[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does life suck so hard these days? Even the successful normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Why does life suck so hard these days? Even the successful normies I know are miserable fucks.
>>
File: were all here to feel.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
were all here to feel.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>27633336
yeah i know what you mean everyone's sad as fuck lately, maybe its getting older, or maybe it the increasing complexities of our lives, im sure someone more eloquent and perceptive than me could put their finger on it ,but i definitely get the sense everyone has become exhausted and sad with life.

i know i have.
>>
over worked, over stimulated, isolated

we aren't meant to live like this.
>>
>>27633336
I know what you mean. I'm in Uni and my normie classmates/acquaintances are all on alcohol, drugs or cigarettes to cope with their lives. I have legitimate depression problems and am pretty much a shutin but I don't do any of those things.
>>
>>27635022
I heard that the Japanese have it worse. Does anime help them at all (since it's a big part of their culture iirc) or does it make the isolation and stuff hit even harder (there's only so much a body pillow can do right?)?
>>
>>27635115
just go look at their declining birth rate. theyre fucking miserable, that's why they have all those distractions, it fills the void a bit.
>>
>>27635182
Rip society or something then. Wonder if other countries will suffer the same, or will the middle East/Africa keep pumping out babbies. How's China's birth rate btw? Are they similar to Japan's?
>>
It's just what happens when you live in a hedonistic, God-less society. We're experiencing the exact same phenomena that lead to the fall of Rome. Hold onto your britches boys, it's going to be one hell of a bumpy ride.
>>
>>27633336
The industrial age brought about corporate slavery.
We are basically fucking slaves who earn money to pay for our food and shelter instead of having it provided for us.
>>
>>27635324
Please fuck off and die, christfag.
Your religion is literally one of the worst memes in western societies. Thank fuck it has all but neutered.
>>
>>27635324
ew I don't want to go to church. there has to be some middle ground between endlessly devout piety and disgusting carnal hedonism
>>
>>27635324
instead of germanic barbarian hordes, America will be eventually overrun by mexicans. they will storm our capital in 1992 toyotas with 38 people packed in each car.
>>
>>27635414
God bless Toyota.
>>
>>27635115
Anime is not as big as you think in Japan, sure its an industry but its just that. Most teenages/young adults hate anime - all the hikimoris are considered nerds etc.
>>
>>27635076
this, and you'd think it'd inspire some sort of Schadenfreude within you but seeing everyone else be just as miserable really just makes you even more miserable
>>
>>27635395
Not even a Christfag. Do you think I'd be here if I wasn't a miserable little hedonist like everyone else?
>>27635401
There's not. You're either working for your own benefit or someone else's.
>>27635414
and Europe will be taken over by Muslims.
>>
I guess that's just life

When you grow up you get tired of it, and why wouldn't you? You can get tired of everything else so why not life itself?
>>
I know the feel OP. It's not natural, and not to sound delusional, but I feel like there is something sinister behind this. Someone in an office somewhere is laughing at us.
>>
>>27635433
>Most teenages/young adults hate anime
Don't comment on things you have no real world experience with, anon.
>all the hikimoris are considered nerds etc.
That is a complete non sequitur.

>>27635536
>Do you think I'd be here if I wasn't a miserable little hedonist like everyone else?
What the fuck are you on about?
You sound like some puritan retard.
Stop projecting your fetishes unto the rest of us.
>>
>>27635433
Really? Huh, so all those pics of those people carrying around boddy pillows or things like that one butt smelling museum are just a minority? Well the media does like blowing things up, but Japan feels more... Realistic, considering the "wierd things in Japan" pictures and stuff
>>
>>27635587
>Someone in an office somewhere is laughing at us.
They are. These are the people who own banks and multinational corporations.

>>27635613
>Huh, so all those pics of those people carrying around boddy pillows or things like that one butt smelling museum are just a minority?
What on earth does that have to do with anime or manga?
>considering the "wierd things in Japan" pictures and stuff
Jesus what are you, a normalfag? Don't tell me you take that shit seriously. It's clickbait for retards who have no idea what the world outside their nation is like.
>>
File: 1459737044218.jpg (82 KB, 960x708) Image search: [Google]
1459737044218.jpg
82 KB, 960x708
>>27635022

Basically this. We're bombarded with so much information constantly, and it's near impossible to get away from; you're never isolated from the infosphere, despite being often separated from other people because everyone is "jacking in" to shit like Facebook and Twitter and using images and videos and small quotes to communicate their ideas and thoughts, resulting in a massive, jarring disconnect from our own reality.

Further, I don't know if this can be extrapolated, but I feel I am ALWAYS competing with EVERYONE at all times, instead of just at work or in designated arenas. Social media is both an admittance of mediocrity and a memetic arms-race between friends to be more clever or noticeable.

Base urges for sex, violence, entertainment thereof, etc. is satisfied and satisfied to the point of ubiquity: nothing is novel to anyone when so much is so readily available. This burnout and addiction to instant gratification means it's ironically harder to turn to more rich but less instantly satisfying media like novels or essays; many attention-spans have been minimized.

The smartphone was final nail; humans do not have the hardware to handle the software society is currently running on. We're all being destroyed and tortured in a gentle, pernicious way.
>>
File: satan.jpg (158 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
158 KB, 550x367
>>27635587
>Someone in an office somewhere is laughing at us.
He's not doing so well either, anon. Stop thinking about yourself for a change.
>>
>>27635659
Just asking man, no need to be so hostile/defensive. As you can assume, I have little knowledge on this subject, so I am asking so clarify. And aren't body pillows based off anime/manga characters? And people buy them to get closer to said characters? Helping to fill a void with wiafus? I dunno, that's why I ask
>>
>>27634995
>increasing complexity of our lives
Nigger this is probably the comfiest time there'll ever be.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.