[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>chasing women who will never make you feel appreciated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: alliance-1600x1200.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
alliance-1600x1200.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>chasing women who will never make you feel appreciated.
>not enjoying this clearly superior fantasy universe instead
>>
>tfw current lore is just too fucking weird for me
i stopped when MoP came out and been playing private servers ever since but it's just not the same
>>
>>27632277
WHY IS THAT GIGANTIC ELF OUTSIDE OF THE SUBMARINE
>>
>>27632277
>wow
it's garbage
>>
>WoW post-tbc
It's shit. Only redeeming parts of anything beyond tbc was ulduar and naxx being accessible for more than 0.5% of the playerbase, but they made it way too fucking easy.
Dual spec was nice too, for those who played multirole classes.

>tfw no good, populated tbc server
FUCKING WHY
>>
currently reading chronicle, all this retconned shit with pandaland actually being important is pissing me off.
>>
>>27632785
>muh tbc
tbc was fucking dogshit
>>
File: 1459318280913.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1459318280913.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
>>27632785
>Nostalgiafags and newfags trying to fit in will never accept the fact that every expansion post TBC except WoD was good
>>
>>27632785
I enjoyed my brief time on Excalibur.
>you will never play retail BC again
;_;

>>27632823
ARE YOU HAPPY ABOUT SARGERAS BEING A DINDU
>>
>>27632856
Why do you think tbc was bad? Honestly, there's parts of it I dislike too (Fuck BEM in general, what a dumb zone. Let's put spikes on spikes, put them everywhere, and call it a zone), but I think they picked up the game where it left off real well. Finally made almost every class/spec viable, unlike vanilla with it's shitty itemization with +agi/spi plate and pallies having to wear cloth for heals.
The expansion had neat lore, and the raids were fun. Found the dungeons for the most part pretty great too. Honestly never made it to SWP, though. BoJ didn't kill the incentive to raid (for me, anyway) like whatever the welfare badges were in Wrath. Not to mention the Wintegrasp VoA raid was basically just tossing out raid tier gear out for anyone who had 20 minutes to spare, same with OS/RS/etc. I didn't really like any of the zones outside of Sholazar either, same with the dungeons. It was all really.. drab, I guess. I hated ICC for this exact reason, never did it for fun, only for gear, unlike Uld/Naxx. And can we talk about how fucking lazy raid/dungeon design got? What the fuck is ToGC? It's just a fucking circle.
>>27632904
Played from 2005.. or 2006? up until the day cata came out. Never looked back. I scratch my wow itch by playing tbc servers, maybe the occasional vanilla server.
I guess one other good thing that came out of wotlk was hardmode. Those made raids even more challenging, which I liked.
>>27632964
What a terrible feel, brother. ;_;
>>
>>27632277
If you're talking about WoW from 2004-2009, then yeah. Those were probably the best years of my life.
>>
>>27632277
Was great while it lasted. I'm sure for many actual robots it was as lifestyle definitive as it was for me if not more.
>>
>>27632277
I started in cata and I miss it desu. I'm pretty sure MOP was better but going from complete noob to a noob who got carried through DS normal was so memorable on his xXarthasboiXx tier death knight. I get so nostalgic every time I see tier gear from Cata
>>
>tfw can't get into WoW anymore
I just want to distract myself from life
>>
>>27633242
>I started in cata
I don't mean to fling shit at you or people like you but I could hardly relate to the ones that started in Wrath, it's hard to believe people actually started playing in cata/mop/wod and enjoyed themselves.
>>
>>27633413
They're usually the type to always claim how poor and awful early WoW was.
>>
I want a TBC/vanilla hybrid to exist.
>>
File: tfw.png (42 KB, 602x748) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
42 KB, 602x748
>tfw lived in a rural area
>tfw trying to play WoW on dial up connection
>tfw you could only do dungeons and had to avoid dalaran in the day because high population areas would crash my internet
>tfw completely missed out on the raiding experience.
>>
>>27633453
Same here but I was a pleb anyway so I didn't care about raiding or end-game. Just having fun and not trying to autistically learn every little detail about the game is the best way to play.
I'm over WoW now but I'm still waiting on VR so I can be with my nelf waifu.
>>
>>27633453
If you think Dalaran was bad try getting anything done in Shattrath during TBC. That place was loaded with a shit ton of NPCs, it was ridiculous.
>>
>>27633550
Niggas don't even know about lag, man.
>be me, 11 years old
>in IF during vanilla
>drops to 1-5fps depending on where in the city I am, literally unplayable because nothing would move, if I accidentally logged out there at night I'd have to wait forever until most people logged out the next evening to get back on that character
>somehow managed to be even worse during the christmas event with the tree and stuff in front of the bank

I thought my usual 20fps was amazing, until the two, much older guys I was playing with were talking about how IF drops their regularly 60-80fps. I thought they were lying cause I didn't know fps could even go that high.
>>
>>27633636
>Trying to make it between the mailbox and AH in IF and falling off the bridge because of fucking lag
Still, it was cool seeing all the pvpers and raiders idling on their epic mounts. I'll never get why they pushed Stormwind as the main alliance city when IF was so much cooler and everyone already loved it.
>>
>>27633675
Man, those people with epic mounts decked out in raid gear were so cool in vanilla. It was something that actually made you look at them in awe. I miss that feeling.
>made a night elf, one of my first characters
>some 60 is hanging out in Darnassus
>he gives me 10g out of the blue and tells me to add him as a friend, helps me out with stuff every so often
>mfw i have no face for this level of generosity
And, yeah, I agree with the whole SW shouldn't be the capital city thing. I guess lore-wise it made sense, but it's such a god awful city to navigate.
>>
>>27632277
>be me
>10
>give my account to someone cause he would level character for me
>hacked
>crying & confused
>neighbor age 17 helps me out
>2 weeks go by
>get my account back
>1 level 40 night elf with mount
>1 level 40 rogue human with mount
>cry again

this was the best experience i ever had being scammed
>>
>>27633964
>play since vanilla
>let sub run out in cata cause I get bored
>come back after a few months
>account was hacked, able to recover it
>hacker leveled my professions to the cap and hadn't sold all of the materials he farmed yet
That was a good day.
>>
>>27632277
>superior fantasy universe

>glorified Skinners box, emphasizing number grinding and mindless drudgery over actual enjoyment or skill
>Cliched Sy-fy tier plot stocked with Mary-Sues aplenty, poor narrative structure; to its credit, most players never really read the plot.

>superior fantasy universe

I guess you guys really DO hate yourselves.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.