[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN Good morning wagecucks! Whew, another few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

Good morning wagecucks! Whew, another few minutes and I'd have to wish you good afternoon instead!

I've got some exciting news, wagie!

I'm joining you. I've found a job and I start in a little less than two weeks. It's a fairly comfy office job, mostly data entry and content writing, making a good amount of money and not too far from home.

All you other NEETs are probably furious, but you know what? It's time to be honest with myself here. I've been NEET since August and far from being better off I'm fucking miserable. Oh, I could make up some wild tale about my myriad intellectual pursuits or the 10/10 babes I've wined and dined but let's be real: these past 8 months I've spent watching movies, playing vidya, shitposting, drinking, and feeling sorry for myself. I've worked up the motivation to start running and lifting, but only a few weeks ago. My diet is terrible, my depression and anxiety make even simple errands an ordeal, and I have almost no money. The last time a girl looked at me with anything beyond disgust or pity was in high school. I've disappointed and alienated almost everyone in my life. I'm alone, unhappy, and slowly going insane from the isolation.

But now I have purpose. I have a job I can actually get excited about. I have a reason to get out of bed before noon and a reason to clean myself up and make myself look nice. I'll have an income that means I can actually live independently and afford to do fun things. I can look my family in the eye again.

So, sorry fellow NEETs. I see through the lie and I'm not going to delude myself any longer.
>>
Great job. Welcome to the world of the living.
>>
You're an impasta
>>
File: hue heh.png (588 KB, 800x879) Image search: [Google]
hue heh.png
588 KB, 800x879
congratulations

we'll see you again soon

get lots of rest while you still can, pal
>>
Get ready to having to wake up early every morning and work all day. It's not so bad once you get used to it. Good luck in the real world, anon.
>>
File: rsz_20150904_152303.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20150904_152303.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
Instead of being a straight up wage cuck why not do something thats a NEET job? Too many people submit themselves to shitty part time jobs with the intention that it's only temporary or a stepping stone. Any job you do doesn't have be something you like but it should be something you can progress in even if it's something like restaurant work.

I do aquarium maintenance and beats wage cucking for fast food chains or even worse retail shit.
Here's why it's good.

>Easy as fuck, if you can maintain fish tanks especially salt and reef aquariums you already habe 90% of the skills you need to know. Add shit like getting a scuba cert and can do work inside large or public aquariums.

>Pay is good, and a lot of clients are rich as fuck, if your work for a service company the rate ranges from $15-$30 depending on the tasks. If you do you own thing I ask for $65-$75 p/hr. However you have to worry about things like insurance and wholesale suppliers which the brick and mortar shops can deal with.

>you can choose your hours and rarely are bound to a set timetable. You rarely get shit from idiotic managers fucking up your time off. There always people to take jobs of you need time off. People rarely fuck with you becuase it's hard to find foke who know what they are doing and have the experience.
>>
>>27653390
The only bad is that you are pretty much on call all the time. I don't mind waking up for service calls, but 99% of the time it's for bullshit reasons like a sensor failing or something a suspected leak that isn't so.

The other bad is on the husbandry side there is no excuse for shit going tits up.
>>
>>27653390

What kind of certification do you need to do this? I used to love aquariums when I was a teenager, although I never had the time or money to set up a saltwater/reef tank. I'm getting a job in the financial services sector but I would love to do something like this as a side gig .
>>
>>27653390
That sounds like a really cool job, anon. Congrats.
>>
File: 1459602763489.jpg (193 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1459602763489.jpg
193 KB, 500x750
>>27652572
this seems like pasta, hmm hey i have an idea get a real cool sign name for r9k and frequently post your experiences. it the least you can do for us. exNEET
>>
>>27652572
See you back here in a month's time complaining about the life of a wagecuck.

Take it from someone who has lived the NEET life for several years and has been a wagecuck for the past couple: getting a job does not improve your life in any way except that you have a bit more disposable income.

Your anxiety and depression will still be there except that now you have to pretend to be normal around your coworkers.
>>
>>27653511
Nothing and yeah most people do it as side gig, I do it as means to get beer money and free aquarium shit.

If you have any experience with fisheries and related degrees and certifications that helps but it's not necessary, same goes for marine bio degrees.

If you have experience working with pool equipment and water chemistry that also is a huge help since the large 1000g+ systems are really just saltwater pools at the heart of it. Aquatic facilities or pool operator certs are good to have but again not nessary if you know how to work the equipment, they are easy and cheap as fuck to get if you want them.

Having a scuba diving certification helps alot too for huge tanks and public aquariums and it's the most fun imo. Again I think it's easy to get but alot of people here can't swim or get past open water scuba training for whatever reason.

As I said before maintaining the systems, water chemistry and caring for fish, corals and inverts is the easiest part of the job. The harder part is getting through buracracy, difficult clients, and getting people to get the ball rolling on inventory orders for supplies, equipment and livestock.
>>
>>27653825

Thanks for the scoop anon!
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27652572
This has been quite a ride for you. Goodbye then.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.