[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urban Exploration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15
File: Urbex2013.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Urbex2013.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
Hey fellow robots! So I saw a thread yesterday that got pretty popular about urban exploring. A lot of people were sharing stories and pics of their journeys.

I also saw quite a few people that were urbex virgins that wanted to start doing it but weren't sure how to. That got me thinking. My friend and I have been pursuing this hobby since we were around 11 years old. We are 22 now and still going strong! We talked it over and we decided that we want a solid crew of likeminded people to urban explore with us.

We know of dozens and dozens of places that we have explored already and hundreds more that we haven't! So to get this rolling, we are looking for people 18+ (Most of our treks take place in the middle of the night and the last thing we need is someone underage getting busted for curfew.) You have to be in shape. We are not looking for 300 pound spergs. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, it's just that we hike for miles and miles in pretty rough terrain to get where we are going and I know overweight people probably can't do that. Another must is that you know the risks or urban exploration.

Methheads/cops/getting hurt on site/tresspassing are some of the dangers. I personally have never had issue with any police and have never seen any homeless people/methheads on site.

We are located in the 44077 area of Painesville, Ohio and do most of our exploration within 80 miles with some exceptions. So if you really want to start urban exploring and you fit the criteria and live close, please fill this out.

>Age
>Area code
>Email address (throwaways are fine, I just need to be able to contact you.

And that's it! Urban exploration is one of the best hobbies out there for the modern day explorer. You get to go to places that haven't had human contact in a long time. You learn some history about the places you go. I really look forward to hearing from you guys! Hopefully we can get a r9k urbex group going!
>>
Lovely idea

shame i am from the UK :(
>>
>>27658546
I've heard that Uk has some amazing castles and hospitals to explore. I would love to go there some day
>>
>>27658880
Was at Harperbury Mental Asylum on easter sunday with a group of people. Had to hide inside one of the buildings on site as security came in with his dog, they were no more that ten feet away from finding us when they turned away, left the building and fucking locked us in on their way out.

We moved a fridge over to the wall and i had to climb out of a first story window, drop down and go round to free my group.

