[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIV cure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: hivcure.jpg (251 KB, 1071x795) Image search: [Google]
hivcure.jpg
251 KB, 1071x795
source: foxnews

>Cure for HIV reportedly 3 years away

Just why? Why do they even bother with this? HIV only is a problem for the worst normies who have tons of unprotected sex and inject drugs. You could say its a revenge for their careless normie lifestyles.

All that money and research time could have been spent on fighting cancer instead, which actually claims lives of innocent people, kills fathers, mothers, children. People who have done nothing to deserve it.
>>
>kills niggers
>kills junkies
>kills fags

HIV did nothing wrong
>>
>>27658958
HAHAHA they did it because they hate fags and the ones who pass away in the next few years will die with the tortuous knowledge that they almost made it.
>>
>>27659000

Trips confirm HIV for humanity's best purifier of degeneracy
>>
>Just why?

Money
>>
Can't wait to finally be able to strugglefuck submissive bottoms bareback without a single worry. This will open up a whole new world for horny fags like me
>>
Cancer can't be cured anyway. At least until we developed intelligent microdrones the size of a blood cell which will eventually get out of control and kill all of humanity.
>>
>>27659195
There's still herpes, genital warts and other annoying stds that won't kill you but are hard to get rid of.
>>
Well that leaves hep c as breeder's gift.
Hopefully it's all bollocks because spreading aids was literally one of the best things a man can do.
>>
This whole place is trash. If a disease that targeted older white straight males that shit would've been cured in weeks.
>>
>>27659294
>>>tumblr
leave now, please.
>>
>>27659322
I've been NEET longer than you've been alive you 18 year old shit. License to post on this board doesn't include a requirement to be as politically backwater as the rapists in Deliverance.
>>
>>27659294
>what is heart disease
>what is alzheimers
>what is prostate cancer
>>
>>27659461
>Alzheimer's
>only effects old white folks
>kekkekekek
>idiota
>>
>>27659630
so the white man is infact so evil that while he could cure these diseases that are universally horrible to everyone, himself included, he chooses not to because seeing nonwhites suffer from the same disease he does fills his shriveled white male oppressor heart with glee?
>>
>>27659195
See? HIV cure caused this.
>>
>>27659294
>what is male pattern balding
>>
>>27659630
>HIV
>doesn't AFFECT old white folks
>>
>>27659241
But with Viekira, Harvoni, and Zepatier out now Hep C is pretty much cured.
>>
>>27658958
Why cure HIV? Let the homos disintegrate
>>
>>27659000
It killed Asimov
>>
>>27659224
Yea, not to mention some twinks got fucked so hard their ass prolapse permanently.
>>
Sooo how exactly are they gonna target the correct cells and genes?
>>
>>27658958
>foxnews
There's never going to be a cure unless you find a different source anon
>>
>>27660412
Will you do that to me anon??
>>
>>27661146
Jesus Christ. Anon don't say that about OP. Now we have to track OP down and force him to look at a different source or we won't ever get a cure. What if it mutates now and becomes airborne.
>>
>>27661146
Here's the real paper
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep22555

Not gonna pretend I can analyze its feasibility.
>>
>>27661256
Anything's more trustworthy than fox news
>>
>>27658958
>All that money and research time could have been spent on fighting cancer
Why? Cancer is nature's way of thinning out the population and getting rid of those with inferior genetics.
>>
>>27661327
So you mean getting rid of us? I don't wanna die just because I am antisocial, depressed, paranoid, and anxious.
>>
>>27658958
I'm South African. You know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about. I do actually give a fuck about people since I have to watch them suffer from things other than obesity and back pain. It's all great talking tough when the worst you see of AIDS is some fag with ballons in a pretty hospital. Acting as if you're so much better than everyone else, when in reality you too much of a coward to face what's going on around you. Hell, you can't even survive over there. At least when I break and stay indoors, I've got a reason.

Don't have medical attention or neetbux over here either. Stay first-world you fucking pussies
>>
>>27659425
Whatever you say, pops
>>
>>27661256
>Not gonna pretend I can analyze its feasibility.
Basically they're using a thing that acts similarly to viruses (like HIV) to inject DNA into cells using a method that allows them to target cells with specific DNA, like HIV. So if you imagine you're infected with HIV and it's spread all over. They inject you with their own manufactured virus which targets and kills HIV.

It's very impressive and I had no idea that med-science was this crazy. Sounds like sci-fi to me.

But I'm concerned because reading about CRISPR it seems like they're only replacing 20% of what was intended. Like if you did a search and replace in DNA you'd only replace 20% of what you searched for. But I don't know what effects this would have on HIV infected cells. If it's a negative impact in some way it won't grow more of the virus anyway. So you could probably outlive it.

>>27661661
HIV isn't the worst thing plaguing these regions. It's stuff like malaria. It's a completely curable disease. But since it's so rare in "countries that matter" (OECD mainly). No effort is being made to bring the prize down to save people in these countries.

