[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This shit again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10
File: qExKWeY.jpg (246 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
qExKWeY.jpg
246 KB, 1366x768
Why do you live robots?

I can't seem to find satisfaction for myself. I used to take a Nietzschean approach and make my own reasons. However losing interest and other factors can fuck with that. I lived for good times with bros but that makes me vulnerable to their leaving and makes me think of hedonism in a way. I could be hedonistic but it seems shallow and ultimately unfulfilling for me. I could live for philosophy and knowledge but I'll never be a genius. I'm just slightly above average at best.

What are your guys' conclusions?
>>
File: i-just-wanna-disappear.png (89 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
i-just-wanna-disappear.png
89 KB, 500x273
None yet. I'm at the same point you are, robro.

Also bumping for curiosity.
>>
I savor the smallest of victories and try to trudge through the dark days. There's nothing more you can do. When you get right down to it there's no one conclusion that makes perfect sense, I believe it's beyond human comprehension. If I were a believer here would be a good opportunity to say "only god knows why". It doesn't matter if you're a world class mental gymnast, you can't figure it out. Nobody can. They're the mysteries of life, they have defied and will continue to defy the greatest minds of all time
>>
>>27647947
There's nothing in the material plane really worth existing for. Just do enough here to keep your body alive so you can explore the mental and spiritual planes of existence.
>>
File: 1445558124202.jpg (227 KB, 1173x392) Image search: [Google]
1445558124202.jpg
227 KB, 1173x392
>>27648078
Gonna post the usual shit I post in these threads. Someone might recognise me.
I need to go outside more lol

>>27648081
Yeah this looks about as good as it will get. I was thinking about just studying philosophy but then I read about someone like Saul Kripke who read the complete works of Shakespeare at 9 and I'm like fuck why even try. Shit could get bonkers in the future with genetic brain manipulation but that'll be forever and underground and costly. I was thinking about just trying hard as fuck and taking pride in the effort.
>>
I woke up one day and really internalized that I'm an animal. I trudge along looking for sustenance, I'm not a predator I don't stalk ambush or kill most of the stuff that I eat. I'm a scavenger. A lowly bottom feeding creature. I don't hunt, I don't produce anything.
I find some satisfaction in trying to be better than what I am. I get frustrated when I'm not getting closer to my goals but working toward being the man I want to be and not a worthless animal is the best I can do.
>>
File: 1442513442486.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1442513442486.png
94 KB, 1435x478
>>27648244
The effort thing also has the drawback of getting btfo by natural talent but what can you do? Like in Good Will Hunting when he takes like 30 minutes to do this unsolved problem and some guy who's been doing math for 20 years walks away just like fuck this shit why even try with this kid around? Then again natural ability is obviously out of our control and all we really have is our effort. I recognise that determinism makes the most sense but I'm just speaking in a phenomenological sense because finding reasons to live and shit
>>
>>27647947
Why do you live robots?
i don't know the purpose, for 23 years i am still finding it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-51.png (219 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-51.png
219 KB, 1080x1920
>>27648260
Yeah that's a bit like where I'm getting at with the effort thing. It's almost stoic in a way. Not concerned with those things you cannot change. Making the most out of what you have. It's difficult to accept not reaching a goal though. Then again maybe that's part of the problem? I still like it a bit though
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-56.png (216 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-26-02-11-56.png
216 KB, 1080x1920
What all have you guys read philosophically? I've just finished complete works of Plato. I've read some Descartes and Nietzsche but I'm starting over right with a chronological path. I've also read Meditations and Nichomachean Ethics. On the Organon currently. I've got a long way to go so I know my thoughts aren't completely well formed. Just trying to get through
>>
File: merrily merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
>>27648354
I find this interesting but what the fuck else is there aside from a goal? Just being content with the little things like negative hedonism? Still kind of seems like a goal but maybe I'm just thinking about it weird.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-54-39.png (395 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-54-39.png
395 KB, 1080x1920
Sorry for rambling so much I guess I just needed to get shit off my chest and took it out on you robots. At least it's better than the bait threads and fembot threads so I guess it could be worse even though this shit has been done thousands of times. Then again what hasnt? Hope someone finds this nice. I'll be here for the next like hour and a half. I'll check back after I sleep but it probably won't be alive cause there's a lot of walls of text and if it isn't greentext people have a tendency to just ignore it.
>>
>>27648382
I truly admire your lust for knowledge, feel compelled to say it. Happiness and contentedness is all you could ever, EVER ask for in this world. We might as well have been born into a gutter, finding joy in it even if you do so with a "shit eating grin looking down on life" is beautiful.

