[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel so much pity for the mentally challenged? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 236x214
Why do I feel so much pity for the mentally challenged? I've never had a traumatizing experience with one. I do however try to ignore them when in public. I still feel bad for them though and especially the ones who are vegetables and can't do anything. Does anyone know this feel?
>>
>>27662660
You still have a soul. You don't belong here.
>>
No. You are suggesting they think and feel as you do, which means maybe you feel mentally challenged in a way? They know they are, they just are very simply minded and do not care as much. They do not feel bad for themselves, if that is what you think. They feel like anybody else.
>>
>>27662660
I guess the reason is the fact that we fucked up at some point in our life but they didn't have a chance in the first place maybe that's what gets to you. Also you still have a soul so save yourself before you truly end up here.
>>
File: 60523236.jpg (135 KB, 579x510) Image search: [Google]
60523236.jpg
135 KB, 579x510
>>27662660
I know that feel fampai (pic related)
>>
I don't really pity them but people ragging on them for something they could never possibly change pisses me off to no end. They deserve all the special treatment they get.
>>
The mentally retarded were put on this earth for our amusement.
>>
>>27662710
OP here, Thank you for telling me this I can relate to this somewhat it's just the fact that when they get made fun of they don't know any better which I feel like is good for them because they won't know the feeling but I still feel bad
>>
>>27662739
Exactly I just feel the urge to knock some punk the fuck out when they start bitching about shit like that
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>27662753
That is insensitive. The mentally retarded contribute the same as you or I.
>>
>>27662710
>They do not feel bad for themselves
I've seen them trying to meet the standards of a common person and ending up very upset about their failure.
Unless they're an actual vegetable they can see others around them and understand that they're failing and coming up short in comparison with their peers, even when they don't know why or how badly they're doing.
I even saw a girl with cerebral palsy, blind and jibbering, who very clearly didn't want to be in certain situations. The school decided it would make themselves look nice by forcing her into a play, her shrieks and protests were ungodly.
The propensity to suffer is one of the last cognitive functions to be taken away by disease or birth defect.
>>
>>27662732
tight autism shoes. the memez are real
>>
The short story Flowers For Algernon made me understand some things about mentally challenged people more. I personally think they do feel terrible compared to their peers.
>>
File: k den.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
k den.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>27662660
>people that are born severely mentally handicapped like trisomy 21ers are let to be alive and suffer from whatever mental disability they have without them even knowing
>mfw normies think this is ok and think euthanasia isn't a possible answer to stop their suffering for the better of society and the disabled people
>>
File: game.jpg (148 KB, 1600x958) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
148 KB, 1600x958
R9k, whatz your excuse again?
>>
>>27663044
I agree but I disagree if they can cope and live with what they have let them live. But if they are A. a vegetable B. Unable to cope with it or C. Constantly depressed they should have or the parents should have the options to euthanize them. It's sad but true. I'm just glad I don't have any severe disabilities like down syndrome or some other shit.
>>
OP here again, this is one of the things that gets me also them getting made fun of. I just feel so bad for them. The game was rigged from the start sadly
>>
>>27662728
I meant to reply to you ^
>>
>>27662660
Yea it's normal and it kind of increases if you decide to befriend a crippled person in my case but if you hang out with them your going to learn that they are human too and honestly sometimes huge dicks too. Just everyone has issues of some kind and retarded and handicapped ppl aren't all that different.
>>
>>27662875
He posted a picture of down syndrome kid and said he felt bad for them, I explained to them, they are happy and do not feel bad for themselves. Mentally it is like being drunk all the time, it is not that bad.
Cerebal palsy is a very different thing, and is physical suffering, OP and myself were not speaking of that.
>>
>>27663475
Downsies are really interesting, they often play up their mental illness to manipulate others and are surprisingly socially adept. That's why when you see an actually retarded person on TV or in a movie, nine times out of ten it's somebody with downs.
>>
>>27662660

Guy I knew died last year. Severe fetal alcohol syndrome and a bunch of other shit directly related to his birth mother.

He was raised by foster parents who were never allowed to adopt him because policy here is to try and keep the child with the parents, no matter how fucked up they are.

Consequently, every so often, his life would uprooted and and he would be shipped off to mom. She'd sell his stuff (including his meds), then put him on the street. After a couple of times of this, his foster parents would just kinda keep watch from a distance or neighbor would call them, and then CPS would get involved again.

Foster parents raised him to be polite, but he also had an innate kindness about him. Total sci-fi fan, even though he wasn't always sure what stuff was real. Built him a couple of computers over the years, etc.

He had these flashes of understanding that made me think that if his mom hadn't fucked up his chances, he would've been brilliant. Always pissed me off.

Doesn't matter, though. He was a good guy just like he was. He ended up being close with some kids with special medical needs that ended up dying even younger than he did, and he was a damn good friend to them.

Shook me when he died.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.