[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a race against time for the pizza guy to get me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.jpg (36 KB, 320x517) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
36 KB, 320x517
>It's a race against time for the pizza guy to get me my pizza or I get a 'free' (pizza value$ - cost of getting this race$) pizza

Do you think he'll make it guys? It's about 5pm in Sydney so he has to beat school and work traffic in a heavily concentrated area. To his benefit there's only 1 traffic light between us, but if he catches it he'll be waiting for possibly five minutes
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38 KB, 305x520) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38 KB, 305x520
>>27645394
I tihnk he's fucked

it's too busy at this time and he will catch that light so often because it's over a very busy main road

and he can't speed cause of all the traffic

looks like another 'free' pizza for the probability pizza masterrace
>>
File: Capture.jpg (39 KB, 313x501) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
39 KB, 313x501
here we go the pizzas ready so he has to get on his bike/car and get out of here

its about 2km so 2km in 6 minutes in heavy traffic lel gl pal
>>
hes probably on a little scooter that will pass most of the traffic
>>
>>27645544
he can lane split to the front of the traffic lights but he cant do anything else
>>
>>27645523
GOOD LUCK i hope you get free pizza anon
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22 KB, 305x246) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22 KB, 305x246
i wonder if he gets docked wages if he misses the 20 min mark
>>
>>27645394
What company op
>tfw all pizza out here tells me 45 minutes to an hour
Feels bad man
>>
im watching him on GPS now and he will never make it

he took the long route and hes got 1.55 to go and wont get here for like 5 mins

what a sap
>>
>>27645587
dominoes.. this is the 2nd time in a row ive gotten a 'free' (read: slightly cheaper cause its $3 to do this and the pizza costs $12 so its like you're investing 3 to win 12 i.e. a 1:4 odds bet where you gain 3 and lose 1 depending on result)
>>
>>27645574
it's generally illegal in nearly all 1st world countries to "dock wages" at all, much less have it as a policy of any kind.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 397x326) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29 KB, 397x326
>>27645394
>>27645475
>>27645523
>>27645544
>>27645560
>>27645566
>>27645574
>>27645587
>>27645590
>>27645610
>>27645612

WE DID IT REDDIT

>>27645612
what if theres a pool of 'tips' at the end of the night they share amongst themselves and thats where its docked from? it could be legal if you set it up like the tips form a commission pool and if you fail to get to the customer within 20 minutes your commission gets taken

lawyer yo
>>
File: 1458353004297.jpg (11 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
1458353004297.jpg
11 KB, 235x215
>>27645610
WTF THOSE NIGGERS TELL ME 45-60 MINUTES
>>
This reminds me to read Snow Crash.
>>
>>27645698
what

zzzzzYou have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
I think once he realised he didnt or wasnt going to make it he did another delivery cause he fucking stopped for ages

hes nearly here now

maybe he was doing 2 races at once and went for the other guy who was closer
>>
>>27645734
>The analysts at CosaNostra Pizza University concluded that it was just human
nature and you couldn't fix it, and so they went for a quick cheap technical
fix: smart boxes. The pizza box is a plastic carapace now, corrugated for
stiffness, a little LED readout glowing on the side, telling the Deliverator how
many trade imbalance-producing minutes have ticked away since the fateful phone
call. There are chips and stuff in there. The pizzas rest, a short stack of
them, in slots behind the Deliverator's head. Each pizza glides into a slot
like a circuit board into a computer, clicks into place as the smart box
interfaces with the onboard system of the Deliverator's car. The address of the
caller has already been inferred from his phone number and poured into the smart
box's built-in RAM. From there it is communicated to the car, which computes
and projects the optimal route on a heads-up display, a glowing colored map
traced out against the windshield so that the Deliverator does not even have to
glance down.
>>
>>27645917
im convinced business people read scifi for ideas

im sure this is already proven academically and admitted by business people

i should keep up to date with emerging scifi to be ahead of trends i suppose
>>
>>27645394
How the fuck do they have a 20 minute guarantee, here in the states I think it was 30 minutes back when they still did it. I'd order every god damn day during rush hour if it was a 20 minute race to my house. I'd win every damn time.
>>
>>27646013
yeah i thought it was risky the first time i did it on a random weekend night but during peak hour its so easy to beat... you cant get anywhere in sydney peak hour

plus you only need to win 1 in 4 times to come out even. so far im 2/2 so even if i lose the next 2 im still even (3x4 = 12 = pizza value)

BUT theres the opportunity cost of ordering from them so if you dont desire their pizza its probably a net loss but i wanted their pizza so im even there
>>
>>27645984
>The opening screen of T'Rain was a frank rip-off of what you saw when you booted up Google Earth. Richard felt no guilt about this, since he had heard that Google Earth, in turn, was based on an idea from some old science-fiction novel.[18]
>>
>>27646013
>>27646075
Mate I think if you get this down to a science you have found the key to free pizza for life. The jelly is strong in me.
>>
Alrigh thanks for the support lads

The pizza was pretty good, mega supreme with olives and no mushrooms and cheesey crust

fuck im fat
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.