[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/books/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 016 - Y6SN6xf.jpg (872 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
016 - Y6SN6xf.jpg
872 KB, 3072x2304
What are some books that could improve a robot's life or make him understand what he's doing wrong? Or some shit related to the point of life.
I know most of you think there's no hope and there's no point in trying, but I still have some hope left. Once I'll lose the last bits of hope, I'll just kill myself.
At the moment, I'm just living for no reason at all. I'm thinking about killing myself before falling asleep and first thing in the morning.
I have some more weight to lose and then I'm probably going to try tinder/okcupid and end up killing myself after everything fails.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 706x720
>>27631493
How to win friends and influence people
6 pillars of self esteem
Infinite Jest
Guns, germs & steel
The art of the deal
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 854x1590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 854x1590
>>27631493
"think" by Robert Blackburn

I had to buy the book for philosophy class and it's actually pretty good. It's fairly small and I decided to keep it instead of selling it back. I bought it used and someone wrote their phone number in it...hmmm...
>>
>>27631606
*simon Blackburn

My bad
>>
>>27631493
>no hope

according to the internet it depends how old you are because time is linear(?) or something

anyway good luck
>read magazines on your hobby or interest
>>
>>27631567
>Guns, germs, and steel

Is this just liberal bullshit or is there fact in Diamond's argument?
>>
Siddhartha is a good one
>>
>>27631759

I love Siddharta
>>
Rules of The Game

Its a 'how to get a date in 30 days' book, but is really more of a 'how to take small steps to overcome social anxiety and feel comfortable talking to others' book

It has daily tasks for you to do that help overcome anxiety and shyness

example

>day 1 answer ssome questions written in the bok about how you feel you are perceived by others and how you want to be. Also, go outside and make smalltalk with 5 people. Doesn't have to be a conversation or anything, it doesn't matter what you or they say, just say something to them
>Day 2 Set Goals on what you would like to do that makes you happy, write out how doing them will make you happy and how not doing them won't. Also, go outside and make small talk again, bit this time look into the other person's eyes and later write down their eye color.

and so on.
>>
The New Testament
>>
Any anxiety or depression workbooks to help you with your problems.
>>
Read "My Twisted World" by Elliot Rodger. It will make you stop feeling sorry for yourself.
>>
>>27631493

Thomas Ligotti's "The Conspiracy Against the Human Race"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.