[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw social anxiety made skipping uni classes occasionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: deadinside.jpg (22 KB, 378x300) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.jpg
22 KB, 378x300
>tfw social anxiety made skipping uni classes occasionally escalate to never showing up to any classes

How am I going to explain to my parents that they've been paying for me to smoke weed and have anxiety attacks in my dorm by myself while failing because I'm too afraid of what the professors would say if I suddenly started going again today?
>>
>>27642493
professors usually don't care.
>>
>smoking weed
>anxiety

hand, meet glove.
>>
>>27642493

Are you actually going to fix your problems or do you want to bitch?
I'm willing to give you actual advice if you will follow it but I'm certain you wont since you're on r9k
>>
>>27642518

I just don't want to go through them looking at me and accusing me with their eyes. I'm starting to think the only way out is to kill myself.
>>
>>27642552
Literally, they don't even recognize half their students.

If you go to an average sized uni then you'll blend in no problem.
>>
>>27642546

>Are you actually going to fix your problems

I'm not sure. I feel like I'm being torn in two directions, between really wanting to avoid all this vs. wanting to get the consequences over with.
>>
>>27642552
They have no idea who you are. They don't even want to know.

I skipped a class for the first 4 weeks and then attended. I walked into the wrong class late and no one noticed. Then I walked out 2 minutes later when I realized I was in the wrong room. No one cared. No one noticed.
>>
I wonder if there's a connection between inhaling a hallucinogen and having anxiety?
>>
How do all you losers buy weed?! Do you just go talk to random niggers? WHY WONT ANYONE TELL ME?!?
>>
>>27642729
You have to know a guy, Nigger
>>
get professional help

i know two people who destroyed their lives forever by doing this in the past two years

unlike all the made-up bullshit tumblr talks about, social anxiety is actually an undersympathized and poorly understood mental disorder

you are not "shy," you have massive personality problems and delusional thinking. doesn't mean you have to cure it with drugs, but you should be aware it's taking a giant shit on your life

i got signed up for my university's Special Needs for Retards department by going to them and saying "sometimes im nervous." based just on that, they let me skip classes and practically jack off in my professor's face and no one cares. any "anxiety" is now a free pass. literally the main fucking diagnosis is "generalized anxiety disorder." it's LITERALLY "i'm generally anxious"

the other guys i know didn't know this, they just thought they were shy fuckups and endlessly hated themselves and let their lives slowly go into the trashbin
>>
>>27642493
Hey, this exact thing happened to me. I avoided my teachers and counselors and ended up fucking up my grades... you should fix it now before it snowballs.

I recommend being straightforward and honest about your issues to a school counselor or professor, they'll do what they can to help you. It can all be over quickly if you just tell them that your issues are interfering with your schoolwork, there's no need to dread and worry. Professors and school counselors really appreciate communication above all else, that's the crucial part
>>
>>27642729
Literally just get friendly with someone and ask about drug connections. The hard part is getting friendly with someone.
>>
>>27642786
I don't know any guys. I'm a senior in uni and I have literally not talked to anyone here for more than ten minutes in the last five years. Please, help me destroy my brain with all sorts of drugs by just telling me the secret handshake so I can stop chugging cough medicine and vodka.

>>27642873
I don't know how to get friendly with someone.
>>
File: 1444860835972.jpg (15 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1444860835972.jpg
15 KB, 270x200
>>27642518
>>27642565
>>27642633
These anons are all right anon.

Just fucking admit it dude, you aren't going to class because of social anxiety, you're not going because you're a lazy stoner who doesn't want to and you're using anxiety as your excuse.
>>
>>27642493
Even if yu mess up one term you start over the next so different professors and a clean slate. No excuse there. You'll either 1)have to do better to convince us you are anything other than a manipulative dependent sub-adult or 2)own up to the fact that you get out what you put in and get your butt to class
>>
>>27642873
>>27642786
>You have to know a guy!
>You need connections!
>You have to be friendly with people!

