[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is conversation so hard? I literally can't fathom talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled-2.jpg (2 MB, 787x5000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
2 MB, 787x5000
Why is conversation so hard? I literally can't fathom talking to anyone more than a few minutes. What the hell do people talk about?
>>
Small talk is pointless, but you should be able to talk about your interests with like-minded people.
>>
Just always say what first comes to your mind
>>
>>27655550
>Hi I'd really like to date you, have sex with you, and possibly marry you
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
About normie stuff like sports, popular music, gossip, their children if they have some and garbage like that
>>
Windsurfing is pretty fun though.
>>
I'm not really a talker but I well perceived 'character'
I learnt to just sit back and let others talk and chime in with the occasional joke. No one ever calls me quiet.
Also asking people questions keeps them talking so you don't have to.
Double also own awkward silences act like you don't care.
>>
Yeah I'm completely clueless as to what Normies talk about
>>
>>27655550
This is normie advice.

Normies always have something appropriate and semi-relevant come to mind. So they think you must also think like this and the problem is you're not being confident enough to say what you initially think.

However you're probably actually thinking about something else, whilst you may seem to be paying attention to the conversation you're probably more focused on your surrounding environment. Or thinking about something totally unrelated. So the first thing that comes to mind would probably make you look autistic, likely because you are.
>>
I ask. And make eye contact.
It's really fucking easy when you follow this formula.
>hey
>how you doing
>fine too. What did you do last weekend?
>oh that's cool. Did you have a lot of fun?
>hahaha nice, tell me more about x
>oh wow I like y too [I actually don't], do you like z?
>gotta go now, had fun talking to you
>give me your number, we could talk to each other again
Just forget the be yourself stuff. Just be nothing, let the other persons be themselves to you.
>>
I'm a pretty damn good conversationalist, but outside of conversation it's very stressful for me to think about.

I usually just make commentary about something and give people opportunities to chime in, that ends up being most of my vapid 1on1 conversations.
>>
>>27655675
This is smart advice when you're just looking to get by and be perceived as likeable
>>
Wait two seconds or so every time before you speak. Make pauses. Talk brief and don't speak fast. Like an actor in a movie. Makes conversations easier and better.
>>
sheeeiit, what drama is this? The girl look korean but the guy look like thai or chinese or something.
>>
>>27655719
No, it's mainly for hitting on girls.
Guys will like you but they won't follow you. If you can keep it up, tho, girls will be all over you unless you're ugly and dress like shit.
>>
>>27655731
And if nothing to say? Stare blankly with a long pause?
>>
>>27655778
Depends on why you're talking to that person. If you want a friend, keep eye contact for a few seconds, then say "so..." and try to think of something to say. If you come up with nothing pray the other person saves you.
If it's a girl you wanna fuck you outstare her. Only works if she's holding eye contact. If she isn't just back off and hope she tries to pull you back in.
>>
>>27655550
>aye bby, wanna fug?
>>
>>27655702
>I usually just make commentary about something and give people opportunities to chime in

What do you think about jews and how they're ruining our society?
>>
>>27655516
>What the hell do people talk about?
Mostly nothing.
>>
>>27655856
> If you want a friend, keep eye contact for a few seconds, then say "so..."

Sounds pretty autistic
>>
>>27655977
How do I talk about "nothing"?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.