[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just accepted a job at a call center, and I rarely ever speak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Peter Parker.jpg (54 KB, 933x600) Image search: [Google]
Peter Parker.jpg
54 KB, 933x600
Just accepted a job at a call center, and I rarely ever speak to anybody period

They told me it's high stress and "prepare to get verbally abused"

What the fuck did I get myself into /r9k/
>>
WHEN YOU FIX
>>
>>27638076
find a better job anon call centers are shit and they look bad on your resume
>>
Just remember these people aren't mad at you. They don't know you, they will never know you.

Laugh at their anger. Not directly at them, but just remember its not personal.
>>
>>27638155
THIS DAMN
>>
Into something that will help you learn how to talk to people and tolerate verbal insults.
>>
>>27638236
DOOR
>>
If you're patient and have a thick skin, it might be a cushy job.
As for me, I could take an insulting comment or two, but the blindness and stupidity on the part of our clients got to me. I finally quit because there were days where I wanted to take somebody's head off. Some customers just will not listen to reason. If a person has a legitimate complaint that's one thing, but they make so many assumptions and then blame you when the organization that employs you doesn't work exactly in the way that they want it to, or heard that it does. They act as if you, the customer service representative, are the one who makes policy. I just got tired of being a scapegoat. You probably will too.
>>
>>27638339
DOOR
O
O
R

RENT
E
N
T
>>
>>27638169
Lol I realize that but I'm barely making any money on unemployment
>>
>>27638169
how do they look bad? Experience is experience.
>>
>>27638399
Sounds awful anon

They grilled me pretty hard during the interview, the woman was grilling me and mocking my experience, testing my nerves

Am I too old for this shit? I'm 25
>>
>>27638764
Honestly, I believe you have be a bit of a masochist to do that kind of work for more than a few years, and some people would even say a few months. You're not too old for it, but you'll want to quit or work a different department eventually. Customers are probably less likely to be rude to someone your age than if you were just some punk kid, but the stubborn ones will still piss you off. The people who just don't seem to comprehend how businesses work or don't care are the worst, and they will wear you down.
Also, be on the lookout for ripoff artists; people who are trying to exploit the company. As the employee on duty, you can and will be held responsible for any way in which they cheat your business. It's not for the faint of heart anon, but there are worse ways to make ends meet, and sometimes people are actually grateful for your assistance. I'd say try out the job and see if you have what it takes. Just remember to stay calm, and repeat things as many times as you have to for them to understand.
>>
>>27639117
How would they know how old he is over the phone?Not OP but I'm also 25 and probably gonna be doing this over break from uni.
>>
>>27639171
It's not really about how old you are, but how cool you are under pressure and how much crap you can take. No matter your age, you will encounter these difficult clients on a fairly regular basis. If you've got a temper at all, then the job is probably not right for you. If you never seem to lose your cool, it might be a good way to make some extra cash without schooling or hard labor. At some point, you will almost certainly get fed up with it, but if you're just looking for a summer job or something it's OK.
>>
Call center job is easy shit. You literally just sit there and repeat a script the whole day. Half the agents are playing video games on their phone the whole the time. Yes some people will be abusive, but it's not like they're mad at you personally, they're just bitchy in general. Just remember not to take it personal and maintain a sense of abstraction and its fine. Literally one of the easiest jobs there is, pays pretty well usually (considering the low amount of work required), and lots of opportunity for advancement. It's not stressful at all.
>>
>>27638076
I worked call center for two years.
Part d medical stuff. No cold calls.
I was 99.98% quality and like 8mins handle time.

Ama
>>
>>27640591
Is fapping to traps gay
>>
>>27638764
You need skin thicker than an elephant's and the patience of the Pope.

I've worked a lot of jobs, everything from minimum wage fast food to hospital interns, and I can tell you being a customer service rep over the phone is the most stressful, demeaning, and self-destructive job there possibly is.

You'll get yelled at, screamed at, and blamed nonstop for things that are out of your control, and no matter how much you try to help the people, they'll beat you down and make your life hell for no reason other than because they're upset and pricks.

