[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How goes the job hunt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1459729001425.jpg (428 KB, 1328x904) Image search: [Google]
1459729001425.jpg
428 KB, 1328x904
How goes the job hunt?
>>
>Get offered job during interview
>Two weeks go by without contact
>Called them to find out what's wrong
>We've decided not to move forward with the hiring process

Fuck you for stringing me forward for two weeks.
>>
File: 1364380311532.gif (497 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
1364380311532.gif
497 KB, 300x126
>>27632351
>Job Hunt
>Hunt

The society has changed so much yet our brains and instincts can't keep up with this rapid pace. So we have to use this archaic terminology to trigger those primordial instincts to make sense of it all. We don't hunt anymore, we can't hunt anymore. Well, at least not in the original meaning of the word - to hunt for survival. Instead we're forced into a different role - a worker, a slave. A role our primordial brain cannot hope to understand. So we are left to a world of never ending confusion and unfulfillment.
>>
File: hahahahahhhhwaaaaaah.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahhhhwaaaaaah.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
Fucking awful.
Every application and interview ends in my ultimate defeat and humiliation

>Live in a port city
>Got a job interview to go and work as a potwash on a cruise ship
>Thought it might be nice to go on a fun adventure, even though potwash is like slave tier work
>At the job interview
>One of the first questions is 'why do you want to work in the cruise industry'
>Didn't have any sort of answer prepared
>Literally just need a job and to escape my horrible home
>thought of a clever quip
>'tt-this is a CRUISE job? I thought POTWASH meant CLEANING the streets of drug crime!'
>pot=weed
>guy doesn't get the joke
>looks at my CV again
>'err... no sir... this is a cruise ship job. Are you sure you applied for the right position'
>apologise and say no
>ask to leave
>he lets me leave
>on the way home I vomit from nerves
>tfw spent the ast 3 days sitting and watching cruise ships come and go
>it could have been ME
>>
>looking for a dead end job, cuz no education
>need money for commute to the uni
>need uni to get a better job
>need better job to distance myself from all these filthy blue collars around me
>need better job to waste away at a desk
>the fun never stops, does it
>>
been filling applications for 3 years straight and only managed to get 1 interview, of course i royally blew it
>>
>>27632351
I bashed out 50 applications in 3 days. Got one interview, got the job. Hunt complete
>>
>>27633286
Where are you working at?
>>
>>27633286
>50 applications

online? paper applications? both?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (6 KB, 393x75) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
6 KB, 393x75
>>27632403
you were probably too nervous acting. the main thing in an interview is going in their with the mindest of - 'i'm the best person for this job!'. you really just need to be yourself in the interview.
>>
>>27633433
Online, had to adjust my cover letter slightly each time but didn't take long.

>>27633344
I'm an analyst in finance
>>
>>27632351
>apply to job with flamboyant language
>get invited to job interview and act normie and hyped up
>few days into the job
>"wow anon you're like a completely different person"

they still cant fire me because a contract has been signed and I do the job properly nevertheless

wew lads
>>
>>27633479
It's not even that. I was offered the job and signed all the paperwork. I was even given a schedule and an estimated start date.
>>
>>27632351
I've been looking for a job for a couple of weeks. I got four interviews, one of them sounds like they want to get me the job but i havent heard from them at all today and i went to one today and got the job on the spot and the manager even said i was already written into the schedule. Im also supposed to hear back from one place tomorrow and they also sound like they want me. All and all pretty nice.
>>
File: 1448294177276.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448294177276.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>this shows up as recommended viewing on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrC86mmPaw

It's like they know I'm a worthless weeb NEET with no future and this is all I can get now
>>
>>27633699
Dont worry man you can work your way up
>>
>unironically wanting to be a wagecuck
I just apply for a few jobs each week because else I won't get any neetbux. I make sure I'm not qualified so I don't have to go to any interview.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.