Shit was like a fucking videogame.
>>
>>27660408
Haha nice. Sounds like a damn good time
>>
File: wojak hoodie backpack.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
wojak hoodie backpack.png
64 KB, 507x540
>>27658193
>go urban exploring in my city
>only find a dark void in my sense of self-worth
>>
File: DSCF5498.jpg (314 KB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5498.jpg
314 KB, 4608x2592
South London here, this is a nice church near me.
Hit up an abandoned school in Kazakhstan last December
>>
>>27660631
Looks like it is still in great condition! Most of the places in Ohio are falling apart sadly
>>
Georgia anyone? orig
>>
File: 20160128_155018.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160128_155018.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Long island urbexfag from last night here. I live right down the road from an abandoned hospital. Have thousands of pics of different places I've been to. Willing to Share pics and experiences.
>pic related
>>
>>27660674
>Most of the places in Ohio are falling apart sadly
We have like two winters every year in ohio man. all that freezing and thawing causes those abandoned buildings to fall apart fast as shit.
>>
>>27658193
Based anons you should come up to michigan and explore Hamtramck with me
>>
>>27660707
Do it! I love hearing stories from other urban explorers!
>>
Urbex on LSD is my favourite. Plus meth heads can be less aggressive if you are tripping, they know you're not a cop, mean them no harm and probably have nothing of value.
>>
File: 1412893760318.jpg (71 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
1412893760318.jpg
71 KB, 1300x957
id rather stay home get high and pretend like I went somewhere cool
>>
>>27660881
I understand that completely. I'm not trying to make people do this. This is strictly for people that want to get into the hobby and want to make some close friends. If you are in any way interested and live close I could take you to a place that has no risk (property is owned by a family friend.) I know it may seem like a giant risk and not worth it, but urbex gives me the motivation to live. Without it I don't know where I would be.
>>
Only thing I ever found to explore around here (UNC) was the football stadium. One day there was something going on where they left the doors unlocked, so I went in and explored around the restricted areas.
Everything was unlocked but there wasn't that much to see. I went in the player locker rooms, and walked around the broadcasting booths. There were some people in them so I didn't see all of it. Then I went down to where the ESPN cameras are, which were still there, and saw all the wiring and shit. Probably could have stolen something really valuable but I didn't. Then I went to the other side of the stadium where the VIP lounges were. There were lots of comfy couches and a public fridge and free snacks and etc.
Eventually I explored it all and decided to chill out in the VIP lounge until my next class. This was all in the middle of the day btw. A fat gruff guy ended up walking into there, maybe I was on camera idk. He starts telling me off, "This is not a public area, what do you think you're doing here? Do you just make it a habit of going where you're not supposed to? How did you even get in here? You know there are cameras everywhere, we will be able to see exactly what you did!" literally shouting in my face. I told him, "This is a public building on a public university that I attend. The doors were unlocked and there are no signs anywhere telling me not to enter, and I've done nothing illegal, so I don't really care." He got really pissed and I just walked away to the exit as he was yelling something about checking the tapes
>>
Not trying to discourage you or anything.
but, I seriously wonder, Has anyone ever died from doing urbex?
Well I guess if they had... they'd probably be undiscovered... Dark thought indeed...
>>
File: dbman.jpg (86 KB, 450x462) Image search: [Google]
dbman.jpg
86 KB, 450x462
>>27660674
Yeah it's great, not even any graffiti.
Fun fact: it's the chapel of a mental asylum David Bowie's brother was treated in, which is the building on this album cover
>>
>>27661042
Good thing you didn't nick a camera eh lad
>>
File: 20160323_145201.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160323_145201.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27660828
Suck at story time but heres a fin Lil story of my second time getting caught.
>be me
>last year
>my friends and I are chilling at pic related and its around 11pm
>smoking blunts and drinking beers, the usual
>see cops roll up and park where we need to leave
>fuck it well wait it out
>go inside
>friend picking at broken glass
>"yo guys I cut my hand."
>"oh how bad could it be?"
>shine light on it for a split second and blood is everywhere. Squirting out of his hand like a fucking fire hose
>"let's get the fuck out of here"
>proceed to leave and forget about the cops
>"FREEZE!"
>cops go through the usual cop shit, lemme see your ID, what are you doing, etc.
>friend hops in ambulance and goes to hospital
>funny thing is the same cop that caught me the first time caught me again almost exactly a year later. Apparently he never patrols around this area except these two times
>we later go to court and it all worked out in the end.

Shitty story telling I know.
>>
>>27661060
Most likely people have. I have never personally heard of anyone dying, but there has to be some people that have. It is a growing hobby with adventurous people that are risk takers. all it takes is one floor to collapse,one ladder to break, someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is why I am looking for people that understand the risks. This is a dangerous hobby. The only injury I have personally gotten was stepping on a nail in a chemical plant that went through my foot. A lot of the places I go to are patrolled by police/security guards. There is always a risk of being caught but it is something that I accepted long ago.
>>
>>27660408
I know yuro and aussies call the second level of a house the first floor, but it's still funny reading about how you dropped out a first story window. In North America that's about a four foot drop.
>>
>>27661130
>Going to court for being in an abandoned building
land of the free
>>
I used to urban exploration
>>
>>27661130
Looks like a really cool place to explore. I don't personally smoke weed or drink while urban exploring except for a factory on family property. It's risk enough trespassing but adding on drug use is just bad news. Ohio cops are assholes and will do whatever it takes to see you go away for the smallest amount of pot.
>>
File: 20151230_214825.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151230_214825.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27661218
Waste of time. So many niggers there for assault charges. And were just four white kids dicking around.
>>
>>27661238
What made you stop? Got any stories?
>>
File: Girvin Landfill Entrance.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Girvin Landfill Entrance.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
I live in Jacksonville FL, had very few urbex experiences because of the amount of homeless we got around here. There's a completed landfill and methane plant that the guys and I used to explore. Once you get to the top you look around and can see the entire city all the way to the beach because the land is so flat. It is the highest place in Jacksonville and very secluded, and the stars there are so clear. Took my hs girlfriend there, shit was cash.

