[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YooHoo isn't chocolate milk >There are only 50 states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (488 KB, 1000x1288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
488 KB, 1000x1288
>YooHoo isn't chocolate milk
>There are only 50 states
>Mother Teresa, not Theresa
>Sinbad never played a genie
>Cruella DeVille is De Vil
>Life "was" like a box of chocolates, not "is"
>Mr. Rogers sang It's a beautiful day in "this" neighborhood, not "the" neighborhood
>Looney Tunes, not Toons
>It's "Magic Mirror on the wall", not "Mirror Mirror on the wall"
>Vader said "No, I am your father", not "Luke, I am your father"
>Castro didn't die in 2011
>MLK Jr. wasn't shot at close range with a handgun

>You are living in the Berenstain Timeline
>>
DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg (495 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
495 KB, 1280x720
>>27662926
everythinb you wrote is true
>>
>>27662926
>Mr. Rogers sang It's a beautiful day in "this" neighborhood, not "the" neighborhood

You're trolling, right? It's definitely "the"
>>
>>27662926
>>Castro didn't die in 2011
who believes that he did?
>>
>>27663563
Nope
http://pbskids.org/rogers/songLyricsWontYouBeMyNeighbor.html

Welcome to the Berenstain Timeline, here's you're complementary dose of disbelief
>>
Knew that sijce my sister told me as a kid
No shit
Strange, but theresa is way more common in the us
No duh, it was shaq
Also weird but coup deville, snoop deville etc
When people quote it they say is, since it makes more sense
Well shit, didnt see that one coming.
Common misconception, tiny toon adventures etc
Misquoted
Also misquoted, edited for the trailer and it doesnt make sense out of context otherwise
Never thought thay, but he was usurped by his brother in 2008
Malcom X was though
>>
>>27662926
Congratulations are in order Mr. Sinlaou, you've collapsed another one. But tell me, what do you think this does for you? Where does this path lead?
>>
>>27662926
>>There are only 50 states
The others make sense, but I don't think anybody past age 10 thought there were more or less than 50 states
>>
>MY MEMORY CAN'T BE WRONG! THE WHOLE UNIVERSE MUST BE WRONG!
I hate this reddit shit so much

even as a joke it's not funny
>>
>>27662926
In Lord of the Rings when Gandalf is about to fall to his death, he says "fly, you fools!" not "run, you fools"
>>
>>27663668
yeah

that's a pretty iconic line
>>
>>27663658
It's a meme you dip

robot pls
>>
>Professor X isn't British
>the only movies where zombies eat brains is the Return of the Living Dead
>the Ewoks don't live on Endor, they live on the forest moon of the planet Endor
>Godzilla has never breathed fire
>Bahamut is a fish, not a dragon
>the first Mickey Mouse cartoon was not Steamboat Willie
>>
>>27662926
none of this is shocking unless you're some kind of stupid fucking retard modern day chimp who's knowledge of pop culture comes entirely from family guy and robot chicken
>>
"sex in the city" is now called "sex and the city"
>>
How do I get back to correct timeline and is there even anything left to go back to?
I has a crazy theory that this all relates to ascension. Basically dimentions are being pushed onto each other and getting fused together with every passing of the galactic wave from the galactice core. There will be more fusions occuring in the future so things will become even crazier as time goes on. Hold on to ya butts.
>>
File: xmansion.png (2 MB, 5000x1760) Image search: [Google]
xmansion.png
2 MB, 5000x1760
>>27662926
Any other /x/ crossboarders?

>>27663668
I always thought he said fly, thought I was just mishearing it

>>27663789
I thought Godzilla could breath nuclear beams or something right?

Bahamut is a dragon in Forgotten Realms, I see why people mix that up

This /x/ thread is comfy as fuck
>>
>>27663845
thats fucking dumb, how the hell would a wave in one dimension push all the dimensions together?
>>
>>27663837

holy shit i remember
>>
>>27662926
am i missing something here? what did people think before?
>>
>>27663845
>I once looked at the cover of Steven Hawking's book and now I know physics
>>
I hate this dumb shit.
It's so obviously remembering things wrong. Hell, read the common misconceptions Wikipedia page. The Luke Vader thing and Forrest Gump thing are on there if I remember correctly. Anyone who believes this shit is BEYOND retarded.
>>
>tfw everytime you experience Deja Vu
>>
>>27663837
This was because the show was commonly referred to as

Sex n' the city, people started to think it was in when in reality the n' means and

Literally people not remembering shit
>>
File: Sprout Avatars_BerenstainBears.png (96 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sprout Avatars_BerenstainBears.png
96 KB, 300x300
>>27662926

>Berensta/ein theory

This is retarded as fuck, and I know it's just the result of stein being such a common way to end a name, but it's giving me the fucking creeps.