You'll get further in your intellectual pursuits than I ever would, that stuff turns my brain into absolute mush. Too many conflicting beliefs coupled with convincing arguments.
>>
>>27648320
Yes that's basically how I view it.
I was raised in modern civilization that isn't that modern, it's just added a modern twist to doing the old ways. When I think about what the point of me is, it's what I do. I'm really not content with just living life and creating a pile of waste with nothing else to show for it.
Realistically I just look at life like it's national geographic, even the human stuff. My own biopic is just another documentary like a moutain lion or a flamingo, instead I'm an ape creature. Thinking about it objectively I'm just not happy watching some ape wake up, eat some easily available "pre-processed pet" food and shit in the human litter box like I'm someones pet.
I work toward doing things that I find interesting, respectable, and might come in useful later in life.
Trying to improve my living situation to a standard better than I'm use to until I can get my own piece of land and do what I want with it and prove to myself I can build it up and live off it. If i'm stuck being an ape creature might as well try to be an alpha one with some territory.
>>
>>27648460
I've had this idea that everything eventually just boils down to a paradox of some kind. That or its some can't know nuffin position like skepticism. I'm still in my philosophical infancy but I'm just trying to make sense of what I know to persevere. I think it's supposed to turn your brain to mush honestly. Shits wack. If it's difficult getting in don't be afraid to look for companion texts. I wish you luck in your endeavors
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-05-10-29.png (511 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-05-10-29.png
511 KB, 1080x1920
>>27648527
I found the litter box part funny. Do you see yourself trying to conquer nature or trying to not be bound by the limitations it puts on you in the sense that if you don't do x you'll die? Interesting idea though, sounds like trying to become the Ubermensch.
>>
>>27648642
No, although I have done a lot of physical training out in the elements. Get up early as fuck and go for a run in freezing temperatures, I have told myself if I don't do this I am going to die. But that was because if I didn't do that to train for my job I wouldn't have a job, and then I'd suicide. I decided I would get that job or kill myself, no other options. I got it by the way.
I don't see it as conquering nature rather a lot of it is trying to survive it, and even better if I can do it some what comfortably job involves being out in nature sometimes. Although for training sometimes I kind of do stuff that's uncomfortable like sleeping on the ground outside without using my sleeping gear in weather cold enough to kill you due to exposure doing that to test myself and see what I can handle without my gear. Doesn't do much good knowing what my gear can do to make things better for my situation if I don't know what I can do without it.

I don't believe in that ubermenchse shit like I said before I see myself as a pretty lowly animal, a scavenger isn't high in the food chain.
I want land so I can have my own place, I want to build it up because I don't feel like a man living in readily available dwellings that don't belong to me, if feels like a cage. Like I'm someones pet human. I'd rather try to produce my food than scavenge it, it's actually kinda funny when I say I wanna be something most people would consider a hick farmer and you say it sounds like an superman. lol
>>
>>27648794
What was Heidegger's thing about technology? I wonder if that's similar in any way. Yeah I'm focusing on a more teleological approach to things in regards to pain. I'll run hard as fuck or take cold showers because if I can't deal with discomfort I'm not going to reach my goals. What are your thoughts on Absurdism and the Myth of Sisyphus?
>>
>>27648900
You have a pretty broad understanding of philosophy. I'm more of the type I have to study to keep on stuff so I might be a bit slow on replying to specifics. Sisyphus I'm most familiar with I'll start with that.
He was a terrible leader, he spent his time fucking and fighting. I consider him not so clever if he's got an entire empire at his feet. A clever ruler would be known for trying to generate more wealth for his people and winning land that way. He didn't conqueror he held on to a little slice of land at the point of a sword. His downfall wasn't karmic, and I don't really think the moral of the story is pick on someone your own size because that's sort of what he did when he fucked with the gods. They were in an untouchable position of power like he was being a king, he stepped on their feet and they conspired to fuck his shit up. A leader is a shepherd, sisyphus liked to eat his flock and mess with other peoples flocks. Was just a matter of time since he spent his time making enemies rather than friends, very bad move when he had the means to do other stuff with his time.

Absurdism is probably closets to what I think things are, but it's up to human institutions to change the game a bit and make order.
>>
>>27648244
>consciousness
>accordance
>determinations
>state in internalt perception
>empirical
>variable
>abiding
First sentence and there's already 7 things I would have to look up that I don't know the exact definition of, not even so sure about the rest. I mean I could comce up with some shit myself that would make sense,maybe, but that isnt the point. To understand those textes I have to understand every word they use.

This is my problem with philosophy. My vocabulary is so fucking small and trying to work through this just looks impossible, because I guarantee you that those words use words in their definition that I would have to look up too.
>>
File: 1459723759819.jpg (26 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1459723759819.jpg
26 KB, 289x289
>>27649184
I was more referencing the boulder and Camus's stuff. Yeah Absurdism is pretty good. It doesn't completely satisfy me but I can't really think of anything better than it. Imma go to sleep robots. Thanks for the discussion and good luck on your ways through life(or death for those more depressed of us). Hopefully the thread doesn't die with my absence and I can awake to some insights. Later
>>
>>27649343
Kant is definitely hard to read though. I tried to read Critique of Pure Reason and got truly BTFO. I'll try him again in the future. I'm gonna try and add a word erryday to a list then go over that list once a day. Probably won't last long but who knows
>>
>>27649346
>I was more referencing the boulder
Oh right. Well the thing of that is what's considered a sisyphean task in life and what you want to get out of it. For me I've just always known suffering was a given so I have probably an easier time handling uncomfortable tasks than others might getting paid for doing those sorts of things on the other hand has felt like pushing a boulder uphill and having to redo it over and over again. Like I said before about the work I do I would of killed myself if I didn't get that job so I think there is a point where it's not worth pushing that boulder anymore because there isn't really a reward for actually managing to get the boulder where it needs to be.

I really think absurdism seems a lot more closer to the mark than other theories like Leibiniz' "Best of all possible worlds". I think when you're deciding your outlook on life a lot of the time people tend to fall on either side of those two theories.
"Best of all possible worlds" are sort of the 'life is beautiful' types yolo, ect.
and then there are sort of the Nihilists on the other side even though nietschze was sort of a yolo sounding faggot imo.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.