One phone call I had
>THIS IS YOUR FAULT, YOUR FUCKING FAULT, YOU WORK FOR [X COMPANY] THEREFORE YOU REPRESENT THEM
>YOU'RE AN AWFUL PERSON FOR LETTING THIS HAPPEN BLAH BLAH BLAH
>GIVE ME YOUR NAME SO I CAN REPORT YOU TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!!!
Got a writeup and suspension
.....for something I had no part in
>>
>>27641023
Yes.
Only fapping to trans girls is straight.
Traps are crossdressing men.
Transexuals are women and have a predictable negative response to T which proves that biologically their brain is wired female.

Transtrenders such as Steppffhony and Bruce Hon Jenner aren't transsexuals but broken middle aged men with a crossdressing fetish, pedophilia, and a complete misunderstanding and enjoyment of participating in the black face of trans and cis women.
>>
>>27641117
Don't they record calls for revision in case shit like this happens?
>>
Man working at a call centre for a year made me like 90% more normie.

When you get there though, look at the older staff. Look at the people in their 30's and 40's who still work in a job that will take anyone with no experience. Use that as fucking determination to get out of there at the first opportunity if you can. Do not, I'm fucking telling you, do NOT become someone who spends their life working there because it's easy.

Also, for some reason call center girls are like whores 90% of the time. Christmas parties usually involves in some girl getting passed around the office and gang fucked. Strangest stories from working in a call centre for a year.
>>
>>27641369
They do. He's either working in a call center in India, this happened in the 90's or it didn't happen at all.
>>
>>27641369
Yeah, but the customer is always right, remember?

It was my fault because as a professional I should have found some way to calm her down

Even though

I have no authority in the system

I have no power to make executive decisions

I can't do anything about her problem aside from listen to her bitch
>>
>>27641447
>Christmas parties usually involves in some girl getting passed around the office and gang fucked
h-hot
>>
I was in the same position as you where I rarely spoke to anyone and suddenly found myself working at a call centre.

First of all, try not to worry too much about the work itself. You'll get used to it sooner than you think, to the point where you'll be able to get your job done while lost in fantasies. I had to read a two minute declaration at the end of every call and within 2 months of starting was able to recite it without reading the script, half the time I would be falling asleep. Also, I assume the first few weeks will be training so you might as well give it a try for that easy first paycheck.

The people saying that being abused on the phone is brutal are pussies, it'll make you feel out of your element the first couple of times (or if you're lucky it'll rarely happen anyway) but eventually you'll just switch it off. If you're smart, you'll be able to get away with disconnecting calls if you start to panic.

There's no single aspect of a call center job that makes it awful, it's just the mind-numbing monotonity of it in general that turns it into an iron man match. I couldn't handle it anymore after a certain point and quit, I seriously can't understand how anyone can for more than a few years. I can only assume it takes the responsibility of providing for your kids to do it for life.

The first few months you may find yourself enjoying it depending on how much normie is in you, but just know that it's the feelings it instills in you over time that will start to make you wish you were dead rather than the actual role itself. You'll soon wonder why you were worried about talking to these people.
>>
File: Fmbumjk.png (156 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
Fmbumjk.png
156 KB, 1211x1259
act comically positive, it'll trigger the shit out of the normies.
>>
>>27641609
This sums it up nicely.

>first call jitters turns into 5000th call monotomy
>>
>>27641626
>act comically positive
Fuck man, I used to do that if people were screaming the shit out of me. Admittedly I worked for the tax office and these people were finding out they had tens of thousands of dollars of debt.

>tfw talked to some woman for like an hour when I moved to my countries fraud department
>she was reporting her friend, a fellow prostitute
>I had to record what sort of things she did every day and how much she made to estimate her potential earnings as she was paying no tax
>roastie ended up getting hit with about $50k in tax bills for 4 years unpaid tax

I never got the follow up calls where I have to break the news unfortunately.
>>
>>27641117
>>27641369
see https://clyp.it/iab4cr0d

>>27641447
night crew is chill crew
most girls were single parents
one insanely hot girl was nuts as fuck and I found out she had $30,000 in credit card debt over shoes

>>27641493
You need to be more authoritative or they will walk all over you.
I want to say over two years I only had about 3 people who were uncontrollable. 2 of them later in the call apologized and were going through a ton of shit and just kinda exploded. The other person was still pissed off but it was because his mother was dying.
99.99% of the time, its because the agent sounds unsure of themselves and lacks confidence and even if youre right, the customer will get all flakey and scared and they start to get combative and doubt your skills, because if you dont believe in yourself how are they supposed to put their life in your hands.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.