[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /night terrors/ here? What were yours typically like? Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (390 KB, 1600x2286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390 KB, 1600x2286
Who /night terrors/ here?

What were yours typically like? Any recurring themes?

I saw stuff crawling on my walls a lot when I was a kid.

I rarely get them anymore but when I do I usually wake up to yelling or screaming.
>>
>>27631368
>but when I do I usually wake up to yelling or screaming
that's what night terrors are, congrats you retard
>>
>>27631393
Yeah, obviously. I'm describing what mine are usually like.

What is reading comprehension?
>>
>>27631368
I had a few when I was younger. One time in specific I remember I was having a really bad fever and I thought I could jump really fucking high.

I was on the stairs just hopping around thinking I was going like 20 feet in the air, it was incredible. Then I get to the top of the stares and my cat meows at me and spooks the shit out of me and I zap out of it.
>>
File: 585714628.jpg (26 KB, 950x400) Image search: [Google]
585714628.jpg
26 KB, 950x400
>>27631448
Ever since I was a kid I'd have sleep paralysis but I wasn't really scared as a kid
I enjoy my nightmares and my rare sleep paralysis however the shadowy recurring figure that used to be in my childhood nightmares manifested itself as schizophrenia
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 854x1590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 854x1590
>>27631368
The ants in the bed

OH GOD THE ANTS IN THE BED.

It started when I was around 9, I'd see my bed infested with ants or spiders. I'd run out of my room in a panic. It went away but came back stronger now at age 22. Like there was a dead body in my bed, a spider on the wall, and waking up to see a hand right near my face.

What causes this?
>>
whats the difference between nightmares and night terrors?

I have awful dreams like being ripped apart by dogs, and a recent example is some babies were getting cut up with razors in front of me while shrieking loudly and I couldn't move.

I wake up sometimes and feel like crying, and often I feel really panicked.

I wouldnt call them nightmares though.
>>
>>27631673
Night terrors are conscious experiences caused by your subconscious.

I know that makes no sense but it's like when you're awake but the nightmare is still happening. So you feel like everything is actually happening.

For instance once I woke up to people shouting about a fire on a submarine and ran out of my house because I genuinely thought it was happening and was convinced if I didn't I would die.
>>
Shadows of people moving on the wall, behind shelves etc.
they move like puppets
Whenever I wake up screaming I see the same dude walking around my room
>>
I don't know if this is technically a night terror, but I tend to have 2 common themes in my dreams. First is I'm often lost in some enormous fantasy mall. Like there's rival factions that exist in the mall and there's places to sleep and shower as well as all the stores. Reminds of the Kowloon Walled City in a way. I don't really have any explanation for this one, but it happens a lot. The second, involves driving on roller-coaster roads. It's always at extreme heights and it takes place above very dense cities. Lots of crazy loops and long bridges that somehow hover hundreds of miles above the ground. I usually fall at some point which startles me awake.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.