[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I realized something today after coming back from handing in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1417763032758.png (21 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1417763032758.png
21 KB, 510x546
I realized something today after coming back from handing in the final application for my job.
It made me realize this: Is this it? Is this the middle step of my life? I'm going to be doing this job for the rest of my life, following rules and regulations for as long as I live or at least until I retire? I'm going to retire?
I get it, this is all stuff for a man to do, this is what people do, this is reality, this is fucking everything I understand, but what I don't understand is why is everyone OK with this? Life is unfair; alright, do something about it? No, you can't change anything about it. What are my options in this case? To deal with it I guess.
This isn't the only thing people have to deal with, people just naturally are not in control, we're not at a time when the common people are. This won't change soon, so instead I'll just have to live through it like everyone else did before me. This is drifting through life, the exact thing I want to avoid. Without a job, though, what can you accomplish realistically?

So, what are you as a human being and member of your culture supposed to do? What is expected of you during your life? Has anyone ever stopped, looked around, and thought "Why?"
>>
>>27638304
>Has anyone ever stopped, looked around, and thought "Why?"
Woah son, better be careful with that free thought! We might label you a weirdo if you step out of line too often!
>>
>>27638304
Honestly, I feel you, but it's not like it's ever been any different. When we were still picking pieces of feces out of each others fur we were forced to gather fruits, then we had to hunt for meat, then we worked the land, we fought somebody else's wars, we slaved away in factories, and now we sit at a desk all day. Same shit, different means, it's basic survival m8. What else did you intend to do with your time on earth?
>>
>>27638472
Break away, but everything is preventing everyone that wants to from doing so. I'm preventing myself, even. The job I applied for isn't what I want to do, but what I want to do is in an over-saturated field that, unless I get lucky, am likely to fail in. I'm not going into the details just to keep this away from a blog, but instead I'll turn it into another question:
Why is our pursuit of personal happiness halted by things out of our control? Want to go here? Get money. Want to have this? Get money. Alright, I'm no savage, I won't steal, so how do I get money? By working.

Time is the most valuable thing in a person's life. When someone asks you to trade the most precious thing in your life for the least sentimental, most replaceable, and, ironically, worst thing that you could give to someone, why would you take that offer? Money can't buy happiness, money can't buy love, money can't buy friendship, so why do I need it?

Of course, I'll never be taken seriously when asking these questions, and to be fair I could have asked better ones, but it's not like they were listening anyway; >>27638343 is too fucking real
>>
>>27638304
Become a NEET or a hobo. Anything beats work.
>>
>>27638304
>Is this the middle step of my life?
No.

It's the end of your life.

For robots, wageslaving is hell. It never ends.
>>
>>27638304
The reality is that people don't really like being alive or care for it however our bodies are good at keeping us going, cruelly so.
>>
>has anyone thought "why"
Yes, and they thought "so I won't starve, I get to fuck people, and do other shit I want in exchange for doing stuff I may not want to do"

Autistic shitlord. Many people even enjoy their job. Think of it, if you could get paid to shitpost on 4chan every day, would you? Of course you would. Some people actually like their work, and want to do more of that work, and get to for even more money.
>>
>>27638796
I wanted to write end, but for whatever reason I thought of retirement

Which is the end of your life anyway, because your youth is gone and you're one step away from death
>>
>>27638868
well you obviously do it for free
>>
File: 1459222306397.png (11 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1459222306397.png
11 KB, 424x426
>>27638304
I've been working my current job for over 4 years now, it pays well and I'm saving money. I've forgone luxuries in order to save for when "I really start my life". These years have been a joyless blur to me, I hate my job and have done nothing outside of it. No friends, no relationships. I'm not particularly interested in relationships but that's beside the point.

Anyway to loop back to your post, I've considered the same thing. There has to be more than this in life. If I had to continue what I'm doing now forever I'd take my own life today. I just don't know what to do now. It feels like my dreams and aspirations have been sucked out of me.
>>
>>27638868
>Many people even enjoy their job.

No, most people -say- they like their job when they clearly would prefer to be doing something else because it helps them process the misery of doing it in the first place.
>>
>>27639179
I think I'm in the same position as you.
I have worked out if I buy nothing and do nothing I will be able to retire at 40 and thats the best I can hope for.
>>
>>27638868
If those people weren't being paid they would quit in an instant.
>>
>>27639414
I won't make it to 40 without going crazy. It's not working itself that's the problem, it's the soul crushing monotony of it all. I'm sure there's something else like starting a business, but I have no idea what I'd do.
>>
>>27639511
I know I doubt I'll make it there I'm burning up after less than 2 years.
>>
>>27639179
Buy lots of land in the middle of nowhere and ghost.
>>
>>27639511
That's funny,I usually say I won't make it to 40 period. I never want to get that old, my youth gone, 20 years of nothing, all I have to show for it is things, material wealth.

Why do we study all this shit written by authors addressing this exact same problem then just ignore it all?
>>
>>27638304
you can work towards other stuff in your freetime or get a different job that affords you more free time after a couple years you big baby. If you get a decent job you are lucky, don't expect it to last either.

culture expects you provide a good or service and follow the guidelines laid out and to a lesser extent the norms
>>
>>27639611
I don't think it goes ignored by the people who read and understand it, it eats away at us while we're paralyzed by fear. Our inaction will be our downfall, but I'm not sure I have the strength to do anything about it.

Sorry if that came off as too fedora.
>>
>>27639821
What action can we take? I have no power or control
>>
>>27639874
Untrue, unless you're a prisoner you do have control over yourself and what you do. The problem is the options might be total shit.
>>
>>27639874
Well if you need money to do what you want then not alot, guess you just have to wait untill you retire and let the paper jew take the prime years of your life as payment
>>
>>27639941
>>27639956
Both of these mean the same thing

I can't choose to have a nice life, I don't have the means
>>
File: 1428623287031.png (143 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1428623287031.png
143 KB, 501x585
>>27638304
>This isn't the only thing people have to deal with, people just naturally are not in control, we're not at a time when the common people are

Don't start asking questions goyi- I mean "valued employee"
>>
>>27638868
>so I won't starve, I get to fuck people

so they admit they're nothing more than animals
>>
If you feeling lost this song will probably describe it to a T. This thread basically describes the mindstate I wrote this track in.
https://soundcloud.com/vb2edvlsbpjo/fsociety
>>
>>27640149
Check the link anon, that's just some retarded nigger rap trash
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.