The best way to stop African suffering short term is literally stop breeding. It's pretty awful. But Bill Gates foundation realizes this so they're focusing on family planning and such things. I love them because they're actually taking a rational approach to things rather than following whatever would seem more politically beneficial (spending more billions on cancer for instance).
>>
>>27661839
>>27661661
Forgot pic.

Sorry for showing this. You must be fuming.
Current costs for the cheapest treatment is 10-50$ (in the US) over 2 weeks. It has side effects at that price level but you won't die.

Family planning and building infrastructure is still more efficient than paying for malaria medicine though.
>>
>>27658958
Because it's easier to cure than AIDS, which is what HIV turns into.
It's like curing the Black Plague to prevent Leprosy.
>>
>>27661933
More like curing HIV to prevent death. Because that's what it is.
>>
>>27661976
Yeah. HIV gives you AIDS if you don't keep it in check, then you die.
>>
>>27662013
Yeah but the black plague doesn't cause leprosy as far as I know. So I don't get the analogy at all really.
>>
>>27662092
Then why did Leper Colonies skyrocket during the Dark Ages?
It's fucking rudimentary.
>>
I hope it gets developed soon so if I manage to get a chance to lose my virginity I don't blow it away by not knowing how to use a condom.
>>
>>27662252
When you take the condom out, it's shaped like a nipple.
What you do is pinch the side that pokes out and hold it to the head of your dick.
Then, you roll it open along your dick.
>>
>>27662333
Foreskin turns this into rocket science.
>>
File: DayZMod.jpg (785 KB, 1800x1713) Image search: [Google]
DayZMod.jpg
785 KB, 1800x1713
>>27658958
I have trained for this day.
>>
>>27662597
It's a cure anon.
>he's implying he's gonna shoot people who would die of aids normally
Oh. Rude
>>
File: 34895h34s.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
34895h34s.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>27662637
No im implying its going to trigger the zombie apocalypse
god damnit anon
>>
>>27662656
>trigger the zombie apocalypse
Yeah ok that makes more sense.
>>
>>27658958
>HIV only is a problem for the worst normies who have tons of unprotected sex and inject drugs.
There are people born with HIV, and it's a major problem in the third world.
Most drug addicts and casual sex fanatics already live normally with HIV anyway, if you can afford decadence you can afford first world AIDs meds, so a cure won't be depriving "the wicked" of their "just punishment" or whatever you believe it to be.
>>
>>27661256
It's pretty easy once tou get past the language.

They use a system to clip parts of viral DNA, and they made it not work while also providing future immunity to the cells it was applied to.
>>
>>27659425
nigger

376U2F7
>>
File: Dil.png (39 KB, 910x277) Image search: [Google]
Dil.png
39 KB, 910x277
>>27661181
>not doing it to yourself
>>
>>27661297
Okay Hillary
>>
File: Ascaris_infection.jpg (36 KB, 575x385) Image search: [Google]
Ascaris_infection.jpg
36 KB, 575x385
>>27661661
I'd worry more about your intestinal parasites, third-worlder.
>>
>>27661839
>>27661883
Hey thanks anon, glad someone knows what's going on. Population growth is a massive issue, as well as infrastructure. Besides the incompetent maintenance, most of it was built for resource extraction during the colonial era, which was the only thing left behind. Don't forget lack of skilled labour and no education. That and no capital for agriculture means no crops. Oh, and drought!

Thankfully we are a small belt that doesn't suffer from malaria. But everywhere north... It's malaria. Everything is malaria. Everyone is shit scared of it, and drugs are hit and miss these days unless you buy that really expensive one. You know, the one for foreigners?

>>27661933
Ask ex-president Thabo and he'll tell you HIV doesn't cause AIDS, that it's a myth. Just what we needed.

Then again, incumbent President Zuma raped an HIV positive woman... but it was okay because he took a shower afterwards.

>>27662729
That's why we give out massive courses of ARVs to stop pregnant mothers passing HIV on to their kids. But then mama dies soon afterwards and the country is filled to bursting with AIDS orphans.

>>27663026
Bilharzia my kaffir. Breaks out in the north.
>>
>>27658958
Same deal as contraceptives, it was a great idea and a noble cause, but there is a lot that can backfire. Like, it has its health benefits and all, but good and easy times are a degenerate making machine.
>>
>>27659195
> without a single worry
Just because chelation therapy existing for mercury and heavy metal poisoning, doesn't mean it's a good idea to drink mercury.
>>
>>27659170

Current HIV treatment
>you take something like 3 different pills at the same time for the rest of your life
>suppresses viral load to undetectable levels, CD4 cell count dieoff is nearly halted
>if treatment is started early enough you can expect to live a full life expectancy

HIV "cure"
>take it once, you're cured for HIV for forever, no need to take it continuously

One treatment vs multiple pills you need to take for the rest of your life or else it'll come back.

Which one do you think makes more money?
>>
>>27659294
Are you saying the smartest people are older straight white males?
>>
>>27662729
>it's a major problem in the third world.
NOBODY CARES
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.