>>27642493
This proves weedsmokers CANNOT be robots. If you can talk to a drug-peddling criminal you can damn well attend class you miserable swine
>>
>>27642818
There is literally no difference between social anxiety and being shy. Social anxiety is just the medical term for being shy. Don't delude yourself into thinking you have some kind of "mental disease". You're just a shy beta.
>>
>>27642493
I did the same thing except without the weed. Ended up dropping out and my life has never been better. School might just not be for you. Be a NEET for a year while you figure out what you want to do (which may include being a NEET for more years).
>>
>>27642936
This is why "robots" (aka failed normies) like to brag about their drug use in "dude weed lmao" threads. It's because they're proud of themselves that they are socially adept enough to have drug connections.
>>
OP you could go to your GP and ask for benzodiazepines for your SA

Based on my experience they help a little but not too much

Alcohol is a lot better

If I were you, just to get over that initial really tall hurdle of attending class again for the first time, I'd get some cheap-ass wine and drink enough of it to help with your anxiety but not enough to get drunk or to the point that you can't walk straight

But you're probably an Ameritard who can't poison themselves with alcohol until 21 so I'd go the first route in that case

Also, deep breathing genuinely helps remove the feelings of anxiety, and meditation despite sounding like eastern alternative therapy hippie crap is scientifically proven to decrease the density of neurons in the amygdala (or the part of the brain responsible for fight or flight)

If you have worry/rumination/anxiety then weed may exacerbate that too, at least it did me

Only ever had panic attacks on weed
>>
>>27642986
You can buy it on the deep web desu. Just steal your parents credit card and buy some shitcoin and it can be delivered to your mailbox.
>>
File: 17523219.jpg (59 KB, 324x356) Image search: [Google]
17523219.jpg
59 KB, 324x356
>>27642596

>wanting to get the consequences over with
>between really wanting to avoid all this

There are two options.

>minimize harm "I had depression/a substance abuse problem but I'm working on correcting it and for the next how many years I'm not gonna fuck up"
>"lol mom I did nothing this semester im gonna drop out soon"

what one do you want faggot.
>>
>>27642940

I think the reason that the psychiatric community came up with the distinction is simply because some people's "shyness" affects their ability to function according to social norms. When you're so shy you lose jobs or cannot take care of your health, that's when it might as well be a disease. Addiction is the same way. It's not really a "disease" like aids is a disease but prolonged shyness and prolonged addiction can absolutely affect your brain and body chemistry.
>>
File: welcometotheNEET.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welcometotheNEET.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>tfw failed 2nd semester of sophmore year because skipped 60% of my classes to smoke weed, watch anime, and play Visual novels

I can't think of a better use of time for a 20 year old college student
>>
>>27643272
everybody suffers social anxiety at different points throughout their lives

e.g. while public speaking

if you look at the criteria for social anxiety disorder in the DSM-IV/DSM-V it's considered a disease when as you say it significantly interferes with occupational or social functioning and causes significant distress to the individual
>>
>>27642596
Can you just tell your parents you have social anxiety and it's interfering with your ability to attend class, and see a psychologist and maybe a GP/psychiatrist for it
>>
>>27642493
stop smoking weed and go see your school counselor. my uni has a psychologist and a gp who hands out drugs like candy. force yourself to go to class and do the reading. don't end up like me, failing and dropping out to live in you mom's basement for years until going back to school in your mid twenties having accomplished nothing in life.
>>
File: image.jpg (808 KB, 1106x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
808 KB, 1106x1600
Aw man. Sounds like myexact story except for the weed. My depression and social anxiety made me drop out of college my second year because I didn't have it in me to show up anymore and it just snowballed and for worse and worse. I made excuses to my parents, claimed there were glitches in the online grading system, etc.

I don't know your parents, anon, but...the sooner you tell them, the better. Tell them that you need help. It would have saved me a lot of trouble. Instead, I lied and lied and waited for it to blow up in my face because of anxiety.

If you go to your parents and explain that you were not ready for college and need to take off so that you don't waste anyone's time or money, hopefully your parents will understand. They will probably appreciate you being self aware and taking steps to correct the issue.
>>
>>27642493
>what the professors would say if I suddenly started going again today?
If the professor isn't a busy body he won't say anything.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.