Thanks a lot dickhead, I was going to go to sleep.
>>
>>27662926

It's "water, water everywhere, Nor any drop to drink", not "water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink"
>>
>>27662926
Am I the on;y one that always knew all this shit?

Except for the YooHoo thing.
>>
The pop culture anomalies are due to countless parodies corrupting the original lines over time. "Hello, Clarice" is a good example.

All the other ones are due to Amerifuck education.
>>
>>27663789
>>the only movies where zombies eat brains is the Return of the Living Dead
this sounds like bullshit. with thousands of zombie movies made i doubt that's true. there has to be some low budget sify movie where zombies have eaten brains.
>>
I was %100 sure that castro had died. I have very vivid memories of news reporting it too.
>>
>>27663882
The wave comes from the galactic core.
>>
>>27664392
There are multiple castros. I don't know which one is ruling and which one died, but I honestly don't give much of a shit.
>>
>>27663919
I dont trust that robot mother fucker.
>>
>>27664464
I trust his physics knowledge about as far as I can throw his mum, and that ain't at all.
>>
>>27662926

Most of these are simple misunderstandings or people confusing one thing for another.

Depends entirely how you define them. You can sorta count Peurto Rico and DC. This is where the idea of 52 states comes from. It's not technically true, but there's some basis to it.

>Mother Teresa, not Theresa

Already knew that.

>>Looney Tunes, not Toons

It was their counter to Merry Melodies. It makes no sense today.

>>MLK Jr. wasn't shot at close range with a handgun

Who thinks this? Might be confusing with Robert Kennedy, who was killed that way around the same time.

>Castro didn't die in 2011

People are confusing him with Hugo Chavez.
>>
>>27663651

>"For any emcee in any fifty-two states. I get psycho killer, Norman Bates

>In the 1970s, which is the era ODB grew up in, Kids were taught that there were 50 states plus Puerto Rico and DC. So, people would just say 52 states.
>>
>>27664392
>I was %100 sure that castro had died. I have very vivid memories of news reporting it too.

Hugo Chavez did die. You are remembering that. Your memories got a little distorted over time and you confused the two.
>>
>>27663789
Steamboat was when he was still Mortimer, right?
>>
>Bailey Jay is a woman
Berenstain
>>
I must have heard it as 52 states when growing up because that's what I grew up thinking, heh.

Canadian here though so it's not like we were taught all them in school..
>>
File: received_10156572092260416.jpg (29 KB, 582x594) Image search: [Google]
received_10156572092260416.jpg
29 KB, 582x594
>the lyrics to that famous vaporwave diana ross song says "it's all in your hands" and not "head".
>>
>>27664769
That's what you get when you slow down a song.
>>
>>27664392
He came pretty damn close to dying in 2006. Even Castro himself is suprised he's alive.
>>
File: 1450678770297.jpg (135 KB, 755x1450) Image search: [Google]
1450678770297.jpg
135 KB, 755x1450
>>27662926
>Portrait of Henry VIII with a turkey leg doesn't really exist
>>
Is this a spoilers thread or something? I'm all up for the learns, but what's this threads purpose? Are we just posting learns?

https://youtu.be/aDAU3SPYFsA
https://youtu.be/dF9V8POmuxg
https://youtu.be/dm_Vv3Q24uQ
http://ageofshitlords.com/why-youre-wrong-about-slavery-in-america/
>>
i dont understand the basis of this thread, really, although it is kind of interesting how our memories sometimes distort things over time and we misremember shit because we are getting more stupid. but if you think theres some supernatural basis to any of it, youre an idiot and you should kill yourself
>>
>>27664947
Shitty maps I think for your picture
>>
File: 1310503191374.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1310503191374.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
>>27662926

Don't forget about Froot Loops, OP!

>>27663563

It's for real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUGJZrR9Jg
>>
>>27665076

It's a lame sort of mystical theory based on people's shitty memories. They posit this as proof of alternate dimentions.

Or that people who half pay attention to things from 20 years ago tend to remember them wrong.
>>
>>27665076
But it's still WEIRD how absolutely fucking consistent it is. Like what are the odds that thousands of people all remember the same things "wrong"?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.