[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hobbies general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: mosin.jpg (25 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
mosin.jpg
25 KB, 600x363
What are some of your hobbies robots? bonus points if they're autistic or induce keks

here are mine
>soap carving
comfy, feels good, stimulating, and very autistic
>jerky making
tastes good, relaxing, and helps me not eat junk food like cookies and chips all day. also very autistic
>guns
awesome, satisfies primal urges so I don't kill some random stacy, I like the mechanics as well as the ballistics

>pic kinda related
>>
File: 1459769126238.jpg (181 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459769126238.jpg
181 KB, 400x400
>>27636511
>Vidya
common enough
>animu
Also not surprising
>Warhammer 40k and other war games
Absolutely one of the most autistic hobbies it involves model building and liking strategy war games
>>
File: IMG_0318.jpg (765 KB, 1470x1102) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.jpg
765 KB, 1470x1102
>Guns
Collecting and some competitive shooting. Not very good but it's something
>Cars
I've had a few project cars and enjoy going to open track days for drifting. Right now this hobby is on the backburner because it's the most expensive.
>DJ
Mostly bedroom mixes but occasionally play out at local clubs.
>Vidya
Errday in between the other shit.
>>
>>27636511
>Vidya
I really only play TF2. Not exactly normie but not exactly underground. I'd describe it as reddit-tier honestly
>Warhammer 40k
Goddamn I love Orks. Too bad their army sucks right now. Playing it is still fun tho. Even if I lose most of the time and have only neared a taufag 3 times in my entire career
>Warhammer fantasy
Fuck AoS. I love skaven, Orks, and tomb kings. Lizardmen are cool too. I only play Orks tho
>Role playing D&D style games
Currently working on my home brew world. Having a blast
>shitposting
It is an art
>>
File: obrezforHD.gif (2 MB, 370x281) Image search: [Google]
obrezforHD.gif
2 MB, 370x281
>>27636511
Nice

My only real hobby is fucking with cars.
I like the mechanical stuff as well as the speed. And it's becoming a decent career for me too.

I like tinkering with shit and watching movies but idk if that counts.
>>
>vidya
Literally the best hobby/interest.
>learning languages
French and German. I suck at both.
>learning programming
Java and HTML. Kill me now.
>playing keyboard
Or trying to. Pretty shit at it.
>SHITPOSTING
What else.

>>27638106
>Role playing D&D style games
I really want to do that but you need friends to do it. I played a bit of an online pnp D&D game. Didn't last due to timezones and people being busy.
>>
i know this is gonna sound stupid af, and isnt really a "thing", but...

i spend quite a lot of my free time just browsing the internet and saving shit that i like, that makes me feels comfortable, happy, etc. like i feel i could show all these pictures, etc. to someone and say "hey, this is me". whether it be finding a new artists, a particular photographers work, whatever.

its weird to describe, but i just like finding/discovering things that me myself and i enjoys. i just find it enjoyable even though i might feel completely lost at times i can still find solitude in someone elses work.

is this a hobby, or just another waste of time. sorry if it all sounds completely autistic, really dunno how to describe it.
>>
File: 1414723031148.png (322 KB, 838x959) Image search: [Google]
1414723031148.png
322 KB, 838x959
Lifting is literally the only thing I do besides shitposting.

>>27638106
>Warhammer fantasy

Dead game.
>>
>cooking, baking, decorating cakes
>crocheting
>making soap
>learning to play guitar
>reading
>some vidya, have lost interest over the years
>shitposting

Pretty boring, overall.
>>
>>27636511
>vidya released between 1995 - 2005, historiography and ww1 history, historical economics, literary analysis, cinematography, eating pickled onion sandwiches

