[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this thread I will post quotations from "The Mind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Adolf_Hitler.jpg (36 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler.jpg
36 KB, 620x372
In this thread I will post quotations from "The Mind of Adolf Hitler: The Secret Wartime Reporter" by Walter C. Langer.

The report was written by the Allies as a means of gaining a better of understanding of Adolf Hitler's psychology / mentality.

Please bump this thread if it interests you.
>>
On Adolf's perception of himself

>"At times it seemed almost inconceivable that a man could be sincere and do what Hitler has done in the course of his career. And yet all of his former associates whom we have been able to contact [...] are firmly convinced that Hitler actually does believe in his own greatness. Fuchs reports that Hitler said to Schuschnigg during the Berchtesgaden interviews: 'Do you realize that you are in the presence of the greatest German of all time?'"
p.28
>>
>>27656264
didnt you do this before? Or was that a different anon?
>>
>>27656298
It was me, but this is a source I haven't used before. Previously I've posted quotations from "The Young Hitler I Knew" by August Kubizek, "Hitler: A Biography" by Ian Kershaw and from some shorter articles by some people who were acquainted with him during his homeless period in Vienna.

This book was written for the American government to properly understand their enemy, and later published for the public to read after the war.
>>
>>27656344
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll be lurking
>>
On Adolf's physical appearance

>"Hitler, from a physical point of view, is not, however, a very imposing figure - certainly not the Platonic idea of a great, fighting Leader or the Deliverer of Germany and the creator of a New Reich. In height he is a little below average. His hips are wide and his shoulders relatively narrow. His muscles are flabby; his legs are short, thin, and spindly, the latter being hidden in the past by heavy boots and more recently by long trousers. He has a large torso and is hollow-chested to the point where it is said that he has his uniforms padded. From a physical point of view he could not pass the requirements to his own elite guard."
p.42
>>
On the perception of some American journalists who met him

>"Dorothy Thompson, upon her first meeting, described him in the following terms: 'He is formless, almost faceless, a man whose countenance is a caricature, a man whose framework seems cartilaginous, without bones. He is inconsequent and voluble, ill-poised and insecure. He is the very prototype of the little man.' Smith also found him 'the apotheosis of the little man', funny looking, self-conscious, and unsure of himself."
p.43
>>
On Adolf's sexuality and romantic life

>"The same is true with regard to sex. As far as the German people know he has no sex life and this, too, is clothed, not as an abnormality, but as a great virtue. The Fuehrer is above human weaknesses of this sort, and von Wiegand tells us that he 'has a profound contempt for the weakness in men for sex and the fools that it makes of them'. Hanfstaengl reports that Hitler frequently makes the statement that he will never marry a woman since Germany is his only bride."
p.49
>>
>>27656264
Sure I'll bump, curious, what do you think of underground films like the greatest story never told and the like?
>>
>>27656539
Never seen it I'm afraid.

On Adolf's good moods

>"At such times, however, he is also very human. He shows an unusual degree of considerateness towards other and a certain tolerance of their weaknesses. When he calls half for meals he will not eat until his entire staff has been served. When an overzealous servant insists on serving him before others he will often get up and take the plate over to one of his lowly assistants. During all of this he is in the best of spirits and jokes with everyone around him."
p.60 / 61
>>
On Adolf's strongest appeal

>"Hitler's strongest point is, perhaps, his firm belief in his mission and, in public, the complete dedication of his life to its fulfilment. It is the spectacle of a man whose convictions are so strong that he sacrifices himself for the cause that appeals to others and induced them to follow his example. This demands a fanatical stubbornness that Hitler possesses to a high degree. 'Only a storm of glowing passion can turn the destinies of nations, but this passion can only be roused by a man who carries it within himself.'"
p.66
>>
>>27656596
Really? Well if you want a watch they have their own website, all you need is Google! Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0E_Ewe8g2Y was the only other one I know of. Keep posting op
>>
On Adolf's early life

>"For over a year before his mother died, he did nothing, as far as can be determined, except lie around the house or occasionally paint a few watercolours. [...] He was self-willed, shy, and inactive. In Vienna, after his mother died, he continued this pattern even thought he was frequently on the verge of starvation and reduced to begging on the streets."
p.69
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.