[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stop thinking your misery is because you can't get laid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>9/10 face and tall
>get sex easily
>currently have 4 regular hookups i met from tinder (with 1 or 2 new ones every month)
>can get a gf within minutes if i wanted
>still utterly depressed and hate life
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xGVIFmJ58
>>
Post pic of face

orginalimando
>>
A moment of silence for our depressed Chad Thundercock
>>
>>27633931
wtf, Kek. what is this Magic?
>>
>>27633897
Its not really the fact that I can't get one, it's knowing the probability that the relationship would fail and we probably wouldn't be that close. And you know life fucking sucks all around in general but a girlfriend that you truly love does boost spirits if even for a little while.
>>
>>27633931
>tfw opening while headset is muted
>>
>>27633897
Theres two forms of depression right.

1.) Your needs in life are being met. You have a place to live, you arent starving, you have relationships. But you are still feeling depressed despite everything going well. This is more of clinical depression.

2.) Your life sucks, you are at the bottom of the totem. You are sick, you dont have a fulfilling relationship, you are broke, you are facing foreclosure. Your life is sucking. You are depressed. This is just feeling the reality of where your life is.
>>
>>27634093
What if it's a mix of both?
>>
>>27634093
1st one is me. I have everything I want but still sad.
>>
>>27634144
I think if any of your needs arent being met, then its still just feeling the reality of your current position in life.

So the good news would be you can keep trying at life and once you get your needs met you might finally be happy. You dont really know until you get there.

I've been depressed for the longest so Im just rattling off stuff I've heard. I went to a therapist once and they sort of said the same thing tho I didnt appreciate it at the time.

Its possible for your life to get better, and you might as well try and tweak minor things instead of just jumping to conclusions with no possibility of hope.

Cant get a girlfriend. Either Im a loser who doesnt deserve to be loved because otherwise I would be able to get a gf so there is no reason to try anything different. Or maybe Im just not smiling enough. Could smile more and if that doesnt work, maybe Im not making enough eye contact. Then of course eventually after trudging through all of those and still not getting a gf, of course I can come to the conclusion I'm just a loser. But only really after going through it all at that macro level.

>>27634261
That sucks. Could try the memes exercise, vitamin d, meditation. I dont really believe in anti-depressants but I imagine theyd be a last resort for people who are the 1st one.

For people who are the 2nd, its like you could take an anti-depressant but your life would still fundamentally suck. Youd still not have your basic needs met so medicine or even self-medicating through drugs/alcohol still wouldnt actually make any real improvement.

Sorry for rambling
>>
>>27634398
Well I mean what really defines a need? Like literally the needs of survival? Because those are completely different from how depression is usually stemmed.
>>
>>27634890
You could say needs like in the hierarchy of needs.

When I said needs I really meant more of like just the basic things you want in life. Comfortable place to live, fulfilling relationships (friends, family, lover). Essentially whether or not your life sucks. If your life sucks and your depressed its probably because your life sucks. If anyone who looked at your life and could say its a reasonably nice life but you are still depressed its just probably more clinical than situational.
>>
bump for interest?dfgdhfdghdfd
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.