[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would make you truly happy anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 22
File: happiness-green-road-sign.jpg (600 KB, 950x632) Image search: [Google]
happiness-green-road-sign.jpg
600 KB, 950x632
What would make you truly happy anon?
>>
File: 1459544274607.jpg (223 KB, 663x945) Image search: [Google]
1459544274607.jpg
223 KB, 663x945
Money&Weed
>>
>>27667950
Having some sort of meaning that isn't contrived by society to fulfill fleeting pleasures. To bad I'm way too smart to be religious
>inb4 fedora
>>
>>27668120
That and being a harem mc
Not one of the faggot ones though
>>
File: 27.jpg (233 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
233 KB, 600x800
Nothing ok
>>
L O V E
O
V
E
>>
>>27667950
Having meaningful control of something in my life would be nice.
>>
>>27667950
my dad being alive again
>>
>getting a job
>going to thailand
>fuck ladyboys
>>
Power and a reason to use it.

Or a constant stream of enjoyable stimulation while all my physical needs were met.
>>
File: nc6j40MABh1tkh8o4o8_500.jpg (38 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
nc6j40MABh1tkh8o4o8_500.jpg
38 KB, 500x526
Lots of money and the love of my girlfriend who I will someday marry.
>>
At the moment? Some cheesecake would really do the trick
>>
>>27668585
a single friend who i can place all my trust into that will never leave and likes things i like and makes me a better person
>>
Turn back time and drop me at my first day of kindergarten with my current mind and memories.
>>
To be transformed into the equivalent of a Primarch, save mankind, and conquer the galaxy.
>>
>>27667950
fire
fire EVERYWHERE

or global extinction, but I didn't rub a lamp to find you
>>
>>27668610
Related to this, i wish the world was as nice as i thought it was and that my future would turn out like as i thought it would.
>>
>>27667950
Happiness doesn't exist.

oginlmenti comentiniato
>>
The money and time to focus on my goals while also having my needs filled.

Also true independence and personal self sufficiency (so again money).
>>
>>27667950
Freedom. Financial freedom, specifically. I just want to exist in peace and pursue my interests without troubling anyone.
>>
>>27668606
How the fuck is that related to his post
>>
>>27667950
The correct brain activity would definitely get the job done.
>>
If I somehow knew what I wanted to do with my life and learn some sort of self discipline.

Goddamnit, as much as I don't want to join the military, it seems like it's my only way of getting somewhere.
>>
I don't think I could ever be truly happy but to reach some semblance of happiness I would like to immensely wealthy.
>>
>>27668756
u mad? stay mad.
>>
having my life back from conscription.
>>
A job and my own apartment

I can handle everything else from there
>>
File: tfw enlightened.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
tfw enlightened.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
>>27667950
I don't believe any material items, events, people, or places can ever grant me any sort of real happiness. If I'm not happy in my current life situation, then I'll never be happy by just adding more stuff to my life. I don't know what it takes to be truly happy with life, but I think I'm getting close.
>>
If a certain qt 3.14 didnt go back to her ex and I still had money desu.
>>
>>27668426
>>27668712
these. also the assurance that we aren't headed towards near term human extinction.
>>
>>27667950
Be transported to my favorite animu
>>
>>27668996
Where are you from that has conscription?
>>
A woman's love.
>>
I can't think of anything that can make me happy anymore.

I don't know what to do, nothing seems to help.
>>
>>27667950
I'm honestly pretty satisfied with my life right now. Going to college, have a job, have a healthy number of loyal friends that I can count on, and a dysfunctional, but good family. I wouldn't mind a girlfriend, but I'm too awkward around women for that shit.

>>27668610
If I had one wish it would be this.
>>
Super powers

Financial independence would be nice too.
>>
>>27667950
To have my games become a reality and be a huge success so I can buy all the stupid shit I want, become a qt girl, or be able to travel back to 2005.
>>
>moving to new orleans
>getting a good job there
>find a qt husband
>have a big family
>become a stay at home mom

that's all I want :(
>>
Not being human. Our fucked up evolution has led us to never be content for a long time, always wanting bigger or better things.
Millionaire? Why agent you a billionaire, you loser.
Got a car? Get a more expensive car.
Got an apartment? Why don't you own a house?
Got an easy job that pays enough? Why aren't you taking promotions you loser, more stress is for successful people!
While the examples I listed are partly the fault of societal expectations, there's something in our brain that always makes us want the next thing and doesn't let us stay happy with what we have.
Obviously the human race got where it is now because of these qualities, I'm not saying it'd objectively bad. But not everyone fits in with the race. Either they're losers who lack the drive or ability to climb with others, or they get disillusioned and drop out. Later to find out that giving up or dropping out isn't any better.

