[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't forgive my parents for letting me stay a NEET. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12
File: n.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1354) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1354
I can't forgive my parents for letting me stay a NEET. I was a NEET for 3 years! I then forced myself to get a job and moved out. I used to stay in my room doing nothing but shit posting. And playing vidya, and watching movies. The change came after watching the anime series "Welcome to the NHK." The ending is what got me. He concluded that being a hikikomori is a luxury. That if your basics, food and shelter are not met, you have no choice but to work. I then broke free from the evil chains of inactivity and went out to work. I had to go and beg for a menial job and it took much work to get it. And I was so grateful. People who always had work do not appreciate it. They complain about having to work at 5 am, or commuting 4 hours. They are just spoiled.

But so was I, my parents let me rot in my room for 3 years. Precious years wasted. I hate them for it. When I confront them they say that I was 18 and adult and did my own choices. But I disagree, age means nothing. If one is drunk or senile he is in a special state which makes him vulnerable. Being a NEET and having your basics secure is the same, is it not? Perhaps you need to have experienced being a hikikomori to get this.

Should I stop seeing my parents cause they hurt me so? Or should I forgive them?
>>
No, you were an idiot for abandoning the NEET life, you dumb wage cuck.
>>
File: dear diary.jpg (179 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
dear diary.jpg
179 KB, 500x532
>should I continue to hate my parents because they were willing to support me
>>
*sighs*

Your parents were only supporting you the best they could. It's not like there is a parenting college that they can go to and learn this stuff at.

Congrats! You've broken out from the cycle of self-destruction that many of the faggots here will never escape.

Forgive them for them allowing you to have those years, because they did it out of love for you anon. Move on and continue to succeed.
>>
What do you do for work? I ask because it's kind of hard to find jobs that don't require a degree which also pay well enough for you to be able to support yourself.
>>
>>27658925
if you weren't proud of that realization you wouldn't have posted all that shit and if you're parents hadn't facilitated the neet life you'd be the unenlightened wageslave you mock in your post.
its funny. our generations will probably be the pushiest in decades out of unfounded regret.
>>
>>27659096
>Congrats! You've broken out from the cycle of self-destruction that many of the faggots here will never escape.

He was just a closet normie all along. He didn't break out of anything.
>>
>>27659193
Keep telling yourself that mate. Keep letting yourself sink further and further into the abyss.
>>
>3 years

cute
>>
>>27659128

I work at a warehouse. They always need workers, especially for mornings.
>>
>>27659271
You don't know shit about me faggot, and you have no idea what the abyss looks like.

So fuck off.
>>
>>27659456
Mate, I've stared down the abyss of a rifle I pointed at myself at one point.

Can't get any more abyss than that.
>>
Sorry you had shit parents and had to learn the hard way. If they really cared about you they would have kicked you out right after graduation but given you enough money to start off.
>>
>>27659456

OP here. I know the Abyss, the dark rotting prison. The nightmare that wont end. The clutches that will not let you go.

It is possible to escape, to break free. The thing you need most is hope.
>>
>>27659484
Apart from the fact that you're a lying piece of shit, it can get more abyss than that.

You can be dead.
>>
You got out of NEET life all on your own anon that is something to be proud of. You shouldn't spoil that by hating your parents. It seems petty to just stop seeing your parents.
>>
>>27659555
>The thing you need most is hope.

Hope is not real. Just like love and all the other bullshit things that Hollywood puts into people's heads.
>>
>>27658925
>He concluded that being a hikikomori is a luxury. That if your basics, food and shelter are not met, you have no choice but to work.
I learned that from the show in the same way too. Such a great show.
>>
You're an absolute idiot OP, I hate the world and I am dropping out of college to peruse the NEET life willingly.

When you have to wake up at 6 AM every day, work at a useless job until 5 PM, get a measly three hours to yourself and then repeat the task over, every single day, just to watch 90% of your paycheck go toward taxes and bills, you'll wish you could go back to being a NEET.

I look forward to seeing you make a thread in 6 months, complaining about work.
>>
>>27659602
If hope and love aren't real. Then doesn't that mean depression and hatred aren't real either? What makes those things not real compared to hurting?
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (83 KB, 800x636) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
83 KB, 800x636
I know the abyss fellas. My gf is away for the next 6 weeks.

