[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of you guys so fed up with society that you just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Are any of you guys so fed up with society that you just want to live in the wilderness?I'm personally planning to move to the yukon area once I have saved up enough and be as self sufficient as possible(building my own log cabin etc).I'm just worried about loneliness,don't get me wrong in loneley here too but this is a whole new level
>>
I've done something similar, though without the wilderness, lol. Saved up enough, got a cheap house and dine small investments, and I'm good.

www.earlyretirementextreme.com
>>
>>27652439
*have small investments

Damn autocorrect...
>>
>>27651956
enjoy your rabbit starvation
being self sufficent in a northern climate is extremly difficult. Theres no room for error. Fuck up once and you will literally starve to death. I suggest you read up on it now and practice how to grow shit and preserve food. Also learn how to shoot a weapon and hunt.
>>
>>27652439
Thanks man this website is great. Im getting my shit together and this looks like it will help me out a ton in the next ten years.

To OP i'm pretty sure the Canadian>>27652466
government pays its citizens to homestead up there.
>>
>>27651956
My dad did this. Built himself a tiny house out of an old flatbed trailer on a few acres of property in northern AZ. He collects rain/snow for water, solar and wind for power, incinerating toilet and wood for warmth. I'll usually go visit him towards the end of summer during the elk rut and help butcher a bull. Other than that he gardens, collects wild berries, fishes, and gets a rabbit or peccary. He seems pretty solid about it too
>>
>>27651956
I wish I could have a little cabin with cattle and crops around it. Comfy as fuck but I feel like I'd be shit at surviving.
>>
>>27652795
Is he writing a book like Thoreau?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.