>Even though we were sitting on top of a pile of trash, we felt like the rulers of the world.
>Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures

Did some research and the place closed down in the 80's, and now they're just using it for methane. One specific time the cops showed up so we followed a river (sprinting of course) out and ended up lost and trying to find a way back to the car. Good times.

Pic related; its the entrance
>>
>>27661338
Sounds amazing. There is a factory in Ohio that is 15 stories high and towers the city. I have camped out on the roof and it is just surreal.
>>
File: IMG_7649.jpg (917 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7649.jpg
917 KB, 1944x1296
Urban exploration is the only passion I never lost.
I'm nowhere near Ohio, but my fantasy has always been to have a group of people to explore with. Problem is, I only know like four people in total, and almost all of them flake out at the first sign of risk or danger.
I've always wanted to go into the big city and explore some big tall hotels. Always wanted to climb a tower crane too. Hopefully someday I'll get the chance. I used to read on infiltration.org about Ninjalicious's adventures in Toronto, and that kind of active exploration is what I always wanted but only really tasted once or twice.

Pic was taken inside a very active box-girder bridge.
>>
File: 20160118_161501.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160118_161501.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27661266
I feel you. At this spot you can walk the grounds during day time and cops suck at their job here. So its easy and nighttime its too sketchy with cops.

Also 4th of July fireworks from pic related was amazing
>>
>22
>43605 Ohio
>throw away email [email protected]
>>
>>27661453
It isn't too sketchy at night with cops*****
>>
>>27661471
I will be sending you an email shortly!
>>
>>27661442
Rooftops are some of my best memories. There's a really populated area with lots of restaurants, lights, and people a few miles from my house. Climbing up on the roofs, you can look out over all the people walking. Illuminated by those cheap yellow lights at night, it's incredible. Being the edgy troublesome assholes we are, we shot those popper fireworks out of slingshots and watched the people below us dodge and run.
>>
>>27661871
That honestly sounds like what I did when I was a teen. My friend and I shot m80's into the woods surrounding the building we were in. There is a spotlight on the roof that we got working so we would shine it into the woods and watch the animals run
>>
>>27661338
Friend and I just took a left from some railroad tracks and ended up in one. Do they have those towers with like 20 foot flames?
>>
>tfw Florida
All of the buildings are so new and water level + shitty foundation means no basements, subways, basically nothing underground. I've wandered around some abandoned apartment buildings and hotels before, but man I'm jealous of you northernfags who have those big urban jungles and cavernous subway stations to explore.
>>
>>27662094
Yeah I have never really seen many videos of urbex in the deep south before. A few abandoned banks but that's it =/
>>
Any robots in North jersey?
>>
>>27662255
Nope, left there last year
>>
is there anything good in north dakota? I'm in the grand forks area and I haven't seen , anyone know?
>>
>>27662868
Most likely there is. It's probably a bunch of abandoned farms but what can you expect from North Dakota?
>>
>>27662934
I'd heard that there were alcohol smuggling tunnels under Minot somewhere from prohibition days. Apparently there were also some in grand forks somewhere. Not a whole lot else, though. There weren't any pictures of these anywhere, so I always kind of thought that they were rumors or something.
>>
Lived in Queensland Bris. area,
This was the first place I ever went to was an abandoned nursing home due to the fact my friend needed me for her film project, was interested but the moment I arrived I got hooked into urban exploring. Can't post a photo due to the fact that the file size is too big. Although have a cool story to go along with it though.
>>
>>27663027
Please share! I love hearing about other explorer's stories! It's a giant reason why I love this hobby so much
>>
Explored the Pemco plastic factory that burned down in Glastonbury, CT last week. It smelt like concentrated toxic death since it was literally stacked floor to ceiling with plastic. They evacuated everyone near it, but I didn't find this one out until later. I was in there for like 3 hours and I smelt like burnt plastic for the next 2 days.
>>
>>27660879
The 'crack/meth-heads' meme is fucking stupid. I don't know why people think that homeless drug crazed fiends are patrolling every place that's abandoned. I've never once run into another person and I've been to at least 20 different places. The closest I've ever come is seeing a mattress and some empty bottles in a few buildings.
>>
How do the fuck does one find out sites to go exploring? I live in the middle of the North Carolina sticks and have no idea where any cool abandoned buildings are
>>
>>27663169
theshadowlands.net/places
>>
>>27663169
Search "your state + abandoned". Looking at the site on google earth/google streetview helps a lot, but pay attention to when the photo is from. There's an abandoded factory in Hartford that I checked out on streetview and saw the gate was broken on the other side, but the photo was from 2011. Sure enough, it was fixed and the fences were all repaired, plus they had a private security car patrolling the area.
>>
>>27663118
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miQFqE0UrFo

