[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else grow up with a dysfunctional family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: luluco.jpg (73 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
luluco.jpg
73 KB, 960x540
anyone else grow up with a dysfunctional family?
>>
>grew up in a perfectly functional family
>tfw no excuse for being a fuckup
>>
>>27665417
me

i always loved it when i went to my cousins and grandmas house because when I was there it felt like I was in a normal family
>>
>>27665432
This right here

Justincase
>>
>>27665460
I can relate to that, my parents temporarily stopped when we went to my grandmother's, I guess they didn't want to look like shit parents in public
>>
>screaming and yelling every night
>sometimes got physical
>sister bailed on me to deal with them by myself
>parents divorce and I move in with my mother
>mum starts screaming and yelling at me every night, telling me I'm useless and worthless, everyone is disappointed in me
>guilt trips me saying that I wish she was dead
>mum starts beating on me
>after months of begging my dad to move in with him he finally lets me

still flinch whenever i hear loud noises or if someone raises their hand towards me
>>
>>27665417
>8 children
>barely enough money to buy food
>oldest had to get jobs at young ages to support the family

I don't know man, i hated my childhood.
>>
>>27665432
Same. At least if your dad left you or your uncle molested you you have a reason to be a fuck up. My twin brother was salutatorian in high school and I'm failing out of one of the best colleges in the country.
>>
>>27665417

My father was abusive to my mother. This was up until I was one year old then she left him and got a divorce. I don't remember any of it obviously because I was so young, I really couldn't stand hearing people yell, especially parents, but it made sense when I found out what sort of person my father was. Other than that it was my mom, my brother, and I. They'd fight a lot. My childhood wasn't terrible like some people here and in this thread, but there weren't very great memories when I think back about it. I didn't have any friends so I just played SNES all day.
>>
Yeah. Growing up in a dysfunctional family lowers IQ by up to 8 points. Sad man.
>>
File: 1445722487353.jpg (112 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445722487353.jpg
112 KB, 600x600
>>27665432
This

>tfw Dad is a Former Chad
>Tfw Sister takes after him
>tfw you take after you absolute autist mother
>>
File: 19924294.gif (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
19924294.gif
1 MB, 1024x768
>>27665807
>still flinch whenever i hear loud noises or if someone raises their hand towards me

Same, Anon. Have this gif to cheer you up.
>>
File: 1455862324372.jpg (60 KB, 218x403) Image search: [Google]
1455862324372.jpg
60 KB, 218x403
>>27665807
>>27666127
iktf

whenever I hear people angrily yelling I get really tense, even if it's just a movie or something
>>
>Mom was depressed and schizo, had severe migrains
>Dad was extremely hyper for no fucking reason
>Dad aso frequently did drugs. shrooms, coke, and binge drank a lot
>Parents break up, ive with mom because of fucked up court
>Have to learn how to do most house duties including cooking and laundry for my brother
>Move back in with mom
>Dad gets a new girlfriend/fiance
>She drinks a lot, does drugs and has two nigger fucking degenerate whores for daughters
>Niggers and drugs always at the house, dad's clean now though
>Dad loses his shit one day because of no respect, goes fucking apeshit
>Ends up going to prison
>stepmother gets title of house, kicks me out at age 18 with no car or nowhere to live
I fucking hate that bitch, if i ever do an hero im taking her with me.
>>
Anyone else start crying right after talking with parents on the phone, for whatever reason?

Something about hearing their voices makes me really tense and then suddenly tear up and it's like I just need to be alone in my room and I can't work for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else know this feeling?

I also agree with this >>27666413
100%.

My parents never even divorced or anything though, it was just the constant, constant threat that they were going to do so for my entire life that kept me on edge.
>>
>>27666801
Im >>27666788
I know that feeling. I tear up talking to my mom on the phone (which is rare nowadays.)
Mainly for the reason thath er life is so horrible she can't even function like a normal human being and she's in extreme poverty. Every time i talk to her something worse has happened. I honestly wish she would peacefully die so she wouldn't be so miserable al lthe time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.