[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of my envy and general "darkness"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How do I get rid of my envy and general "darkness"?

How do I become a nice guy?

It feels impossible. If I'm going to be an ugly manlet I might as well b ea nice guy to not be even more unpleasant to people. I'm so bad with people though, and things upset me. Is there any hope? I want to be happy.
>>
>>27665873
Embrace both the dark and light aspects of yourself.
>>
gotta stop masturbating tbqh
>>
>>27665873
Shut your whore mouth, Dan. You disgust me.
>>
>>27665873
You *do* nice things for people. Compliment them, help them with things when you see them struggling, etc.

Some of my closest friends used to think I was a total asshole until I started talking to them, helping them with shit, or just being nice to them. I forced myself to do things that I didn't really want to do for the sake of improving my reputation.

If you have this cynical mindset, then you're never going to be able to do it. Taking action is what will make people see you as a better person. Get out of your own head.
>>
Everyone has darkness in them, all you can do is shroud and suppress it. It's akin to bottling up your emotions but if you show that side of yourself to people they start to hate you for it.

True happiness for me is sticking my head in the sand and pretending everything's alright. As platitude as it is, thinking positive does wonders. There's always hope, time has a way of changing things.
>>
>>27666008
I just feel like if I'm too nice people will take advantage of me. I feel so powerless no matter what I do. I hate my life.
>>
>>27666077
To me, it's a lot like flirting. I make the first move, and see if the other person reciprocates. If my efforts to be a nice person feel one-sided, then I still maintain the relationship with the person (I don't like to burn bridges, so to speak), but I also accept that they will never actually become close to me. Mutually beneficial relationships are gratifying as well as ideal.

I don't consider myself to be a people person because of this self-centered reason that I have for helping others, but most people I meet seem to like me as a person.

People who know me well seem to think I'm a much better person than I am.

>"I'm bad with people, and things upset me"
Elaborate.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (40 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
40 KB, 800x600
>>27665952
>You *do* nice things for people.

This. It works like a charm since you take your mind's focus off yourself at the time and makes you feel like a better person.
>>
>>27665873
Envy is a good thing. We aspire to do things that we see others do. If I hadn't seen successful engineers I probably wouldn't have pursued it.
>>
>>27666077
I know the feeling, some people actually will take advantage of you. I think it would be healthy for you to take the "I don't owe anyone nuffin" attitude. Don't let people walk all over you but don't be an absolute jerk either. There are many fine lines to walk in life, nobody can be expected to never slip up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.