Apart from that impossible wish I wish a billion dollars dropped out of the sky since money lets you do anything, and that I could type posts that aren't useless rambling.
>>
>>27668117
this

or having reality warping powers so I can create my own island to live with my animals
>>
>>27667950
I'm lazy, so not existing.
Though until that happens i'll give life a shot.
On my terms.
>>
>>27667950
To have someone care about me.
Might be a little selfish, but I want to really brighten up someone's mood when their down. I want them to be happy to see me, and I want to support them when they're going through shit. I want to be their rock and I want to be genuinely loved.
>>
File: lain.gif (229 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
lain.gif
229 KB, 500x579
Having enough money to live comfortably as a NEET, and having a real friend/partner to share it with.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 200x300
ALL SEX LAWS ARE REVERSED...ALL OF THEM.
>>
Philosophical answers. That or superintelligence. I just want to know
>>
>>27667950
Being the little girl.
>>
>>27670687
nahh, no u son.
>>
Heroin mate. Dopamine is happiness. Any goal or desire once met is no longer satisfying.
>>
>>27667950

Someone to talk to that is genuinely interesting. Unfortunately, I'm such a bitter asshole that any minor annoyance will turn me off from getting to know new people. The few friend I have have their idiosyncrasies, but I tolerate it.
>>
I don't know. That's the problem.

Original comment etc
>>
>>27670882
U drunk m8?
>>
File: Aliens boul.gif (1 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
Aliens boul.gif
1 MB, 450x188
>>27671096
Nahm8, u dont want that/
it's bad business.

Superintelligence is a bad scene yo.
>>
>>27667950
Achieving my life dream
Love
world peace or making other people/seeing them happy
vidya and 4chan
Not being socially retarded. (but then i wont be welcome here anymore)
>>
>>27668712
I think I want this too. The truth is, I have no idea what would make me happy. Which makes me stuck because I cannot see the way forward.
>>
>>27671110
Probably. Better than ignorance imo
The unexamined life is not worth living
>>
Immersive virtual reality that lets me leave the real world behind in favor of a better, more fair one. How autistic am I?
>>
>>27671241
>The unexamined life is not worth living
Life intrinsically to me sometimes has that effect.
>>
>>27671333
Checked. Are you saying that there is an intrinsic suicidal want? I feel that's a shared theme for this board
>>
>>27671355
Suicidal seems too weak a word.
I'd very much like to be pulled into a black hole or just be erased from existence sometimes.

The thought of having to take my own life sickens me sometimes because I feel cheated to have existed at all.
Killing myself seems like work, and living feels like a chore.
>>
>>27670127
Sodomy is illegal again? Fuck
>>
>>27667950
I want to become a God, l'd lead honest people to victory and destroy everyone who stands infront of me.
Pretty cool huh ?
>>
>>27667950
If all other people suffer as much as robots/cyborgs from this board. I don't need happiness for myself, I need suffering for others.
>>
File: 1444142589323.jpg (114 KB, 960x760) Image search: [Google]
1444142589323.jpg
114 KB, 960x760
>>27671453
I need to watch welcome to the nhk at some point in my life
>>
>>27667950
A job where I work a normal 9-5 with weekends off where I don't feel like a piece of shit all the time. I loathe that I'm nearing 30 and still in retail
>>
>>27671804
>nhk
? Elaborate
>>
Shooting each of you faggots individually in the head would bring me joy.
>>
Burying my face in a cute girls armpit.
>>
>>27671902
Welcome to the nhk is an anime
>>
>>27671981
Explain it please.
>>27671973
Never change.
>>
>>27667950
For my my ex to be raped while seeing I walk on by looking fly.
To have a passive income that allows me to study for and do research for the rest of my days it wouldn't have t be much just 80 or 100k so I can do a bit of travel and just learn while fucking tinder sloots. And to be left the fuck alone.
>>
>>27667950
Progress anon~ the kind that isn't hindered or misdirected by cunts, progress for the betterment of 'all which is' of course, nods *moves along*
>>
>>27667950
Living in some magical elf forest with a qt
Also lots of dissociatives
>>
File: image.jpg (692 KB, 1756x2200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
692 KB, 1756x2200
>>27667950
Having a lot of money so I can take care of my family and friends. Basically winning the lotto I guess. There was one thing that truly made me happy but that happiness died almost three years ago. I wish I could've taken more pictures or something but shit happens. I'd probably use the money to make a clone but dealing with the death again? I couldn't do it.
>>
>>27667950
lots of shekeles
>>
Communism and a comfy gf
>>
>>27667950
A two hour conversation with my first girlfriend, who I haven't seen in 5 years.

A twenty minute conversation with another girlfriend, who I loved to bits and would have wifed at the time (I'm an RP MGTOW now though)

An end to my constant social paranoia, or at least, knowing why exactly people can meet me and take a lasting dislike to me so quickly.

Knowing why none of the people I know, be they friends or mates or any point in between, never invite me to things or text me. Not even to get invited or texted, just to know why. Maybe I can do better in future.