Even if it isn't common it could still fuck you up
>>
>>27663086
Alright, so since it was my first time urbexing and I was like 16 here's how it went:
>Be me, 16, film &TV student
>Our first assessment project for the year is to make a horror film, have a suggestion to do lost footage urbex but threw it out of the window because didn't know a place.
>Been wanting to urban explore for a long while but didn't know any locations or have in/experienced crew to go with.
>Long friend (lets call her Joanna) tells me she wants me to be in her film project and it'll be in an abandoned burned out location
>Turns out her and her other friend (Call her Tay) have been Urban exloring for a long while (draining, rooftop exploring, all of that)
>So immediately join in eager of the exploration.
>Pack regular gear of hoodie, cycling cloves, bandanna, safety goggles, water bottle, knife
>Now that I looked back at it I probably over packed and the knife was unnecessary but then again I had to lug around my costume and some equipment as well in my bag.
>We meet at a nearby diner and talk it out (what'll be going on in the shoot, exploring, etc.)
>We see the place and it's completely fenced off and the place had some big black marks around the window grates in the exterior front of the nursing home.
>We sneak in through a back way through a creek
>We arrive at a broken in backdoor in a bed of overgrown grass
>>
>>27663224
>Any places listed requires permission to visit or investigate. Many of the places are patrolled by authorities, trespassers will be prosecuted
>>
>>27663272
>implying he didn't fake that video for that sweet youtube money

