[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ here's another meme problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
You have 100lbsof potatoes, which are 99 percent water by weight. You let them dehydrate until they're 98 percent water. How much do they weigh now?

Let's see if you robots can solve this.
>>
As much as an Irish person.

source: Laois
>>
Like 99 lbs.
>>
>>27657601
idk who gives a shit
>>
>>27657601
to solve this, im going to need to know some more info. i need to know if we are talking red potatoes, white potatoes or russet. and also, are they organic? and is the water being used filtered water or just normal tap water. theres a lot of variables at play here
>>
Take 98/99 you get 0.989898...
We know the potatoes weigh 100lbs at 99% so the potatoes now weigh 98.9lbs at 98%
>>
>>27657819
>how 2 round?
>>
>>27657855
But someone already answered 99lbs.
My comment needs to be oregano
>>
>>27657601
Using autists to make your homework....shame
>>
1 pound non water was 1% weight
1 pound non water is now 2% weight.
Potatoes weight 50 lbs now.
>>
50 lbs original robot desu comment
>>
>You have 100lbs of potatoes which are 99 percent water by weight.
>You let them dehydrate until they're 98 percent water.
>How much do they weigh now?

If water is 99% of the 100lbs of potatoes, the water's weight will be 99 pounds. The potatoes mass is therefore 1 pound. I'm assuming it stays the same.

They dehydrate until 1% of that water vanishes. So 99 - (99 * 0.01) = 98.01, which is the current water weight.

Then I guess I add the potato mass to the water weight, so 1lb + 98.01lbs = 99.01lbs. The current weight of that sack of potatoes is 99.01lbs.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.