Mfw
>>
>>27658925
>I can't forgive my parents for letting me stay a NEET

They never forced you to choose that path, you were the one that chose it yourself; you were and are an adult, take responsibility for your decisions.
>>
>>27658925
Now better make up for the wasted years by pushing boxes around, nothing like being a cog in a machine to make life worthwhile!

Fucking failed normies. "Oh this NHK anime showed me the light, I contribute to society now". You are a fraud, a normie wageslave.
>>
You're completely right, only thing is all you missed out on was working like a slave. The NEET thing is only for upper middle class and above kids with parents that can support them like that. Most people cannot be NEETS, they literally have to work to survive after high school. We were spoiled.
>>
>>27659689
Tell me, what is hope?

To me it is a naive expectation that somehow your life is going to be better than it is now.

Which, as you know, is delusional, because life is never going to get better than it was when you were a kid. You're going to grow old, you're going to work your whole life to make money, and your going to die from old age or disease.

Tell me, where is hope in this picture?

And love. What is love? Love is just "What women can get out of you in a set period of time", and they are always looking for the next best thing, and when they get it they will throw you out like the disposable trash you are.
>>
>>27659665
>Wanting to be a NEET
You're so fucking stupid. Not everyone chooses that life and the few that have it exaggerate it because it's a very very lonely life. Don't be stupid anon college is stressful but necessary and this is literally the one time in your life where you need to man up and just fucking do it.
On a side note OP good on you don't hate your parents though. Guess what they did a good job if you're smart enough to realize your life was stagnating and going nowhere they raised you with common sense and the ability to support yourself. You should forgive them and keep moving forward with what could be the start of a very promising and fruitful future keep putting in the work man.
>>
Btw getting your first job is a lot like getting your first gf and losing your virginity. The longer you wait, the worse off you're going to be. And the employer is going to want to know why there is a gap in your resume just like a girl is going to wonder why you;re in your 20s and kiss her like a shy middle school boy. You can't hide from the real world your whole life. Btw once you get a job and some exp under your belt its easy to find another.
>>
>>27658925

>Bloohoohoo someone didn't force me not to do what I wanted to do, so now it's their fault I did it

Are your parents also at fault for not making you learn the piano and making you become a pianist prodigy?
Or that they didn't pay bullies in your school to beat you up till you toughen up and become a millionaire mma fighter?
>>
>>27659869
Not the OP but I'm 27 now, and I haven't had a job in 5 years, and I haven't had a GF in the same period of time, so I'm fucked anyway.

Gonna hang myself soon.
>>
>>27659828
You didn't answer me though, I'm not saying you're wrong about it being delusional in hindsight yeah it could very well be delusional but what makes being depressed not delusional?

> You're going to grow old, you're going to work your whole life to make money, and your going to die from old age or disease.

First tell me what is bad about this?

I'm sorry that's what love means to you anon. It means different for me but I rather hurt than love.
>>
>>27659847
>You're so fucking stupid. Not everyone chooses that life and the few that have it exaggerate it because it's a very very lonely life.

I believe that being a NEET is different from being a hikikomori. A NEET could be a playboy who travels the world and fucks women in his mansion.

A hikikomori is someone stuck in a whirlwind of despair, procrastination, and decay.
>>
>>27660036
>First tell me what is bad about this?

I didn't say what was "bad" about it, I asked you what were "hope" is.

If you are going to live a shitty life working, and growing old, and then dying from a shitty disease or old age, why the fuck not just end it right away?

Do you like the thought of lying on your deathbed mired in pain because of some cancer?

There is no hope. Deal with it.
>>
>>27660057
>NEET vs Hikikomori.

Come on Anon, we both know that anyone posting here is going to be the latter.
>>
>tfw 20 year old uni dropout neet
>that feel when ancient parents (65y/o dad, 59y/o mum) might be too dead to support me in the future

you older neets should be thankful that your parents aren't figurative grandparents
>>
>>27659326
This, my parents have let me live this life for my entire life

All I know of normie life is from TV
>>
>>27659271
>>27659456
>>27659484
Cringed fairly hard reading this shit.

Are you two 16?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (39 KB, 452x308) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
39 KB, 452x308
>>27659739
>parenting has no effect on the child
>>
>>27660253
Do you really think I give a shit what makes you cringe?

What is this? Tumblr with their triggering?