T I S M
I
S
M
>>
>Musical instruments, particularly the violin, I play the piano and guitar too.
>Programming
>Learning languages, I'm fluent in 4
>Working out
>>
>>27636511
You're a fat white man with redneck poor parents. Right?
>>
>>27637468
>strategy gaming has become so dead that they're now considered autistic to enjoy
Just fuck my shit up senpai.
People don't appreciate the art of grand strategy or model colouring anymore.
>>
Vidya, travelling, guitar, cooking
>>
3d designing/printing, attempting to code, cooking, general DIY projects
>>
pretty much just guitar. it's the only hobby I've been consistent with throughput my life.
>>
File: silenced laser sight.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
silenced laser sight.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
I used to make vidya stuff in Source but stopped because everyone makes fun of it constantly, and it's boring to do it with no possible audience for anything I make.

I want to get into target shooting with air rifles.
>>
>>27638364
>>27638386
>>27638433
>>27638523
Look how many people here play guitar. Has it ever helped you get girls?
>>
>>27638569

No, but since I'm straight, I've never tried to woo a girl.

Also, I said I was learning. I'm god-awful at playing.
>>
>yugioh love that game
>shit posting
>magic
>dnd
>ur mum
>>
File: 1458878102962.png (26 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1458878102962.png
26 KB, 400x500
>>27638413
Ye, I feel you senpai but I mostly mean the people who play are normally complete spergs I am one
>>
>>27638569
I play live in bars. so.... no, It has never helped me with girls. don't bother with instruments if you want to impress girls, literally no one gives a fuck, they only like chads that play guitar.
>>
>>27638325
/tg/, 9th age, my friends, and Total War: Warhammer disagree.
>>27638270
Go onto /tg/ game finder threads and roll20. Roll20 usually ha/ shitty players/GMs on it but they can make for hilarious stories. Also go on /tg/ that guy threads. It'll help you catch bullshit behavior and obvious signs of said behavior
>>
File: 1430647104316.jpg (93 KB, 395x458) Image search: [Google]
1430647104316.jpg
93 KB, 395x458
>organizing things
I love organizing things. I used to have a huge perfectly organized lego collection. Nowadays I mostly download pictures from imageboards etc. and put them in their respective folders. Same goes with music and other stuff. I'm really autistic about this and I can spend my whole day putting things where they belong. Put on some comfy music in the background and I'm set.

>drawing
I'm not all that great and I lose motivation easily, but it's fun.

>lego
I was really into it a few years ago and it satisfied my autism. I currently lack the space and money to get back into it though.

I really want to learn new things, but I can't keep my motivation going. I spend most of my time just mindlessly browsing the internet to numb the feels. I wish I could learn something new with a small group of people I get along with. I get so easily demotivated, when I'm all by myself.
>>
>Collecting trainers (sneakers)
I just love how there are so many variations. I like to take photos of them too. Also feels great when you finally get your hand on a pair. you've been after for a long time. Expensive though

>Learning new languages
French and Italian are my best. Spanish is a close third. Arabic is next on my list. I find them fascinating.

>Wine
Especially red. Definitely a hobby that a lot of people would call snobby or what have you but I enjoy trying different ones and learning about them. I love the complexity.
>>
>>27638433
>traveling

