[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you seen the documentary movie Crumb (1994)? I'm 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Have you seen the documentary movie Crumb (1994)?

I'm 30 minutes into it, and this guy is like the archetypal stereotypical /r9k/ user. He grew up in the 60s and went on to become an artist. He drew a lot of weird comics about his ideal women, lack of success with girls in school, and life as a reject of society.

>talks about how girls would go after violent jocks
>talks about how he tried to be a normie in his teens but it came out wrong and people saw it as mean
>talks about how he thought being intelligent and a good artist would impress women in school but it didnt

>obsessed with Amazonian women and drew comics of them
>drew his ideal amazonian woman with a belly, an r9k belly gf
>>
File: Crumb002.jpg (1 MB, 1901x2400) Image search: [Google]
Crumb002.jpg
1 MB, 1901x2400
He was also obsessed with sex and getting a gf or getting revenge on normies.

This will be my only bump
>>
>>27641254
Yes, it's really interesting. His music is pretty cool too.
>>
>>27641254
a girl i'm dating (having sex with) right now looks kind of like that and I'm about to dump her because her wide, powerful back creeps me out.
>>
>>27641254
>they exist

pics of gtfo
>>
>>27641254
It's one of the few non-nature documentaries that I actually enjoy.

The way it keeps on unfolding makes it more like a thriller in some ways.

my favorite part was him driving around taking picture of streetlights and utility poles so he could get good at drawing them. He got really good at drawing them.
>>
>>27641254
mmm, she could get the snu snu
>>
File: download.jpg (161 KB, 472x700) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
161 KB, 472x700
>>27642345
more of his art
>>
>>27641254
>>27642434
Post more. This man is my new idol
>>
>>27642434
>heels

dropped, burrowed, achieved mach 2, incinerated in the mantle
>>
>>27641254
Fritz the cat!!!!
>>
>>27642556
>that time you met your idea of physical perfection, got her wasted, and had your way with her
>>
>>27642766
>wanting to dom the amazons and not the reverse

This guy went from GOAT to shit tier
>>
>>27641254

I'm happy that you saw this movie, anon. It was my first exposure to Crumb, but as you walk through the comic shops in the ensuing years, it becomes pretty clear that Crumb had a fanbase. "Mr. Natural" was one character, I guess.

That said, I never particularly cared for Crumb's art while younger, and so I never looked into it.

When I was maybe 10-ish going by your date, the documentary came out and the parents watched it. They had to have known that he was a weirdo, but they let me watch it too. Not being Jesus freaks and being able to appreciate the strange, they let me finish watching it with them (barely), but afterward dad said more than once that if he'd seen it ahead of time he wouldn't have let me watch it just then. I only saw it the one time so I can barely remember large parts of it, although I saw a few minutes of it many years later, IIRC he moves to France in the end because that's his lefty ideal at the time. I remember Crumb himself as being very awkward and ugly; given 4chan's standards of western vs eastern smut, I never "liked" his art on a sex-level, though I understand it isn't fully to be taken in that sense.

I do remember that his brother was a Buddhist or somesuch and was doing some ascetic thing in his own hovel, while Robert visited. Then at the end his brother got back in trouble or died or something. I don't remember if those two had a chad/normie brother, thought so.

Levittown...
>>
Bumping this so we can talk about Crumb once ops finished.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.