Everything else is OK.
>>
>>27667950
I've thought about this many times before.
I don't think I'm capably of true happiness
All I do is just walk around and exist.
>>
danish spergmom wife and our own place
>>
I've been messaging this girl I met on /soc/. If we end up meeting and she's as beautiful as in pictures and we end up becoming a couple, that would make me truly happy.
>>
Money, the more the better
>>
>>27672390
>I'm an RP MGTOW now though
>loves talking to women
>>
A fulfilling career.
A few decent relationships with people.
The ability to travel every year.
And obviously financial independence.
>>
File: 1449737637907.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1449737637907.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
not having autism
>>
File: ESDESUSAMAHORYSHET.jpg (138 KB, 800x1174) Image search: [Google]
ESDESUSAMAHORYSHET.jpg
138 KB, 800x1174
Esdeath being real and living with me.
>>
File: 1459934765180.png (42 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1459934765180.png
42 KB, 240x232
Universal adoration or total 200 miles innawoods anonymity

Prefer the adoration, is only a pipe dream
>>
Lots of fucking money.

"Money doesn't buy happiness" is a load of shit. My biggest stress in life right now is where I'm going and how I am going to support myself. If I had a ton of cash, I don't have to worry about those things.
>>
>>27669949
May your dream come true, I sincerely hope it doesn't go sour or turn out to be lackluster
>>
Not having so many incurable diseases
>>
File: 1383318057980.jpg (116 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1383318057980.jpg
116 KB, 633x758
>>27673322
I wasn't able to think of anything that would make me happy

then I saw your post and realized the problem
>>
File: 1443243558342.jpg (833 KB, 1238x1433) Image search: [Google]
1443243558342.jpg
833 KB, 1238x1433
Only one thing
>>
File: maki.jpg (622 KB, 1500x1031) Image search: [Google]
maki.jpg
622 KB, 1500x1031
mutual love
>>
>>27667950
I haven't the faintest idea, OP.
>>
Knowledge. All of it.
>>
>>27667950
death
or maybe knowing whats wrong with myself
>>
Having an actual friend. One that I could talk to about literally anything.
>>
>>27672001
Its a NEET who lives alone, one day he meets an underage qt and his life changes. Can't explain without spoiling
>>
All I want in life is a job where I have more free time than work.

If I could work three days for 13 hours at a time I would do that for the four days off.
>>
>>27674875
What's your email? I'll hit you up for a chat if you need one.
>>
>>27667950
Someone love.
Gave up ages ago.
>>
For what I want to be attainable.
>>
File: 1437881654957.jpg (56 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1437881654957.jpg
56 KB, 1024x768
a lifetime supply of xanax, oxycodone and san pellegrino water

i would listen to asmr and sleep all day. if i wake up and im a little parched i will have an icy cold bottle of san pellegrino by my bedside to sip on. i would be unstoppable
>>
If I had $800 million dollars.

I wouldn't blow it all at once and that money will be kept with the upmost secrecy. I would have a normal job to keep me occupied, pay off any debt my family owes, buy a nice little house for my parents, and send them checks every month on top of that so they can have nice things.
>>
>>27673520
It's obviously going to and I'm sure its a bad life decision but I sincerely hope it happens anyway.
>>
>>27667950
A wise and just person cannot fully be happy in a society that exploits and ensures suffering of millions.

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a great ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair.

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy - ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness--that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what--at last--I have found.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.

Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer.

This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me.
-Bertrand Russell
>>
>met boy on r9k omegle chat
>have everything in common
>all i want is to meet him irl
>we're both neets
>he is my qt virgin online bf
meeting him irl would be a dream come true
>>
getting ran over by an 18 wheeler

(you)'s
>>
A comfy apartment with a sea view, battlestation and a Betfair account to trade from.
>>
Money, power, respect
>>
>>27669460
>not wanting to witness the happening
>>
I just wish I didn't have to worry about money. The number one thing that stresses me out day in and day out if that it's fucking expensive to live and I'm already so far in debt from college loans because no one told me I shouldn't have taken them that if I don't get a decent job after school or if I fail out of school then I'm either gonna have to go back and live with my parents in a city I hate and feel extremely depressed whenever I go there or kill myself to avoid being a debt slave. Second option starts looking better every minute.
>>
>>27667950
if I had loving gf and knew that I am physically healthy.
>>
>>27667950
I know it will never ever happen,but I want her too be mine. I would truly be a slave too her. The amount of beauty she emanates is astounding. Her hair her eyes. I'm being creepy ill stop. But too have her forever would be a godsend. :-/
>>
To own a spaceship and be able to search the Galaxy for treasure. Alone. With animes. And books.
>>
Cute BF & Money
>>
I wanna be a tree deep in a forest, a place that has never been touched and never will by humanity.
>>
My best friend to stop being dead.
>>
>>27675697
This my man. That's my plan in life. Grind it out for three days, spend one day a week writing, and have three whole days to fuck around.
>>
Being thin.
>>
A certain uprising of a particular type of people.
>>
Some really close friends and a life partner. I would be happy if I could find just one of these but at the moment I'm not having much luck.
>>
File: 1457670668851.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
1457670668851.png
32 KB, 337x338
>>27667950
Have my own house with enough money to pursue whatever hobbies I want to, especially restoring/fixing cars. But unfortunately I'm too poor to ever afford that.

>JUST
>>
Having a passion/skill that I was improving over time instead of staring at screens all the time
>>
Being rich as fuck.
>>
>"I want to live the rest of my life with you, anon."
>>
>>27667950
house, family and stable income
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.