Me and my shithead friends used to paint pentagrams in abandoned buildings all the time in high school. It's all kids doing it to freak people out.
>>
>>27663272
Lol that video is so staged, no way those black dudes came that close to him and not hear him
>>
>>27663287
Yeah that is a part of the hobby. You learn how to sneak and avoid detection the more you do it.
>>
>tfw live in North Dakota
>tfw have wanted to do urban exploration for years but there are no locations around here.
>>
>>27662090
No big towers in the one I visit. There were some pipes coming out of the ground and pipes that led to a warehouse-looking place nearby. As cool as the towers sound, I'm kinda glad it doesn't have any because it would probably make the stars harder to see.
>>
>>27663276
Cont.
Also forgot to mention Joanna brought two more of her friends for the shoot (Just call them Kathy and Tina)
>So we (Joanna) decided to explore and shoot some photo's before we begin shooting just so we could also get some good spots for the film (Kind of like a location scout).
>So I geared up, got the bandanna on, and we all went inside, what I saw next was absolutely breathtaking
>The entire interior was completely vandalized and destroyed by weather but also a large fire
>So we do some walking around and Joanna and Tay tells us it wasn't their first time going through the place and gives us a brief history lesson on the nursing home.
>Basically the nursing home went into ept and had to be closed, then a fire destoryed the main area of the nursing home, causing the place to be completely shut down forever, it's probably been many years and the place still hasn't been closed down, even now
>Burnt out abandoned nursng home became a hot spot for teens to vandalize, party, drug spot, but also commit suicide (surprisingly)
>Spooked out Kathy & Tina but not me, ended up getting even more hooked in like an overexcited kid.
>So we finish exploring since we've basically covered the entire place and decide to start shooting
>We go beneath the second floor of the building's office area (so basically the pebbled are where all the air conditioner exhaust fans are) and get our costumes on and set up the tech.
>>
>>27663476
Do you have some advice for a complete novice? Really don't wanna fuck up and get caught
>>
>>27663494
True. It's nice for being like, "hey wanna see a huge fire?" wish I had pics
>>
>>27660771
wtf, do you want to die? I've been through Youngstown and Akron, but that shit is legit scary
>>
>>27663169
Look for local news articles about abandoned places.
Drive or walk around looking for places. Follow railroad tracks, either on foot or on google or bing maps (bing has higher resolution images, but google's images are newer). Industrial buildings are more common near railroad tracks and a lot of those end up abandoned. Rivers too.
Also check out the uer.ca public location database.
>>
>>27663513
I do indeed. Usually the safest places are places that are miles away from civilization. An asylum that I go to a lot is in Kirtland, Ohio and is about 2.5 miles into the woods with one small road. Never take the road. Always scout ahead and know the location you are about to go to. Research, most places have been explored and the explorers post their exp on blogs or videos. They will talk about police activity ect.
>>
>>27663501
Cont.
>Basic summary of Joanna's film: Real estate agent checks out abandoned location (for god knows what) and it's haunted by dead evil nurses, he looks around, ghosts find him, tires to escape, get's cornered end.
>So we start doing some establishing shots of me going around looking around, with Kathy, Tina and Tay as the ghosts stalking me, ocassionaly hear some noises off in the distance but brush it off.
>Here's where we get to the climax/rising action
>Just me and Joanna filming a shot of me opening a hallway door, the rest of the girls are off close by in an open room.
>As I open the creaky door the moment we finish the last retake of that action, we both hear some nearby footsteps and some talking
>Fuck it's close, like at the hallway infront of us and it sounds like a fairly large group.
>I try to close the door as quietly as I could but the piece of shit creaked so loudly and I made even more noise by stepping on some glass.
>Panicked and left to where Kathy, Tina and Tay were leaving Joanna by herself, I thought since she'd done this a lot in the past I thought she'd know how to handle this, now that I thought back to it, it was a bad fucking idea.
>Tell the girls to stay in the walls and be as quiet as possible.
>Overhear the hallway door opening, fear for Joanna,
>>
By the way urbex virgins, if you want to watch some videos of urban exploration, there are a lot of good channels. My favorite is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt88E3oDyfviLmKZGnhMcbw?&ab_channel=SmashTVCanada&ab_channel=SmashTVCanada but they have retired.
>>
I've been doing graffiti for years which has taken me to all sorts of abandoned schools, factory's, steel mills, drain tunnels you name it. It can be really cool and creepy but like other anons have mentioned it can be very dangerous/ illegal especially if your caught painting in these places.
>>
>>27663739
I am interested in hearing where this story leads!
>>
>>27658193

Sorry anon but I live in Dayton. I wish we could do some exploring together.
>>
>>27663169
http://www.shothotspot.com/abandoned-places/
Pulls from flickr api, pretty good.
>>
>>27663866
fuck off you worthless tagger
p.s. your "art" is probably shit
>>
>>27660707
kings park is fuckin sweet

