[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people do this? What makes them so confident they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Why do people do this? What makes them so confident they have all the answers?
>>
>>27639735
You've got it all wrong. Those suicide lifelines aren't there to counsel you or talk you down, it's literally to kill time until they can get police/EMS at your door to forcibly remove you from the situation.

As for the Tumblr shit, who knows. Nothing wrong with wanting to help I guess.
>>
>>27639735
It's for PR
>>
>>27639778
Why do they want to forcibly remove you from the situation?

Like in the US if you're on death row it's somehow considered escaping justice if you'd commit suicide before your execution. It makes no sense.
>>
>>27639735
>http://www.7cups.com/
Err how has this not been raided, and or baited? Seems too easy.
>>
>>27639822
Because suicide is illegal, and if you call that phone number they're assuming you're about to commit said crime. So they forcibly intervene using the power of the State to remove you from that situation and get you "help". It's implied that without their intervention you'll probably try to kill yourself at some point.
>>
>>27639735
Because they think that they're helping you by telling you "no, don't do it, you have so much to live for" and they feel better because of it. Back when I had suicidal thoughts I had a very hard time finding actual information, because anytime I'd try to look something up all I'd get was people telling me not to do it. That's why I really respect sites like lostallhope which just show you statistics and methods without that preachy bullshit.
>>
>>27639735
It's not about having the answers anon, it's about helping you find yours.
>>
>>27639866

>Call them
>"Hello sir-"
>Turn on fan, put it against the phone and scream that you already jumped.
>After a few seconds throw your phone to the ground and play a sound effect of people screaming.
>>
>>27639933
record reactions
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.