[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else hate telling other people facts about yourself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cyborg2.jpg (121 KB, 781x885) Image search: [Google]
cyborg2.jpg
121 KB, 781x885
Does anyone else hate telling other people facts about yourself? Like your history or just things you might do in a day? I always feel regret after I let anyone know personal stuff about me.

When I think about it I tend to get along with most anyone but I'm just prompting them to tell me things or facts about them self.
>>
>>27650565

ya i dont like letting peple get to kno me
>>
File: Sutton.jpg (10 KB, 236x315) Image search: [Google]
Sutton.jpg
10 KB, 236x315
Yes, in fact I sometimes actively withhold information despite it being pertinent and engaging to the group conversation. Preventing myself from building rapport and keeping myself known as the socially awkward quiet dude.

I hate pigeonholing myself to a singular id.

I wish I could stay anonymous in real life, popping in and out of identities just like I do with internet accounts.
>>
File: 1456410617264.png (358 KB, 633x313) Image search: [Google]
1456410617264.png
358 KB, 633x313
>>27650565
Yeah, it's called hiding your power level. It's super fucking important. Never reveal your power level.
>>
Are you Pisces, OP?
>>
>>27650679
Interesting I do that too but I never really considered it as building rapport. It just seems like they're baiting to find something out by why tell them if they already know?
If they think it might not be true then it doesn't make sense that they just wouldn't ask instead of trying to bait a reply.
>>
>>27650772
Aries. But those constellations sort of happen to of moved apart over the years it's not like anyone is the actual astrological sign they're told even if that stuff held water logically.
>>
>>27650772
Never thought this would be relevant but siting here as a stoned picease I realise it is extremely relevant.
>>
>>27650565

Yeah, it's weird. I'm extremely paranoid and value my privacy over almost everything to the point that it's cost me money, job opportunities, all sorts, even though nothing happens in my life and I have absolutely no reason to be like this.

If I had to play armchair psychologist I'd wager I just don't like anyone having 'control' over me.
>>
>>27650797
son of a bitch.
>>27650772
you cheeky cunt why did i just tell you that
>>
>>27650565
Yeah but that's mostly because I have nothing interesting to share
>>
>>27650810
Its amazing trying to explain this to normies and their bewilderment to the idea.

Maybe its easier for them to throw privacy to the wind when they've been liked and accepted all their lives. Especially girls.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.