[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Yr0DE9E.jpg (79 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Yr0DE9E.jpg
79 KB, 1280x1024
>tfw best friend got diagnosed with schizophrenia (schizoaffective disorder to be specific)
>tfw having normal conversations are becoming harder and harder every day
>tfw seeing her talking to her hallucinations is heartbreaking and scary
>tfw she says she hears "me" talking to her and insulting her
>tfw her medication doesn't seem to be making a difference
>tfw I've been emotionally dependant on her for the past 5 years and she's been the most supportive person in my life
>tfw I'm losing her
She's the most selfless and sweetest person I've ever met. This is killing me so much to see her go through this, but I know it's much worse for her. She had apparently been experiencing visual hallucinations for 3 years now but refused to tell anyone because "then they would become real". I only found out a couple months ago when she had one while we were on the phone and she started talking to "someone" and uncontrollably sobbing. In the past couple months they've become much more vivid and frequent and she started experiencing auditory hallucinations as well. What do I do guys?
>>
>>27664784
That's terrible, but she is in treatment, just make sure to tell her to tell her doctor the truth about what's happening so they can find the right meds. Besides that, just be there for her, don't abandon her even if it seems difficult to endure.
>>
>>27664848
>don't abandon her even if it seems difficult to endure
I couldn't do that to her, she means everything to me. It just makes it that much harder to watch her go through this
>>
>>27664784

I've been there, brah.

Nothing I can say will help, but I understand.
>>
File: 1431804728767.png (300 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1431804728767.png
300 KB, 562x437
>Being friends with women

christ
>>
>>27665553
yeah yeah, here's your (You)
>>
>>27665636
You're retarded dude. If "She's the most selfless and sweetest person I've ever met" then she's definitely not your friend, and you're in love with her, you're just in the friendzone because your ballsack is tinier than the tits on a 4 year old girl.
>>
>>27664784
>What do I do guys?
There's not much you can do. I lived next to a schizophrenic who refused to take medication and it was hell. Just try to make sure she takes her pills.
>>
>>27665739
Jeez that sounds awful were you close with them?. And that's not an issue so far, but who knows. I'll definitely make sure she keeps up with them
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.