good pic
>>
>>27658193
ITT: OP is kill. And wants new "friends" too play with. Top zozzle.
>>
>>27664036
I agree. Taggers ruin urbex for the rest of us. Go tag your train carts, but leave abandoned places alone.
>>
>>27661334
He used too urban explore...untill he took an arrow in the knee.
>>
>>27663739
Cont.
>We hear talking, getting louder, slowly going into arguing.
>Joanna calls us out, and it's safe, the situation went back to normal, turns out they were just a bunch of shitcunt kids, New Zealanders, and twelvies oldest was like 13/4 and youngest was probably 11, three boys one girl (girl was probably leading them, (for my fellow ausbots you'd know that these shits were bad from the start.
>So shitcunt kids heckle us for more locations and ciggys like a bunch leeches, so we brush them off,
>Me and Joanna start shooting again until the eldest shitcunt kid (boy) started spray painting a nearby door, ruined the shot, told them to get out, he yells at us and does.
>We continue shooting for the next three hours going to multiple spots, back and forth, and meeting the kids again when we were walking to another part of the nursing home.
>We're shooting the last part of the film in the main recovery room of the nursing home, dirty, graffiti everywhere, puddles of water and ash, footprints, gurneys strewn everywhere, hell there was even one shoved right through a metal room separator, shit was crazy.
>So we get back to shooting, and it's basically the part where me (the real extate agent) gets cornered by the ghosts and dies)
>We move some gurneys to block the main hallway entrance (where we came in from) to add to the whole trapped effect. (BAD IDEA)
>It was getting dark so we set up some small lighting (and by that just using one LED camcorder light and my flash attatchement)
>As we're shooting we notice the shitcunt kids are walking around out in the open (we saw them from the windows in the room)
>We got worried that they were gonna get us caught but Joanna tells us to calm down and we continue on
>We finish shooting and we hear the shitcunt kids nearby, Joanna and Tay have the great idea to scare them, (since the girls we're dressed up in bloody nurse uniforms) and we all agree
>We all agree
>>
>>27658193
How do noobies get into exploring things like this? What materials would we need?
>>
>>27664040
Thanks anon. Where you from?
>>
>>27664248
At least 2 good flashlights. Good hiking boots. Warm clothes. Plenty of water. A good knife and lockpicking kit. Optional but I always bring a gun. When I explore, I tend to stay there for the weekend so I bring a tent and other camping supplies. Always research the location. Those are some tips I can give you if you are just starting.
>>
>>27664334
Thanks mi familia this is a good start to it.

