No one cares about you, either. Companies don't make ads for you...you're too young for the late night ads for hoverrounds and medicare supplements, and too old for Axe body spray.

>clothes are all about hiding your flaws instead of showing off. What hair you have left is turning gray, you're now 20 lbs or more over your college weight, probably 30-50 lbs more, your beltline is moving up and your shoes seem farther off.

>You're past your peak creatively. If you do anything creative now, understand that you are doing the best, most innovative and original work you will ever do for the next 10 years. After that, you taper off, then it's *gone*. Enjoy it now.

>It gets harder and harder to learn new things. You don't have the energy, stamina, or excitement you once had. Your work output slows down, and the quality starts a long spiral down.

>Your health is now in a gradual decline, but at 40, it's no longer gradual, it's a cliff. Every trip to the doctor brings something new...high blood pressure, weight gain, back problems, blood sugar, odd aches and pains, bifocals, problems getting erections, on and on. You're tired all the time, and you work just so you can go home and nap in front of shitty TV shows for a while.

- cont. -
>>
File: dono.jpg (7 KB, 210x181) Image search: [Google]
dono.jpg
7 KB, 210x181
>>27675098
Praise be, O' Great Wraith!
>>
>>27675098

-cont-
>By 40, you have too much experience for companies to pay for, your ideas are considered stale and tired, and your skills are out-dated. Depending upon your career, you've probably already been fired once and ended up taking a job at much lower pay, but after 40, you'll find it harder and harder to work at anything other than shitty minimum wage jobs.

>The kinds of jobs where you're crammed into tiny cubicles reeking of desperation, where 32yo female managers actually plot to make the conditions as awful as possible to increase turnover and drive wages down even more (at 56, I briefly worked a call center job until they made our pay "subject to tips" so they could pay less than minimum wage...blatantly illegal, but who gives a fuck about the over-40 or the poor?).

>They monitor not only your bathroom breaks, but how many squares of toilet paper you use, have you take drug tests and sexual harassment training like you're a recovering addict and rapist, and treat you like you're senile.

Conclusion:

You have less than 20 years to do what you really want and enjoy it.

Most people won't, or flat out can't. All I can say is do what you can now. Be open, take some chances, have some fun. Fuck the haters, the SJWs, the fundie religious people, everyone who wants to punish other people for finding some pleasure in life or pursue a dream.

Even at 20, life is too short for that shit.
>>
24 here. No skills, barely any job experience. The time flew by so fast I can hardly believe it. I wish I had tried to start a life back when I was 18 by going to college like everyone else did and trying to build some sort of network of connections. Now I'm totally fucked. Nobody wants to hire a 24 year old with massive voids in his work history and no specialized skills. Fuck if I went to college right goddamn now and finished a bachelor's degree I'd be 28 when I got it. Now why would anyone want to hire a fresh graduate at 28 when they can hire a fresh graduate at 22? I've wasted it all and there's only a future of low wage menial labor and possible suicide ahead.
>>
im hella sad
>>
>>27675663
You could just say fuck everything and go to the sea. Life there is hard as fuck but you could atleast see more of the world.
>>
>>27674465
riktf senpai
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.