[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever actually tried just being yourself and got told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 33.jpg (149 KB, 1435x1214) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
149 KB, 1435x1214
Have you ever actually tried just being yourself and got told you were doing it the wrong way?

Or is this just a meme?
>>
>>27665442
WOW WHAT A DEEP PICTURE. WHATS WITH THAT BLASTED 'SOCIETY' ALWAYS TELLING US WHAT WE CAN AND CAN'T DO? FUCK THE ESTABLISHMENT I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS
>>
>>27665442
>using le normie deep maymay
Kill yourself scum
>>
File: 1458940723873.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1458940723873.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>27665491
your stupid ass bitch face when your life is a meme
>>
Sometimes I wonder who "myself" is.

This whole idea of "self" seems like a bad meme.
I mean... when people do things, they're just acting, right?... They can't possibly be authentic all the time.... or can they?
>>
>>27665442
It usually just means that you should be more confident, and not afraid of what people think of you. If you are listening to society when every fiber of your being is telling you that what you're doing is right, then you are doing it wrong. If you are violating societal norms and being a complete autist in the process, then you're also doing it wrong.

Being yourself, but in a socially acceptable manner.
>>
I am schizoid and as a result a horrible person. I can understand things others don't but can't understand things everybody else does. I simply don't care for you or others that much and in application I come off as douchy and dismissive. Everybody is nice to me because I put on the act of being a little cat and it works pretty well but that just feeds my ability to manipulate people. When I act myself I look like I just came off a PTSD trip and don't really want to people. I can't figure it out but people can just tell that I am rather hollow when I am not acting.

Its not so much "just be yourself" its more of "act your self enough to convince others of something." Figure it out who knows maybe i'm just drunk
>>
>>27665617
There is no self, it is a stupid meme. There is no constant, unchanging "core you" that people disguise or whatever, the "true self" is whatever behaviour you exhibit in whatever situation.

Everyone is always "being themselves" by that definition, so it's a meaningless phrase, completely fucking pointless.
>>
>>27665617
There is no self the sooner you realize that the better, you might even grasp how important your interactions with others are because that is what you are in the end I can say I'm a horrible person but if I act like a saint my whole life the only person the thinks I'm a bad person is me and that's meaningless unless you're immoral.
>>
>>27665888
Immortal* and those trips are meaningless I could be wrong just my opinion anon, don't be "yourself" unless it's a calculated risk.
>>
>>27665617
I'm myself legit all the time. It pisses most people off, but eventually learn to love me for whatever reason. At least they know I'm honest and don't give a fuck.
>>
>>27665944
Are you being honest? Because if I were "myself" all the time, and by that I mean you say what you think without filtering it or whatever, I would be a complete fucking asshole.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.