It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do, especially in a group of friends.
>>
>>27661338
Fellow Jacksonville bro here. I figured there was nothing worth exploring in this city. I'll have to check out this spot.
>>
>>27664197
Cont.
>So we all agree and hide, with me and Tay hiding in the side rooms in the hallway entrance into the room we're in, with me hiding in a private room and Tay in the broom closet across from me.
>So we wait for them to come but all of a sudden we hear loud crashing and some glass breaking, we all immeadiately think one of those shitcunt kids fell through the building floor (nursing home has some structurally unstable parts, mainly where the roof collapsed onto the floor from the fire)
>But then we hear even more crashing and glass breaking, Tay goes into the room I'm in and hides with me telling me that the kids are actually destroying the windows of the building near us.
>We're practically scared and I'm shitting my pants whilst me heart is beating like a speed metal drum solo
>Me and Tay stay in the room, until we overhear Joanna, Kathy and Tina argue with kids yelling at them about what they're doing, we step out of the room and The three of them of back to us with Joanna telling us that we need to pack our shit up and leave NOW.
>So we do just that and we couldn't go through the way we entered so we had to find another way out, we decided we had to go down a flight of stairs in the corner of the buidling where we were in.
We run out and open the door to the stairs and guess what we see, the shitcunt kids breaking the windows and yelling hello.
>We yell at them "What the fuck are you guys doing??" and we argue, they get even more hostile and we decided to leave immediately.
>They run down the stairs (and for some fuck all reason I stayed like a deer frozen in the headlights) looking at the kids.
>I was frozen in fear until one of the kids breaks the window in front of me and the shards hit me, cutting me in the head, I hold it in pain and they stop and ask if I'm ok? as if they just realized what they've done.
>Thankfully however that got me out the trance and i ran down the stairs, I slipped and fell down two flights of stairs
>>
>>27664601
That is why I bring protection with me. Those little shitstains would be bear maced if I was there
>>
>>27664601
Cont.
>The moment I stopped rolling down the stairs one of the window sill's fell on me from the kids breaking it.
>I back up and ran some more, getting lost for a moment since I couldn't find the rest of my group.
>I ran around aimlessly, costume on head bleeding, limping with a cut on my knee, desperately looking for them for the next five to ten minutes.
>I finally found them and we proceeded to run back through the creek to the diner where w met up.
>We we're all sweaty and gasping for air, Joanna took an injury assessment and it's just basically only me that got injured.
>Thankfully none of our stuff got left behind so we were all god.
>Kathy and Tina yelled at Joanna and proclaimed that they'll never do this again for her.
>Tay was basically out of it and I was exhilarated feeling alive at the experience.
>Tay and Joanna asks if I'm alright
>Of course I'm not you idiots half my face is covered in blood and my leg is getting even more painful from the cut.
>"Yeah I'm fine, never felt better!"
>Tell them that I'm willing to join them in more of their urban exploring, Tay and Joanna accept.
>The night ends with me going to hospital and getting some butterfly stitches, and all of us having a small party, getting drunk so we could forget what happened.
And that's how I got into urban exploring.
>>
>>27664738
Yeah back then I was thinking of using my knife but it probably would've made the situation even more worse.
>>
>>27664796
Crazy story for your first time urban exploring! I agree with >>27664738
Pepper spray/bear mace is the best defense against people. There is rarely permanent damage unlike a knife wound or gun wound. Are you still doing it or did you stop after what happened to you?
>>
>>27665025
I'm still definetley doing it, have been for the past couple of years
>>
>>27663866
Taggers should be shanked by hiv ridden methheads
>>
File: 1435262966148.jpg (35 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
1435262966148.jpg
35 KB, 508x472
>>27661153
tfw live near you and dont know if i should go
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 914x1212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 914x1212
anyone know any good places in texas? specifically the dallas area
>>
>>27666314
It's up to you senpai. I'm just offering a chance for likeminded people to explore with me. If you have even the slightest interest in it, please leave an email so we can talk some more
>>
>>27666465
I know of some abandoned asylums near San Antonio, but that's about all I know of in Texas.
>>
>>27666478
will there be more threads I dont know if i want to go yet
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 550x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 550x280
>land of the free
>cant just walk around an abandoned building without some cop fucking your life up
>all of the land is owned all over the country so you cant just wander outside and go exploring without trespassing
>>
>>27666650
Most likely I will make some more until I have a solid group. If you don't want to link an email I will link you my throwaway that I am using for these threads. [email protected]. Feel free to shoot me a message if you ever decide you wanted to explore with us
>>
>>27666820
thanks man
original
>>
>>27658880

castles are boring

its stones and water
>>
>>27666660
You will understand when you are older
bloxbooix
>>
>>27666858
Maybe to you it is. When I went to Northern Ireland, I got to go to a lot of castles. They aren't as cool as abandoned cruise ships/banks/oil rigs/asylums but they are still really cool imo. Lots of history behind them
>>
>>27664334
word of warning, getting caught trespassing with a set of lockpicks can lead to much more serious criminal charges.
You shouldn't carry any unless it's absolutely necessary.
>>
Sounds like a great offer, too bad I'm in New Jersey
I'm relatively fit, a bit on the skelly side but not enough to hinder me majorly. 23 y/o
>>
>>27666966
Believe me, I am very cautious. I would never go to a location unless I was sure that I would not be caught. I usually vet a place in the daytime (look for locks/signs of people being there ect.) I have a trailcam that I set up to watch for activity.
>>
>>27666973
Damn, that's too bad! Do you do any urbex where you're at?
>>
>Chiraq

fuck urban exploring, too many cluckheads.
>>
Anyone know of any places in western Pa?
>>
>>27666943

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3498326/Hermit-lives-hobbit-house-mud-hut-foraged-materials-including-mattress-dried-leaves-bath-driftwood-ordered-leave-home.html
>>
File: 1445227789461.jpg (80 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1445227789461.jpg
80 KB, 500x737
Tfw you live in a shithole city with no places to explore
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.