[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sociology 2770
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1459213696365.jpg (45 KB, 550x435) Image search: [Google]
1459213696365.jpg
45 KB, 550x435
Sociology class experiment
>>
I don't use social media you normie scum
>>
>>27639518
>sociology class experiment

Sure, friend.

I don't have social media but if I did I couldn't be myself because it would fuck up future job opportunities. I also don't have any friends so social media would be futile.
>>
>>27639518
I get to just say things and not worry about who will read it or what they will think of me.
>>
File: 1458684904303.jpg (693 KB, 1148x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458684904303.jpg
693 KB, 1148x1000
>>27639518
It doesn't make make uncomfortable though.

To post on social media you need
> a message
> friends to tell the message to
> Be awake during the day

It's impossible for robots to have social media because they usually lack two or three of these essential things.

Even if, stay with me here, they managed to get friends they'd quickly lose them when they get tired of the whole "fuck women, reee" bullshit that is frequently found here.

That's my two cents anyway.
>>
>>27639518
That anything and everything is saved and can be accessed at anytime. I also don't support the idea of social networks, did you know that employers will investigate you harder if you don't have at the least a fake social media that you post on? They get all suspicious thinking you have something to hide and shit.
>>
File: chomprocks.jpg (98 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
chomprocks.jpg
98 KB, 1024x655
>>27639518
I get to vent whatever I want without fear of social reprecussions.

Of course I may get called a faggot, but that's an easily shrugged off insult from someone else who is anonymous.

Since there's no risk of social perjury, I feel safe. Safe to exist and safe to share opinions.
>>
>>27639518

Ego is involved in social media. Your ego. If you're into sociology, learn this much:

Social media is prototype sociological interconnection between people using the internet. didn't exist on the scale it does today twenty or thirty years ago. For thousands of years it didn't exist.

It's an experiment, and the botnets have the reigns. Ask yourself, why -would- you want to use social media?
>>
>>27639903
This.

People start to feel an entitlement to your privacy because of social media. I don't know what the obsession with constantly giving the world updates on your mundane life.

It's rare that anyone is ever doing anything noteworthy or exciting often enough to post on social media as often as people do.

I actually hated cell phones when they first came out. They give people constant access to you, but you can turn them off, at least.

When Facebook started gaining popularity I refused to make one, and a friend of mine at the time literally made one for me without my permission because he felt I should have one.

He's an attention whore and constantly posted selfies and food pics like a girl.

But yeah, fuck social media.
>>
File: 1458902865668.jpg (43 KB, 506x405) Image search: [Google]
1458902865668.jpg
43 KB, 506x405
>>27639518
Don't have friends
also meme spewing autists like me don't fair well when exposed
>>
>>27639518
>making others do your homework
Fuck it. I'll bite. I got nothing better going on.

Everything you say is recorded. All day everyday I put on a mask. Granted, people generally have a very positive view of me and I can hear it in their tone as they speak with me however, I'm quite sick of using the mask all the time. With anonymity, I can be as rude as i want to be, be as evil and I deem to be. Overall, if I act like how I want in real life to my co-workers and friends they'd all demonize me. To those who I have shown my true interests to they have called me sadistic and some have called me sociopathic.
I treat social media the same way as i do real life. Everything you say or do is tied to your name, to your face, to your own account. With 4chan and other anonymous sites I have nothing to worry about. Hell, I could spam whole threads and no one could even know.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.