Fuck off you stupid fucking niggerkike.
>>
File: 1310444248194.png (90 KB, 242x246) Image search: [Google]
1310444248194.png
90 KB, 242x246
>>27660253
>>27660278
Laffo, I fucking glad more than anything in this life that I never fell into the cycle of you poor fuckers here.
>edgy racism
>16yo accusations
>giving a shit about tumblr
>>
>>27660326
Nobody invited you.

The door is here >>/out/
>>
>>27659061
Okay memegenerator
>>
>>27660122
I don't deal with this truth by hoping for something else anon.
>Do you like the thought of lying on your deathbed mired in pain because of some cancer?
No, I don't but I like the thought of having people around me to hold me as I die of cancer.

I hope you find "hope" anon
>>
>>27660487
You still haven't answered what this supposed hope is, but you're not going to, because you don't know what it is either.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with working 24/7 it is great for the economy
>>
>blaming your parents for a choice you completely made on your own

I'll never get this meme
>>
>>27660601
>You still haven't answered what this supposed hope is
The promise of dank memes on the horizon fambo.
>>
>>27660601
Because I don't use hope anon for myself. I want things but I don't hope for them. I told you I don't use it to deal with my problems because it doesn't feel good to just hope. Hope is your last option and even then you don't feel comfortable. I only use hope for other people because it's all I can do. Like I hope you find your own "hope" anon, I hope you find a gf and I hope you will be happy. That's what it is for me anon.
>>
>>27660665
So it's the indoctrinated kids' fault their indoctrinated?

It's the parent's job to raise their kid right, if they can't do that right then they should really have no business raising kids
>>
>>27660718
Fair enough.

I don't think hope is real, and now that I'm soon 30 years old, there's nothing left for me but to die.
>>
>>27658925
Nobody is perfect and sure there will be always somebody with better parents, first step that you have to realize that nobody owe you anything, you have to stop trying blame other people for your life, even if they fucked up, its past, now you have to focus how to improve your life, living in past and going back in your memories for endles hours in bed each night before sleep will not fix anything, just trun on your anxiety level.
>>
File: 1453047551944.jpg (38 KB, 625x470) Image search: [Google]
1453047551944.jpg
38 KB, 625x470
Don't fall for the NEET life meme kids. Most neets end up committing suicide before they reach 30. NEET life is the most pathetic life you can imagine, as each hour passes their end draws closer

Seriously if you are in your mid 20s right now and a neet, you can still change, go to a college, get a degree and a job.

For people who are past 25 and neet, just end yourself already. There is no hope for you.
>>
>>27660857
>28
>Got fired twice in a month's time.
>Homelessness soon...

Maybe I should try college again.. Oh fuck me...
>>
>>27660857
>just end yourself already. There is no hope for you.

I am doing that. Don't worry. There will be one less loser in the world soon.
>>
>>27660930
Set up a stream. tia
>>
>>27660981
It will be here:

www.reddit.com
>>
>>27658925
So you are blaming other for you being a worthless occupant of space? You should be glad your parents didn't just kick you out after a few months. No one owes you anything. And now get your shit together or do an hero. Fucking hell OP.
>>
>>27658925
>I then forced myself to get a job and moved out.
Someone please fucking explain how someone can immediately move out after getting a job? I don't get paid jack shit at my workplace, if I tried to live on my own I'd end up losing all my money to high rent.
>>
>>27661142
You can move out immediately after finding a job, but it won't mean that you have anything more than a 2m2 shithole.
>>
>>27661225
That sounds completely irresponsible. Do people forget that in other countries and cultures entire families live together and kids don't move out until they get married?
>>
File: patrick reeeeeeading.jpg (21 KB, 843x833) Image search: [Google]
patrick reeeeeeading.jpg
21 KB, 843x833
>>27658925
>parents helped you out by supporting you and letting you live at home even though you weren't doing shit
>being this ungrateful for it
the least you can do is thank them for letting you live with them as an absolute NEET for so long
or maybe forgive them and show them something to be proud of, like how you got a job, to make them know their efforts weren't in vain
>>
>>27658925

I can relate to these feelings. I wish my parents would have kicked me out on a sink or swim type situation. But I realize I was very difficult and also hopeless.

Did they enable you to do nothing? Sure. But you have to take responsibility for that. It's petty to blame them for it.

