[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any artists here? Just picked up my pencil to draw, looked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: how-to-draw-stick-figures01.gif (42 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
how-to-draw-stick-figures01.gif
42 KB, 640x477
Any artists here?

Just picked up my pencil to draw, looked at the paper for 10 minutes and put everything away. Does anyone else get absolutely overwhelmed with how intimidating art can be sometimes? It's like I see an end product, and even if I can draw it, I'm afraid of what would happen if I didn't do it well.
>>
>>27640714
I've been practicing anatomy and know that feeling all to well. Try breaking what you want to improve into small chunks.
Focusing on one thing at a time whether it be shading, lines, etc. It helps a ton with feeling overwhelmed.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
You only get gud by practising bud. Have fun and be creative, don't be so ridged about your outcome being perfect. No one is perfect and regardless of how good you are, there will always be someone better than you. So draw faggot.
>>
>>27640881
I'm not OP
How long have you been drawing? I'm struggling with clothes now and haven't got any motivation to draw for 4 months now. I really want a draw friend who'll help me improve.
>>
>>27640966
Not that anon, but what kind of stuff do you draw?
>>
>>27640966
Well I've been drawing since I was young but only properly for about 4 years. In those 4 months of not drawing, you could have been practicing and developing your skills, rather than worrying about the outcome. Post your stuff on /ic/ if you want some form of constructive criticism, but they can be cunts on that board. You'll only get better if you practise though.
>>
>>27641250
>posting stuff on /ic/
Don't listen! It's a trap!
>>
File: 18-12-15.jpg (65 KB, 558x678) Image search: [Google]
18-12-15.jpg
65 KB, 558x678
>>27641167
Traditional stuff but I do a bit of everything. Mostly figures, and sometimes clothes.

>>27641250
Started drawng since summer of 2014. I've improved a lot but it's getting frustating nowadays. Yes I keep regretting about lost time but I could never bring myself to draw more because my skill was not improving at all during those 4 months. I do post on ic when I do long portrait study but most of the time I get little to no response.

This was the last decent thing I studied months ago. Notice the date. I probably got worse during that wasted period.
>>
>>27641415
>getting worse during wasted periods
No no no no! Don't tell me that! I want to believe that I draw like riding a bike!
>>
>>27640714
I draw knights, armor weapons and dragons.

I cant into faces but I'm trying to improve.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.