[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did this game destroy your life but you dont regret playing it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
did this game destroy your life but you dont regret playing it?
>>
yeah basically

I wish I could take a pill to wipe my memory of WoW and experience it totally fresh again. I will play Legion and hate it
>>
I was too poor to play it. Still am.
>>
>>27660428
nah,my life was already destroyed
>>
>>27660428
I didnt have a life to destroy. Even if i hadnt played it, I wouldn't have been gong out and hanging with my normie friends and dating stacey. This game just gave me some form of escape. It was honestly the happiest time of my life.
>>
I was too poor to afford membership so I never even got to experience it.
>>
It didn't destroy my life, but I still regret having played it. I regret that it's keeping me from ever playing Warcraft 4.

WC3 destroyed my life, but I don't regret having played that.
>>
i wouldn't say it ruined my life, but if i didn't have WoW i would have probably become a pro athlete at some level or at least better equipped for my career.

everything about sports and school was just stress during that time and raiding with my friends gave me some absurd amount of pleasure so there's no surprise that i started sacrificing the other shit to do what was more fun.

what really ruined my life was me being too weak to deal with that stress to begin with, if it wasn't wow it might have been partying in college or relationships. in fact some time after i quit wow i got a girlfriend and spent even less time studying or focusing on productive shit.
>>
Reminder: You played WoW during the same time as The Supreme Gentleman. You might've even fought with/against him.
>>
>>27660428
Most of us even have a life to destroy, If your going to waste your life away on a mmo 2005 WoW was the game
>>
File: breivik.png (744 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
breivik.png
744 KB, 800x600
>>27660777
Perhaps even with Breivik, the board hero of /pol/
>>
runescape for me desu
>>
>>27660428
go back to /v/ fag
>>
File: pepe287.jpg (13 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe287.jpg
13 KB, 400x387
In 11 years I probably have close to around 1000-1200 days of ingame played time through all my characters on retail / private servers. If it wasn't WoW, I probably would have been just playing other games though. Really sucks, cant imagine what my life would look like right now had I spent that time more productively but, I cant say I didn't enjoy / love a lot of my time playing, though there are many bad memories too
>>
File: 1459287747804.png (67 KB, 579x212) Image search: [Google]
1459287747804.png
67 KB, 579x212
>>27660428
No this game did
>>
>>27660428

FFXI was the game that made me fail out of university, but I took up WoW right when the trailer for ZA came out, I don't remember what year

I would also go back and do it all over again, I don't see how parties/normie friendships could ever compare to the whole experience.
>>
>>27660471
>>27660506
I honestly feel bad for you guys.
You definitely missed out.
Welp. You're parents shouldn't have been failures.
>>
>>27660428

no, it did not destory my life, but i still regreat playing it. the only thing it taught me is that i even hate being around other people in video games.
>>
>>27660868

there is no way this is anders breivigs wow character, this is just a wannabe. can you even prove breivig played wow?
>>
>>27660868

oh shit it is breivigs wow charakter. now im a little disgusted
>>
I never played WoW. I pissed my time away on shit like runescape and flash games.
>>
>>27660428
I only played f2p MMOs.
Fuck subscriptions.
>>
runescape f2p was the only option for a 10 year old. Got addicted and didn't play anything else. I feel like a shell of a person.
>>
Runescape ruined my life but i still play it
>>
>>27662751
I'm so pathetic I got addicted to gambling on that game. Games which offer gambling aspects to people under 18 are fucking satan.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 750x1334
>tfw wasted life on both WoW and Rs

Still playin wow pserver / 2007 rs 12 yrs later
>>
I've been playing since 2006, but it definitely feels like my time with WoW is coming to an end, literally all of my friends quit in the first months of Warlords and I'm only playing now because I like my guild and when it disbands, I'm never coming back. I feel like a bit of a sucker for still playing, but at least I'm only paying for the expansion now thanks to the WoW token.
>>
>>27660868
>frost mage
all of my respect for him is gone
>>
luckily i was too shit at the game to get addicted to it, still spent a good 4 years playing it. if i wouldve been any good at PvP i wouldn't have left my room. i had too many anger problems at the time, I went through 7 mouses and 3 keyboards and numerous head injuries.
>>
>>27662820

Quit during early Wotlk. That expansion really killed the game.
>>
>>27660428
pretty much
spent my entire teenage years from 12-17 playing this game instead of making friends, experimenting and experiences new things and having sex

don't really regret it though
vanilla and tbc were fucking amazing, wrath was bretty gud and early cata was fun
>>
>>27660428
i never had a life to begin with. dont regret playing it cuz the pvp was fun as well as some raids. prolly will never play it again though
>>
>>27662792
>glory
>c boots
>but he has a hasta

wtf are u doing? some wildy slayer task or something?
>>
Shit like this throws me into a regret spiral, thinking about all the time I've wasted. Then I go on the old familiar fantasy of traveling my mind back in time. I expect I've just forgotten how horrible it was to be a kid, and that this sort of entertainment was an essential part of not going insane, but I think I probably could've gone without a few thousand hours of grinding in games and reading game-related material.
>>
>>27660466
>tfw you will never walk through the valley of heroes for the first time ever again
>tfw you will never team up with another player to take down hogger for the first time ever again
>tfw you will never get ganked in stranglethorn vietnam and call in reinforcements and eventually start an all out war for the first time ever again
>>
I don't know what to say. I should be in bed right now sleeping. But my story with WoW is something you may hear from time to time. I moved away with parents into a very faraway cut place in which i was alone and was bullied non stop, sometimes harassed by other kids. Parents didn't give a fuck which was weird, I wouldn't say anything.

Spent the time on my druid, the moment I opened that game I forgot all about my problems. The music, the people, the world, the monsters. I would get beaten up, then go back home and play that game like nothing happened.

People say that it was wasted time, what I say is that the people I met there, didn't just stay my friends to this day, but also helped me in so many ways. Even though I played from 13 to 18 but the people there were mature and would just sit down and talk and chill together after raids and stuff.

Anyway, Wow is the best time I had in my life, been to so many places since then and when the nostalgia hits me sometimes at night, I wish I could go back to being a kid and play Wow like there's no tomorrow.

I tried recently but I just can't anymore.

God bless fucking Blizzard
>>
File: 8miCnaR.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
8miCnaR.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1200
>>27660428
This game is basically the reason i never killed myself. Provided me with an escape into such an amazing fantasy world.
https://youtu.be/4n6WP9qHyRM

Thanks blizzard.
>>
File: 1454828583211.png (29 KB, 398x394) Image search: [Google]
1454828583211.png
29 KB, 398x394
>there are poeple who found a wife in wow
>>
File: 1458097705387.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1458097705387.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
i wasn't fucking doing anything else anyway

i still miss it sometimes, the new expansion will be an excuse to try it and remember why i dont play anymore
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.