normies get out
>>
>electric guitar
It wouldn't be autistic if I didn't play it on Rocksmith 2014. Also I like metal, which is autistic in itself.
>music videos
I save music videos from YouTube (preferably of metal) and watch them over and over again
>documentaries
I like watching historical documentaries, pretty autistic
>video game lore
I'm super obsessed with video game lore. For example, I used to read every single elder scrolls book 5 times.
>vampires
I dig edgy vampire stuff very much, such as Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, and cutting myself and tasting the blood
>>
>>27638314
Hey if you like it I can't say it's not legit. I had a friend who does something like you do. he would find pictures or art or animus girls or whatever he liked and just print it out on scrappy paper and tape it to his walls/angled ceiling he had. his whole room was wallpapered with internet stuff he printed out. I wouldn't normally consider printed paper to be decoration tier quality material but this guys room was undeniably the coolest I've ever been in. I reccomend you try doing the same.
>>
File: SKATE_FO_01.jpg (166 KB, 590x440) Image search: [Google]
SKATE_FO_01.jpg
166 KB, 590x440
>vidya
doesnt need any more explanation
>browsing r9k
of course
>smoking weed
pretty comfy, i actually like the act of smoking a j just as much as the high
>skating
pretty fun, good way to get around town and learning tricks is pretty rewarding. also gets you pussy
>>
File: 1458690996312.png (69 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1458690996312.png
69 KB, 226x223
>>27638698
>vampires
wew that is autistic
>>
>>27638673
Would you clean and organise my house if I locked you inside?
>>
>>27638673
I feel you on the organising front. I've got over 3000 songs in my iTunes library currently all with their correct title, artist, album, artwork and year of release right down to the punctuation and letter case. I had the same on my old computer but ~6000 before it died on me. I'm also a highly tidy person as well.
>>
>>27638743
Let someone else do the cleaning and I'll make the place comfy for you.
>>
>>27638752
you can use tagging software to automatically do that. I have 300gbs of music organized like that.
>>
>>27638801
My whole life has been a lie.
Still, I enjoy the process. Why so much music though? Do you listen to it all?
>>
>>27638964
I've been on private music trackers for like 10 years, I started on oink, I just haven't deleted anything and have it all backed up. it's really not that much music considering how long I've been downloading shit. I know some people on these sites that have like 10 tbs of music.
>>
>fishing
Not very autistic but alot of my normies my age dont get it because their only exposure to fishing is sitting there with a line in the water jacking off

>hunting
Some peoll think im a sociopath for killing cute animals. But its also pretty normcore

>vidya
Probably most "autistic" hobby i have but even normies all play games now

>politics
I dont really get too involved with helping canidates or anything like that but i spend more hours then i should reading about politicians and reading news.
>>
>Brewing
It's fun, takes almost no effort, and gets me smashed. I make mead 99% of the time and thats fun to experiment with

>Smoking weed
Its fun

>History
I'm a huge nerd
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-58-53.png (308 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-58-53.png
308 KB, 1080x1920
>cars
I gotta rip the back roads to feel alive. It's also an escape. I only have a VW right now but I plan on getting something like a 3000gt or 350z. The maintenance and customization is wonderful.
>DIY
I make my own solutions to common problems. Recently I made a dslr suction mount out of bathroom handles for old people and pvc.
>Anything with a good narrative
JRPG'S, animu, movies, books, and especially if there is an emotional impact so I can feel something in my life devoid of real emotions.
>Cooking
I like experimenting and making very rich dishes. Probably because I'm a fat fuck.
>>
>rock climbing
i go climb at a facility i'm climbing v4's in bouldering once i get really proficient at them i'm going climbing outdoors
>hiking
i love getting out in nature and walking around it's so tranquil and calming
>lifting weights
i don't do this as often as i used to i have a lower back injury but i still enjoying strapping 25 pounds to my waist and doing pull ups
>playing drums
i love metal and playing drums is as primal and satisfying as it gets
>>
>manga
I like to read manga on my iPhone.

>guitar
Can play chords and learn songs.

>wire wrapping
Taking crystals and wire and making necklaces or key chains.
>>
>motorcycles
Riding around the city alone on a motorcycle is pretty comfy. I stop occasionally go sight see or eat at an interesting place. I also race bikes on the track, but it's expensive.
>shooting
Fun, but like masturbating, the high wears off quickly
>working out
On days that I'm not wanting to kill myself, it feels good to progress towards a better life
>alcohol
On days that I do want to kill myself, nothing feels better than that first drink
>outdoors
I like hiking and the outdoors, but Texas is a shitty place for this.

I'm stuck in a constant cycle of wanting to improve my life and not wanting to interact with people
>>
>>27638673
If you are so autistic about putting things where they belong you should seriously consider a career in Accounting anon
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.