Try to let go of the past and take pride in your work. You're out of the NEET life now, be a mature adult and keep friendly but limited relations with your parents if they have mollycoddled you
>>
>>27661263
>implying that amerifats or eurofags would give a shit about anything that's not US or EU
But seriously people here (Eurofag) think they have to move out immediately once they turn 18 so they just take the first thing they can get.
>>
>>27658925
I really have to agree.

My mom loves listening to Dave Ramsey, but she and my dad made/let me earn a worthless degree (something Ramsey says you shouldnt let your kids do), and paid for it. I'd probably be better off financially and professionally if I had just continued working at the grocery store I started working at in high school.
>>
File: kmages.jpg (10 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
kmages.jpg
10 KB, 195x259
>>27661404
normal young men WANT to be independent.

retarded manboys have to be dragged kicking and screaming.
>>
>>27661493
>normal young men WANT to be independent.
Independent means managing your income and making responsible decisions. Where you live is completely irrelevant.
But it's not like you know anything other than the Nuclear debt causing family model.
>>
>>27661555
>Where you live is completely irrelevant.
Nigga plz.

If you're living under someone else's roof you're not independent.

A man needs his own place.
>>
>>27660857

If you can actually afford the NEET life somehow, like if you live in a country with generous social welfare or you have parents who're happy to help, it's far superior.

A NEET doesn't HAVE to let time pass without doing anything. When I started off NEET I did this, I wasted a lot of time doing nothing even though I had planned to do all sorts of things with my free time. I changed this, though. I set myself a daily schedule and a list of things to accomplish each day, and for the most part I stuck to it. I've 'lived' much more than most wagies, especially at the lower levels of employment where the work might be very unstimulating or even mind-numbing.

It's also entirely possible to use your NEET time to gain skills and qualifications that would buffer you against the threat of homelessness or whatever, if that's a risk. Many people would be better off living meagerly in their early 20's, staying at home, and teaching themself some valuable skill by studying 2-3 hours a day, rather than going off every day to a job that leaves you no time for self-improvement, let alone free personal time.
>>
File: o7gwo3_250.jpg (44 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
o7gwo3_250.jpg
44 KB, 240x400
>>27661555
>Independent means managing your income and making responsible decisions.
The invent your own definition of words move.
>>
File: tumblr_ni228p8o9c1tkznzoo1_400.gif (452 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni228p8o9c1tkznzoo1_400.gif
452 KB, 320x180
>>27658925
I'm pissed at my parents for not introducing me to black cock as a child.
>>
>>27661673
You do realize any minute your parents can kick you out of the house or the government can stop giving you neetbux? Neet life is very insecure.

Being a neet is fine for few years but if you want to continue living as a neet your whole life then you are retarded.
>>
>>27658925
Nobody here would care about being NEET if they didn't go on this retarded website

I feel like this board was specifically designed to be mind cancer
>>
File: 1gtxt2.png (19 KB, 1329x203) Image search: [Google]
1gtxt2.png
19 KB, 1329x203
>>27660857
>Seriously if you are in your mid 20s right now and a neet, you can still change

>thinking past 25 is too late
lel
>>
>>27660278

haha this 2bh

wish normals would just fuck off
>>
File: joo81.png (170 KB, 315x344) Image search: [Google]
joo81.png
170 KB, 315x344
>>27662248
>I feel like this board was specifically designed to be mind cancer

No. Of course there aren't people who are paid to post this type of topic on here to make people more depressed to zap them from their creativity. They might put their efforts into something productive like finding Berg's offshore accounts or historical secrets.
>>
>>27658925
>When I confront them they say that I was 18 and adult and did my own choices.
they are correct. shut the fuck up you lazy shit
>>
>>27658925
...OP, you have to realise it was your own fault...
forgive them and forgive yourself.
>>
>>27659412
>I work at a warehouse. They always need workers, especially for mornings.
How hard it is? I live 3 minutes away from a vending machine warehouse, so I'm guessing it's just filled with stuff that goes in the vending machines. I figure I would be slow and end up getting fired pretty quickly.
>>
Yeah I never understood how some parents just don't care that their child locks themselves in their room for months or years at a time. I was forced to go NEET for a year due to mental illness but I had to pretend to my parents I was going to university during that time, or I would've been constantly bothered.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.